Well heres the good post by M Craig over at bluffMichaelCraigNewbieJoined: 13 February 2006Location: United States Online Status: OfflinePosts: 39 Posted: 23 February 2006 at 9:44pm | IP Logged -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Again, and for the last time, I apologize for the delay. Here are the highlights:1. They played $50,000-$100,000. Ivey wanted the higher limit and, of course, Beal wanted it. Ivey convinced the pros, who I think were very divided about it. And even though Andy lost $10 million today, he made a point of thanking Phil at the end and saying, completely sincerely, "Thanks for getting the stakes raised to fifty and one hundred." Not sarcastically, but honestly.2. Andy was ahead by $1-2 million for the first half of the match. Like the first two days, Phil controlled the action by always raising, always betting, but Andy had him timed very well for picking him off.3. In a space of 3 hands, Phil made back most of that deficit. Big pots, concealed strength, wicked rivers, etc. etc. etc. (See the May issue of BLUFF for the details.) But Phil took over the lead and just ACCELERATED.4. He made the $10 million in about 4 hours. (I'll check my notes after returning home and get you and "exact" or you'll read it in my May story, but Andy had the lead for half and Phil had the lead for half. But Phil had it for the better half, and the bigger half.)5. The game became wild, reckless, and unrelentlessly aggressive. The timing Andy had in picking Phil off had failed. Andy got some river suck-outs but, now behind, probably became dispirited when he was the victim. (Phil, in contrast, was not affected in the least when Andy sucked out. So I can't tell you if Andy took more bad beats or just got affected by it more.) But with constant reraising and nobody folding, the river will decide a lot of hands. Phil won more of those, which made the game just that much more out of control.6. It finished up about 45 minutes before my first post. Andy said he's done with poker for ever. One of the pros said he would bet me that Andy will be back within six months. It's not a matter I'll speculate about. (I will tell you, though, that Andy Beal gave me his pocket watch at the end. Say what you will but he BELIEVES that he's done.)7. Andy was a total gentleman, and so was Phil Ivey, and so were the several pros in the room, who came because they were concerned about how their investment was doing but kept discretely hidden so not to appear to be gloating over the result.I'm heading for home and may try to post something late, late, late tonight, or maybe tomorrow. But you're going to be looking at one helluva story for the April issue of BLUFF, about Andy's first two trips to Vegas this month, and a very interesting conclusion which I think BLUFF will run in May.I consider myself lucky to know Andy Beal and to have gotten to see all this from this vantage point. I saw a lot of remarkable play by the pros, but I have to admit that sitting across a table from Phil Ivey for three days was MIND BLOWING. I don't think anyone has ever tried to show that or describe that. Maybe I'll give it a shot.Michael Craigso if the math is right... -10,000,000 + 6,600,000 + 10,000,000 = 6,600,000/20=$330,000 per shareDoes anyone think since phil won a total of 16.6 mil to erase the loss from early feb and add 330k a piece... should he get a higher cut?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to think what would Beal be down if the Corp would have let Ivey play from the beginning, which have not made sense since he is arguably the best player in the corp. and the one that is better suited to handle stakes these high. Anybody still think that Phil Ivey is over rated?

Interesting to think what would Beal be down if the Corp would have let Ivey play from the beginning, which have not made sense since he is arguably the best player in the corp. and the one that is better suited to handle stakes these high. Anybody still think that Phil Ivey is over rated?
He's no Chris Moneymaker, thats for sure. World Champion Baby. Lets not forget how he humiliated Ivey in 2003 WSOP ME
i bumped into ivey at the wynn right as he was finishing his match yesterday...he's a lot taller than i expected him to be....he had a few people from the big game with him, elezra, couple others.
Wow, how short did you think he was? I mean, he is still pretty short. Allen Cunningham, on the other hand, is much taller than I thought he was when I saw him playing in that Grand Prix tourney a few years back.
Hmmm...Phil Ivey tears up Andy Beal, and Tiger destroys his opponent 9 & 8 in match play all in the same couple of days.... Coincidence?
they are one and the same.And did anyone see that romp? I've never heard of a match play score of 9 & 8...haha, and Stephen Ames was talkin shit before hand. Nice going.
I wish Ivey was playing with his own money. How sick would that be to walk out of there personally up $16.6 M after 3 days? I bet he wishes he was playing with his own money too.
I wish he was playing with my money

I guess it would have been easy for Ivey as long as he never go AQ dealt to him. Can you imagine him looking down at AQ at those stakes??? What do you suppose would be going through his mind?

I guess it would have been easy for Ivey as long as he never go AQ dealt to him. Can you imagine him looking down at AQ at those stakes??? What do you suppose would be going through his mind?
Probably "raise"
I realize that hand has given him trouble in tournaments, but seriously, in HU LHE Ace Queen is a F-ing MONSTER.
330 K a piece. I seriously hope Ivey takes home more than that. There is no way i would be kosher with winning 16 million and recieving a peanut.
That's the agreement. You have to realize that it goes both ways. If he would have lost 16 million instead he wouldn't have had to pay more.

Oh man I love that Phill Ivey. I am also glad Beal played again. I like and reapect Andy Beal. That Andy Beal Got them Mega Big Ballz. Ppl need to realize that just looking at Phill Ivey will make money fall out your pockets.

Oh man I love that Phill Ivey. I am also glad Beal played again. I like and reapect Andy Beal. That Andy Beal Got them Mega Big Ballz. Ppl need to realize that just looking at Phill Ivey will make money fall out your pockets.
I dont really understand why everyone says he has big balls for playing. I'm aware they are playing for a rather large sum, but it is relatively small to Andy Beal. So, no, he does not have big balls. Just a big wallet.

Oh man can't I just Like Andy Beal. Who else is out there playing for that kind of money? The guy got guts... IMO. p.s. I do see your point though and units is units. ( I stole the units thing form Todd Brunson.)

I don't know if this has been answered anywhere else, but does the 16.6 million include the 3 million they took off Beal in the first week? The way I read things it looks like this.Week 1: Corp. + $3 millionWeek 2: Corp. - $10 MillionWeek 3: Corp + $16.6 millionTotal: Corp + $9.6 millionIs this right, or am I missing some math???