Bay 101 - Shooting Stars

Just wanted to see if any FCPers are playing in the SS 2k event or the SS 10k main event. I'm heading to San Jose (from NYC) next weekend to play in the 2k. It has a pretty cool format - limited to 200 players, 10k in starting chips, and a 1k bounty at every table. Also would appreciate any recommendations for restaurants, and other things (besides poker) to do in San Jose. Thanks.

Just wanted to see if any FCPers are playing in the SS 2k event or the SS 10k main event. I'm heading to San Jose (from NYC) next weekend to play in the 2k. It has a pretty cool format - limited to 200 players, 10k in starting chips, and a 1k bounty at every table. Also would appreciate any recommendations for restaurants, and other things (besides poker) to do in San Jose. Thanks.
I am in the 2k, undecided on the 10k. I might buy in directly, but I'll prob play a few satellites first.The 2k was actually raised to 220 entrants FYI. I actually bought seats 199 and 200 for a friend of mine last month, but they have since expanded the field a bit.As far as restaurants etc, let me know what you are looking for and I'll be more then happy to make some reccomendations.Patrick

If you have time, check out Santana Row at night (Parisian style setup of shops, restaurants) - Straits Cafe is a nice place to just chill - Asian Fusion cuisine - plus great scenery. Don't drool too much while you're there.A lot of good steakhouses in the area now (Birks is near Bay101, Forbes Mill Steakhouse in Los Gatos, Alexander's in Cupertino).

If you have time, check out Santana Row at night (Parisian style setup of shops, restaurants) - Straits Cafe is a nice place to just chill - Asian Fusion cuisine - plus great scenery. Don't drool too much while you're there.A lot of good steakhouses in the area now (Birks is near Bay101, Forbes Mill Steakhouse in Los Gatos, Alexander's in Cupertino).
Ya, I fully recommend Alexander's...Maggiano's inside Santana Row is _very_ good as well. If you are downtown, Original Joe's, Blake's, and a couple other restaurants in or around San Pedro Square are pretty good.Patrick

I use to live downtown and there are a ton of great resturants...Bubba Gump Shrimp, sbarro's pizza if you want a great slice, Red Lobster is just down the street...I'm kiddingAnyways, there are some great resturants downtown. Where are you staying exactly?

Excellent - thanks for the info guys. Definitely will hit one of the steakhouses and Santana Row.I'm looking forward to seeing which pros are playing in the 2k event.
I saw a list last time I was down there, and I know my friend would remember...Hellmuth, Antonio, Scotty N are the only 3 I recall, and I only am 100% about Phil because I owe him some payback. :-)Patrick
I just saw the little clip from Pixar with the birds in your icon, all I could think was that is GoBears avatar...... it was really funny.

Here are some of the day 1 and day 2 players scheduled to play.Day 1:Doyle BrunsonJohnny ChanAllen CunninghamFreddy DeebAntonio EsfandiariScott FischmanChau GiangGus HansenPhil HellmuthKathy LiebertMike MizrachiDaniel NegreanuMen NguyenScotty NguyenDavid PhamErik SeidelAmir VahediDavid WilliamsDay 2:Josh AriehJohn CernutoT. J. CloutierPaul DardenLayne FlackBarry GreensteinHasan HabibJennifer HarmanDan HarringtonPhil IveyChip JettJohn JuandaPhil LaakTuan LeToto LeondiasErick LindgrenCarlos MortensenHohn PhanHuck SeedAs far as eats, I agree with Alexander's Steakhouse, Forbes Mill Steakhouse. Five minutes from Bay 101, Spencer's at the Doubletree Hotel near San Jose airport has good prime steaks. If you can make into the City, there are many great restaurants.