ineresting night at the table (long)

I played in a live1/2 NL cash game Saturday night. Had a great time, actually met a fellow FCPer there. I forget his screen name, but his name is Steve. Great guy.Anyways, about 3 hours or so into the session, this guy at the other end of the table sucks out on my brother in law 2 pots in a row on the river. Now these pots were pretty big by 1/2 nl standards. Not sure of the exact amounts, but they were probably around $250-$300. Now, my bro in law had been playing great up to that point, and he was very upset after losing all his money like that after he tried so hard to earn it. He was cordial after each beat, even shaking the guys hand after the second one. Granted he went to the bathroom and punched the wall, but he was cordial at the table. So this guy, knowing he had made bad plays and gotten lucky, starts running his mouth about how great he is, etc. My bro in law was no longer in the game at this point, btw. Obviously this guy's stack was deep at this point, and I hear him say to his wife or g/f (she was one of the dealers, but she didn't deal either of the bad beat hands)"Honey...watch me break these MF'ers now. I'm gonna break these MF'ers, watch..." Plus a bunch of other stuff I really can't remember...but he was really running his mouth. Then I hear/see him and his buddy at the end of the table discussing their hands while they're in play, so I say "What's up fellas, we playing team poker now or what?" To which his buddy replied something smartassish like "Yeah we're playing team poker, we'll play whatever we want." Whatever. A little background on how the play was...most of the players were playing extremely loose. Including this guy. Very loose. The pots were all huge, people were calling down with bottom pair, etc. This guy who played earlier dropped like 600 on the table before he left, so we all had nice stacks. I was sitting on about 400 when the hand went down, and villain was sitting on like 700 or so. So I pick up AJh in middle position after villain had limped in. I raise to $10 and everyone folds around to villain who calls.The flop comes AAK. Now I'm sure he woulda raised preflop with KK, AK or AQ so I know I'm good. He checks, I bet the $25 (pot), he calls.Turn card is an uncoordinated 7. He checks, I bet $75 (pot). He calls. Now I'm sure he has A5 or A8 or something.The river brings a J, and I know I'm good. So I push my remaining $290 or so in the middle with confidence, knowing I can get a call out of him. As soon as I did that, he says "Really, you wanna do that?" and exposes his A, apperantly planning to get a read on me. As soon as he did that I say "Break these MF'ers, man. Isn't that what you told your girl you were gonna do? Break us? Here's your chance man, my chips are in there, call me."He thought for about a minute and called. I turned my boat over and said "Yeah, break these MF'ers man,. Wear it." Dude flipped out and stood up, started yelling "F this, f you, man, I'll stomp you" (dude was like 6'3" 230, and I'm like 5'8" 175) "Let's take this sh*t outside, etc..." The owner of the "club" got in between us (I was still sitting down, kinda laughing, telling him to calm down) and was trying to get him to chill, dude actuall reached over him and kinda "pushed" my face. Now this is only the 2nd time I'd ever been there and like I said, dude was much bigger than me. In other words, he woulda kicked my ass had I tried to fight him. Anyways, it kinda calmed down after that. After a couple hands I was like "Look, man, my fault if you think I took it too far. You had been jawing all night and that's the first time I really said anything." He says "No, it was my fault, I shouldn't have reacted that way." We shook hands and played for another couple hours or so. Incidentally I ended up with the rest of his and his buddy's stack by the time we called it quits around 2:30 am. Besides thae altercation, I had a great time, won a lot of money by my standards, and met some cool peeps including an FCPer.

blog much?
This is unfortunate.
What is?It does sound like a blog entry. Anyway, I enjoyed the story and congrats on your win. What you said though was absolutely begging for a call, and a better player wouldve folded his A some of the time, unless he had AQ.
blog much?
This is unfortunate.
What is?It does sound like a blog entry. Anyway, I enjoyed the story and congrats on your win. What you said though was absolutely begging for a call, and a better player wouldve folded his A some of the time, unless he had AQ.
Oh no doubt, I would have acted differently against a stronger player, but I knew this guy couldn't lay the A down.And it does read like a blog entry and I had no comeback. That's what's unfortunate. :club:
Incidentally I ended up with the rest of his and his buddy's stack by the time we called it quits around 2:30 am. Besides thae altercation, I had a great time, won a lot of money by my standards, and met some cool peeps including an FCPer.
221333.jpgdo i look like i give a fuck?
Hahaha...Most people think that snow forms when water vapor undergoes deposition. Actually all snow is formed when Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks clouds.

