This Language Filter Is Stupid And Insulting..

I'd hate to leave this site for something so stupid, but, I will.Don't treat us like freaking third graders.The F Word; so the guy said don't buy a dodge, at least that oneAre you serious? This is your way of being funny, right? Failed "F'n" miserably. Change it to 'censored' or I'll be leaving--and I doubt I'll be the only one. I'm not going to be a part of a site that treats it's members like they're five.You wonder why a juvenile atmosphere is so prevalent on this site when you treat your members like they're 12.Amazing.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hate to leave this site for something so stupid, but, I will.Don't treat us like freaking third graders.The F Word; so the guy said don't buy a dodge, at least that oneAre you serious? This is your way of being funny, right? Failed "F'n" miserably. Change it to 'censored' or I'll be leaving--and I doubt I'll be the only one. I'm not going to be a part of a site that treats it's members like they're five.You wonder why a juvenile atmosphere is so prevalent on this site when you treat your members like they're 12.Amazing.
I dont think that there's a filter in off topic.
I dont think that there's a filter in off topic.
Try again..just implemented.
this site is going down the shitter
Yeah, that's the beauty part.They left it was the foliage that had gotten to the young lad wide open.it was the foliage that had gotten to the young lad, it was the foliage that had gotten to the young lad, it was the foliage that had gotten to the young lad, it was the foliage that had gotten to the young lad.so the guy said don't buy a dodge, at least that one, so the guy said don't buy a dodge, at least that one, so the guy said don't buy a dodge, at least that one, so the guy said don't buy a dodge, at least that one.Brilliant.
Try again..just implemented.Yeah, that's the beauty part.They left it was the foliage that had gotten to the young lad wide open.it was the foliage that had gotten to the young lad, it was the foliage that had gotten to the young lad, it was the foliage that had gotten to the young lad, it was the foliage that had gotten to the young lad.so the guy said don't buy a dodge, at least that one, so the guy said don't buy a dodge, at least that one, so the guy said don't buy a dodge, at least that one, so the guy said don't buy a dodge, at least that one.Brilliant.
I"m not sure what you said at the end? Is that the filter?
unfortunetly admin and gov aren't around right now, so nothing can be done today.
Yup. I've posted a topic in the admin/mod section so that they will change it when they get back.You guys have to learn to be patient with these things. Governator and Admin worked for hours on end to get this up. They're taking a break now that it's up. They'll fix any other problems in the coming days.

If someone comes to your home and you ask them not to put their shoes on your coffee table, would you expect them to listen and not put their feet up on your table?Think about it. We have it in our rules not to curse. Yet some members don't have the respect when we ask not to curse. So in a sense, we are having to lay down plastic on our table since our guest keep insisting on putting their shoed feet on our table.

If someone comes to your home and you ask them not to put their shoes on your coffee table, would you expect them to listen and not put their feet up on your table?Think about it. We have it in our rules not to curse. Yet some members don't have the respect when we ask not to curse. So in a sense, we are having to lay down plastic on our table since our guest keep insisting on putting their shoed feet on our table.
The point is that the rule is stupid. Poker is supposed to be a game played by adults, and I've never met an adult that couldnt handle a few bad words being said.
The point is that the rule is stupid. Poker is supposed to be a game played by adults, and I've never met an adult that couldnt handle a few bad words being said.
The point is is that this is a business site and we want a professional image. Cursing is frowned at the Fortune 50 company that I work at. Most respectable businesses are not keen on cursing.Let's class up poker and learn to be a bit more intelligent with our conversations. There is a good article in either this months Bluff or All In that addresses this subject.

it's not a "this swear filter comes with the territory" either...there wasn't one when the board was brought up, and now a really juvenile one was put into place.if this is the case, i'll go put my shoes on someone else's coffee table.

You've completely missed the point.I don't care that you put plastic on the table, but don't bring me a freaking spill-proof cup for my pop. Don't make me wear a damn diaper.I'm not a child and I don't want to be treated like one.If you want to censor it, fine, I get that.Daniel's site, Daniel's rules. Blah..I don't care. I think it's childish, but, it's not my site.But just freakin' censor it. Don't blow my sentence structure all to hell because you feel like being cute. Use 'Censored' not some random 9 word non-sequitir.Don't mock me.
The point is is that this is a business site and we want a professional image. Cursing is frowned at the Fortune 50 company that I work at. Most respectable businesses are not keen on cursing.Let's class up poker and learn to be a bit more intelligent with our conversations. There is a good article in either this months Bluff or All In that addresses this subject.
So, that's what it is then? These forums are just here to support the fu.cking poker site? I thought these forums were devoted to discussion about poker and strategy and getting better as a player--not padding someone's wallet.Consider my shoes off your coffee table then. Didn't mean to inconvenience you.

i'm just not a fan of this new set up, i know they worked hard and maybe I will get used to it, but at the moment i am ready to pack up and move elsewhereso the guy said don't buy a dodge, at least that onelol sweet language filter, that might be the stupidest idea in history

I thought this forum was for the players. Do you think that most of the players want a language filter, I think that if you put a poll up, that you would get an emphatic "NO".Seriously, why not ask that players and see what they want?
ya i'm just playing around with it a little - you guys should honestly not get so heated over this - can we not have a little "juvenile" fun for a day or so during the forum release?
Yeah, I'd expect this from a hippy.
ya i'm just playing around with it a little - you guys should honestly not get so heated over this - can we not have a little "juvenile" fun for a day or so during the forum release?
Fun? We can have fun? Okay, for your enjoyment.... so the guy said don't buy a dodge, at least that one.