bb crappy starting hand

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is BB with [4d], [Qd]. 1 fold, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: (6 SB) [6d], [9d], [2h] (6 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, MP2 calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.Turn: (7 BB) [7d] (4 players)Hero bets, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.River: (11 BB) [3h] (2 players)Hero bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 15 BBnot enough stats on villain to be meaningful...I wasn't sure how to play it, on all of the streets.is there any merit to c/3 betting flop and going from there?

flop either how you played it or bet outturn 3 betriver bet
UTG 1 is raising with 2 people behind him on the turn. If you 3 bet the turn and he caps it , you are forcing yourself to put 5 bets in. I would probably 3 bet it with the 2nd nut flush against an unknown but not the 3rd. Id 3 bet it with the 3rd nut flush HU but not 4 handed.This is a good situation to donk bet the river and not get trapped in for 5 bets.

c/r the flop all day. No way you have less than 33 percent equity.Leading is fine as well.Pound. The. Turn. There are soooooo many hands that he could raise here that you are just losing value to by not throwing the bets in.I'd Bet/call the river, assuming he went all the way with me on the turn. As played, I'm pounding the river. You only have to be ahead 66% of the time to three-bet/call cap (assuming he calls with worse hands but caps all of the better ones) and I think that we are ahead way more than that.

I would probably 3 bet it with the 2nd nut flush against an unknown but not the 3rd. Id 3 bet it with the 3rd nut flush HU but not 4 handed
That's weak, don't you think? This is a very easy turn 3-bet. We're ahead the vast majority of the time here.If he caps it, I'll slow down for the river, especially if the board pairs.Jeff
Guest Zach6668
I would probably 3 bet it with the 2nd nut flush against an unknown but not the 3rd. Id 3 bet it with the 3rd nut flush HU but not 4 handed
That's weak, don't you think? This is a very easy turn 3-bet. We're ahead the vast majority of the time here.If he caps it, I'll slow down for the river, especially if the board pairs.Jeff
I'll 3-bet this turn with the 2:diamond:3:diamond:...

Haven't read replies...I have a tendency to lead out on the flop here, but I don't hate the check/call. I like leading the turn, but I think 3-betting is probably correct here too. I'd also tend to suggest a 3-bet call line on the river since you just called the turn.

And just hope that either a) he didnt see the diamond hit or B) is raising without a flush, hoping you dont have it, as well as hoping the 2 people behind him dont have it?
Guest Zach6668
And just hope that either a) he didnt see the diamond hit or B) is raising without a flush, hoping you dont have it, as well as hoping the 2 people behind him dont have it?
.... it's Party Poker 2/4...
.... it's Party Poker 2/4...
What's your point? there are no read on anyone so we have to assume they all have some sort of clue as to how to read a board. You cant just go by what level you are at or you will start to fall into some bad habits that will end up costing you a good amont of money at higher levels.
What's your point? there are no read on anyone so we have to assume they all have some sort of clue as to how to read a board. You cant just go by what level you are at or you will start to fall into some bad habits that will end up costing you a good amont of money at higher levels.
Exactly right... like not 3-betting this turn for example :)In all seriousness, you don't think we're ahead here often enough to 3-bet evidently. What's your reasoning for that?Jeff
a) He could easily be trying to protect a hand like A9. He has a hand he likes, he will probably call. The diamond may have helped him, but it doesn't mean he has a flush. 3-bet is for value. B) This is much more likey than him having the flush. Although if he has a flush, he has us beat unless he has JTs.

Turn's an easy 3-bet, you might run into the nuts or 2nd nuts once in a while, but more often than not your good here. That raise could mean a lower flush, a set, maybe even a straight. You're losing way too much value not 3-betting this.I'm also leading on the river on a blank even if its capped back to me on the turn.

I too agree that the turn is a must 3-bet, he has the Kd or Ad here a bunch and will outdraw us if another diamond hits. Charge him incase he is drawing to such a thing, could also have a set too. If he caps, just check/call the river. If he just calls the 3-bet, bet/call the river, even if the board pairs.