just wondering, as this situation came up earlier. when in a hand and u have say for example 910hrts. u raised before flop, one caller. flop comes 6hrts 7hrts 2spd. uve got a gutshot and flush draw. i would usually bet it out and take pot down right thereand then. but if the pot was small, and the person before u checks, would it be worthwhile checking it, hoping to hit and then take some money out of them, or just bet it there and instead win a small pot, rather than a possibly larger pot.am i just chatting bollocks? flame away

just wondering, as this situation came up earlier. when in a hand and u have say for example 910hrts. u raised before flop, one caller. flop comes 6hrts 7hrts 2spd. uve got a gutshot and flush draw. i would usually bet it out and take pot down right thereand then. but if the pot was small, and the person before u checks, would it be worthwhile checking it, hoping to hit and then take some money out of them, or just bet it there and instead win a small pot, rather than a possibly larger pot.am i just chatting bollocks? flame away
If you check here then I think you need to re-evaluate your game. You do have many outs but still only 10 high. You must bet here and either take it down or call the re-raise and hope to hit. I don't think any pro in the world would check in this situation but I am not a pro so I could be wrong.

Depends on the player. If the player always bets when checked to, I would check-raise. If the player is not that aggressive after the flop, I would lead out, about 2/3-a pot sized bet.Against more than one player, you need to bet this hand.Above is for when you are out of position.In the context of you post, you need to bet this.