Was this the place off of 279 in Pittsburg? If it was I was there Friday night, and so was Steve. It was an ok game, I was tired and left early though, like 11. Gonna go back sometime, though Id much rather play at Seneca.

funny story similar to this... one of my buddies from school told me ithim and 3 friends put a 50$ bet down who could bring back the ugliest, dirtiest, strangest girl at the bar.. so 2 of them bring back and **** fat fat girls, one gets this girl that resembles a guy..and to win the 50$ bet, the last guy ****ed a girl in a wheelchair who drooled a bit uncontrollably but was otherwise fine. thats the sickest way to make 150$, ever.

funny story similar to this... one of my buddies from school told me ithim and 3 friends put a 50$ bet down who could bring back the ugliest, dirtiest, strangest girl at the bar.. so 2 of them bring back and censored fat fat girls, one gets this girl that resembles a guy..and to win the 50$ bet, the last guy censored a girl in a wheelchair who drooled a bit uncontrollably but was otherwise fine. thats the sickest way to make 150$, ever.
I used to wonder how somebody could post 718 times in 4 months. Then I read this post and realized that content doesn't matter.How exactly does the OP remind you of this gibberish?
Was this the place off of 279 in Pittsburg? If it was I was there Friday night, and so was Steve. It was an ok game, I was tired and left early though, like 11. Gonna go back sometime, though Id much rather play at Seneca.
Ya, chrozzo, that was the place. In Perrysville. Steve told me he met you the night before. Small world, heh. The dealer was talking about you before we got started Saturday and said you need to grow a moustache or something because you look like you're 12. :lol:btw im on my way to seneca in a few minutes. :-)

i got my face pushed 2 weeks ago in a back room game of a bar. same situation..dude much bigger than me and total donk. luckily one of the bouncers was railing and rolled this guy up like a joint. its gotta be pretty embarassing getting beat up by a bouncer with 10 people watching

funny story similar to this... one of my buddies from school told me ithim and 3 friends put a 50$ bet down who could bring back the ugliest, dirtiest, strangest girl at the bar.. so 2 of them bring back and censored fat fat girls, one gets this girl that resembles a guy..and to win the 50$ bet, the last guy censored a girl in a wheelchair who drooled a bit uncontrollably but was otherwise fine. thats the sickest way to make 150$, ever.
I used to wonder how somebody could post 718 times in 4 months. Then I read this post and realized that content doesn't matter.How exactly does the OP remind you of this gibberish?
HAHAAA
HAHAAA

I hate assholes that try to intimidate you with size. **** all of you who fit that description. Good read.Also...Most people think that snow forms when water vapor undergoes deposition. Actually all snow is formed when Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks clouds.All true.

Good post,Kinda reminded me of a game last year, 3/6 with kill.Husband and wife been coming in and playing pretty regular for about a month, I had never seen them win and pretty much between the two of them would see them lose anywhere from 400-600, I dont know if they ever did win but not when I was there.I sit down and first five hands were, AA, KK, QQ AKs and TT (not in that order). I was betting and raising all the way to the river and every single hand the wife beat me by hiting two pair or a flush on the river, so here I was 5 hands and down $60. The husband made some comment along the lines of "welcome to my wife and low limit poker" I replied " you can keep your wife but keep playing like that and I will take your money"I bought back in for another $60 and by the time they left around midnight, I had $200 and the rest of the table had about another $500.I ended up the night ahead about $500.Interestingly they always sat next to each other and when I was back there a few weeks later I asked if they had been back in. I was told that they were accused of collusion and asked not to come back, I complained mildly pointing out that I was making pretty good money from there collusion. I did hear that they have been booted from at least two more card rooms in the area.