new party software

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not as good as you may think, in fact, it may be worse. On the blind / starting stack structure changes, you have to look at % of stack that the blinds take. For instance - for SNGs (2000 starting stack) the change is not very signficiant. Old stack / structure: 800 stack Level 1: 10/15 - 1.25% / 1.875% stack Level 2: 15/30 - 1.875%/ 3.75% stack Level 3: 25/50 - 3.1% / 6.2% stack Level 4: 50/100 - 6.2%/12.4% stack New stack / structure: 2000 stack Level 1: 20/40 - 1%/2% stack Level 2: 30/60 - 1.5%/3% stack Level 3: 50/100 2.5%/5% stack Level 4: 100/200 - 5%/10% stack With the faster levels (only 10 minutes not 15 hands) I actually think the new stack/blind structure only makes betting a bit more flexible at the early levels. This seems correct to me at least?
pretty sure they were 10 hands, not 15.
I'm probably in the minority, but I liked the old structure for S&G's. It was a good and easy way to grind up a bankroll.
I liked it too. Haven't tried the new one though.MTT's are worse now.
I'm probably in the minority, but I liked the old structure for S&G's.  It was a good and easy way to grind up a bankroll.
i personally felt the old ones would lead to too much push and pray towards the end. Lack of skill needed. IMHO
MTT's are 10 minute levels.Ewwww
Serious!?! That's awful.I'm censored they took "6-max" out of the hand histories, now my pokerace stats are all over the place on teh 6-max tables, anyone know how to fix this?
I'm sure a patch will come out soon.I flopped a straight in my MTT, check/raised all in and got called by a guy that hit his gutshot on the turn.I didn't think it was possible for their MTT structure to be 3x worse than it was...but they did it...
I'm probably in the minority, but I liked the old structure for S&G's.  It was a good and easy way to grind up a bankroll.
i personally felt the old ones would lead to too much push and pray towards the end. Lack of skill needed. IMHO
Not really lack of skill, but requires a different set of skills.
Push/fold starts after 40 minutes now.
OK, I'm an idiot, can someone tell me how to get it so I can import hands into PT?
There's a new patch for pokertracker.I think you can do it manually by changing the directory it finds the HH in, I'm not sure exactly how to do it this way though.

you can tell the software is still very "buggy" as for the changes .... doesnt seem like all that much of a difference except for the big buy in tounrnies and a face lift

Alright, what the hey getting this moved?Yea it's about online poker, but so is the bill banning it etc. etc., almost everything can be moved somewhere else.This is gonna get no traffic here for those of us who want to discuss the changes, cant' we at least have SOME poker discussion in general?No idea who moved it here, but I'm guessing it's not Custom, so, move it back Custom!!

good luck custom...........only took me 11 minutes to get knocked out by king donk.......................I had Ak off, raise 150 preflop.........two callers, flop k-8-6, I bet, donk calls............turn K, i push, he calls with k-8.........i hope that rat censored gets hit by a truck
I just busted out AA against AK againI'm not a fan of this new structure either. I will really have to change my playing style to adapt. I was having such a good run with tounies and they go and change it. :x First of all, alot less players will cash now. the blinds go up too fast. dang at first break chip leaders were over 50k. you have to play alot more aggressive to keep pace and not be short stacked before first break (under 10x the blinds) oh well...now I know why blind structures are so important to DN. maybe i have played at party too long to accept the change right now. will give it a month and analize it then.

Rebuys now making more money for party. in the $6 rebuy for example, it now costs $6 to rebuy/add on and only $5 goes to the prize pool.About MTT's, the ten minute structure sucks ass. If they keep the 20 minute structure for the "events" a.k.a. weekly tourneys, they may be worth playing with 5k chips. I don't know if I can bring myself to play in the 640 on saturday, if it's even available by then.P.S. I've already sent an email to them expressing my discontent. Maybe being a "VIP" player will hold some weight?

Rebuys now making more money for party.  in the $6 rebuy for example, it now costs $6 to rebuy/add on and only $5 goes to the prize pool.About MTT's, the ten minute structure sucks ass.  If they keep the 20 minute structure for the "events"  a.k.a. weekly tourneys, they may be worth playing with 5k chips.  I don't know if I can bring myself to play in the 640 on saturday, if it's even available by then.P.S.   I've already sent an email to them expressing my discontent.  Maybe being a "VIP" player will hold some weight?
I agree...going to send them an email as well. played in the $10 to see how it was....sucked...just glad i didn't play the $100..I was watching the final 2 tables of that and it's an all-in fest...almost everyone is short stacked and pushing with very bad hands..almost as bad as the speed tournies.I'm going to stay away from the tournies...just watch the big ones this week and see if they are any better.

Wow, just downloaded the new party poker and it's horrible. The lobby is even worse now with the 40 billion different areas so you can't see everything. I also didn't think it was possible, but the MTT structure is actually worse. I signed up for the 10/1 that starts at 5:35 which gets around 2500 players normally. Today there are 1400. The stacks start at 1000 with 20/40 blinds but at least 15 minute rounds. If this doesn't get changed I won't be playing at Party for long.ZaraP.S. Grrrr, had JJ and the idiot calls all in on the turn with A rag high and spikes the A on the river

Tables look the same...lobby is dicked up...no more mining without being at the table...not sure yet if PokerAce still works at all with the tables being named dumbass names instead of numbers.
I have never played at Party before. When I installed the software, the windows in the main screen all over lap and cant really read them. Is this what you mean by "dicked up"? Or, does my 1900 X 1200 fubar it?
Tables look the same...lobby is dicked up...no more mining without being at the table...not sure yet if PokerAce still works at all with the tables being named dumbass names instead of numbers.
I have never played at Party before. When I installed the software, the windows in the main screen all over lap and cant really read them. Is this what you mean by "dicked up"? Or, does my 1900 X 1200 fubar it?
That overlap is all them, and there is nothing you can do about it.As for the MTT situation, after the first hour 75% of the field was already eliminated and the level 4 blinds were 100/200! So far the progression has been: 20/40, 30/60, 50/100, 100/200, 150/300 What a ****ing jokeZara
Wow, just downloaded the new party poker and it's horrible. The lobby is even worse now with the 40 billion different areas so you can't see everything. I also didn't think it was possible, but the MTT structure is actually worse. I signed up for the 10/1 that starts at 5:35 which gets around 2500 players normally. Today there are 1400. The stacks start at 1000 with 20/40 blinds but at least 15 minute rounds. If this doesn't get changed I won't be playing at Party for long.ZaraP.S. Grrrr, had JJ and the idiot calls all in on the turn with A rag high and spikes the A on the river
I agree, the new software is terrible. The lobby is hard to read and unorganized. And I still can't play any 1 table SNGs becausse none will load.
I'm probably in the minority, but I liked the old structure for S&G's. It was a good and easy way to grind up a bankroll.
Most S&G's aren't going to have much play near the end anyways, but the reason I liked the old structure is you could play 10 of them at a time if you want. It didn't require me to use all that much thinking which allows you to play a lot of tables without sacrificing your best game. I used a structured system to play them and found it to be profitable and it's a good way to build a bankroll for those starting out.I never really played them much, but from what I've seen I think it'd be easier to build a roll playing $20 S&G's than playing 2/4.