This Language Filter Is Stupid And Insulting..

"I'm glad you were inherently stupid enough to miss the entire point of this thread." I made multiple references to the fact that I did not read the entire thread. Just your first post and one of the last (also yours). But, then again, I guess if you acknowledged that fact you wouldn't have been able to make your clever post, right?Anyway, I thought you were leaving? You saw how much an impact Spade leaving had. Drop the bomb on us. Hang us out to dry. Add any other lame cliches you can think of here concerning you leaving, and us being worse off because of it.So I went back and read a few more posts, since DrawingDead mentioned that I missed the point. I figured that must mean that there was a point in the first place. All I found was a great deal of irony.1) DrawingDead dislikes the new language filter because he feels that it treats users as children who cannot condunct themselves like adults.2) DrawingDead proclaims that if the forum is not changed in the way that he demands, he is just going to leave. Period. Wow. That's a mature stance to take. How un-childish of you.Did I still miss the point?
People like you make me wish I was 'Pro-Choice'.
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"People like you make me wish I was 'Pro-Choice'."Uhh..... Ok. Zing? I guess?But you do have a good point. Because I disagree with your opinion, and then stated so in a public forum, the world probably would be better off if my mother had had the option to terminate her pregnancy when she was carrying me. Good call.

"People like you make me wish I was 'Pro-Choice'."Uhh..... Ok. Zing? I guess?But you do have a good point. Because I disagree with your opinion, and then stated so in a public forum, the world probably would be better off if my mother had had the option to terminate her pregnancy when she was carrying me. Good call.
This is the first time that I actually agree with you on anything.
Nah..I just think it's funny that you admit to not reading the thread in it's entirety, BUT, that doesn't stop you from making these ludicrous, sweeping statements with no real thought or rationale. You know, you don't bother to read my explanation for creating the thread, but, then, you expect me to respond to you in serious manner?Blow me.I don't have time for ignorance.Go beg Spade to mock you again.
"Go beg Spade to mock you again."Spade: please mock me again.Now what?
I'm going to assume that by you completely ignoring the other 53 words in that reply that you have nothing of substance to say. Go away, now. Go take a walk around the block or something, maybe walk into heavy traffic. But don't forget to put your helmet on. Strap it tight.
That's how I read it anyway.
You always scored low on reading comprehension tests then, I'm assuming?
Wow.Lets see here....firstly, you are saying that your image is more important than what DN's fans want. Theresa, that is the definition of not understanding who butters your bread.Secondly, I have worked at several big time law firms and I did a summer stint at Goldman Sachs. There was swearing and cursing. Perhaps not LOTS but certainly quite a bit. So, to be honest, I dont find your point valid in any way, shape or form. Rich businessmen swear, lawyers swear, janitors swear. Its a fact of life. I am not sure exactly what Fortune 50 company you work at but it must have had some seriously milquetoast weinies. I do agree that cursing in large amounts is distasteful and signals a lesser mind and a limited vocabulary. However, cursing has its time and place.....usually to make a point in an extremely emphatic fashion.I find your explanation extremely patronizing and I think you are missing the larger issue: the forum regulars are the lifeblood of the site....if all of them say something is ridiculous you should take it seriously.
I miss my little Canebrain
You know, I've always kinda liked you. So I'm not going to say anything other than, you're way off base. Good luck.
Go read your first post in this thread. Why not just say, "Why does the language filter return long non-sequiturs rather than just 'censored?' It really makes it confusing and difficult to read. Is this going to be changed or is it here to stay?"Then you would've received the answer from Admin, "I was just messing around with the new features on the site. It will be changed in the morning." And then everything would be fine.Instead, you immediately start with the insults and complaining and it gets everyone arguing and calling people names when it was such an easy thing to resolve.I like how you put "good luck" in there at the end. It's like you're trying to appear respectful in your post, but you still need to be a little condescending. Thanks.
Go read your first post in this thread. Why not just say, "Why does the language filter return long non-sequiturs rather than just 'censored?' It really makes it confusing and difficult to read. Is this going to be changed or is it here to stay?"Then you would've received the answer from Admin, "I was just messing around with the new features on the site. It will be changed in the morning." And then everything would be fine.Instead, you immediately start with the insults and complaining and it gets everyone arguing and calling people names when it was such an easy thing to resolve.I like how you put "good luck" in there at the end. It's like you're trying to appear respectful in your post, but you still need to be a little condescending. Thanks.
If we still had the little clappy guy, he would be here. Nice post Hobbes.
**** Shit Bitch Ass. Seems to work fine to me...If I offended anyone. Sorry and go back to your closet.
I don't know why you gotta do it, with the swearing. All you gotta do is say earmuffs, and you can say Shit, ****.**** Balls.Ok Frank, I was using that as an example, no need to celebrate it.
Well written. And correct.
I agree with this. Well done.Turd, where you been? Haven't seen you in forever. Welcome back.

alright, there really isn't a need to turn this thread into a flame fest, because its kinda proving admin's point about the filter. I'm gonna keep this open a bit longer, but if all of the pointless flaming keeps up, I'm gonna lock it down