worst run of cards ever.... but

Ok today i learned what variance is all about. Holy cow. Every pair of kings were up against aces. Every guy that called a pot sized bet to make his flush hit it.Kickers were paired, sets were called down and flushes drawn out by river boats.BUT...Some how i did not tilt, and still made money.I am totally exhasuted and feel like I got beaten with at bat, and must have lost my entire bankroll, but the account says I am ahead. Dont ask me how!Time to rest up and take another run at it tomorrow.

Ok today i learned what variance is all about. Holy cow. Every pair of kings were up against aces. Every guy that called a pot sized bet to make his flush hit it.Kickers were paired, sets were called down and flushes drawn out by river boats.BUT...Some how i did not tilt, and still made money.I am totally exhasuted and feel like I got beaten with at bat, and must have lost my entire bankroll, but the account says I am ahead. Dont ask me how!Time to rest up and take another run at it tomorrow.
its called selective memory :roll:

today I lost 2 full houses to quads and pocket Queens to pocket Aces. all within a ten minute spanguess were kinda in the same boat, I didn't even get mad or anything. I actually laughed it off and joked about it with the guy's who made the winning hands. said gg to all and left the table

UMM..I don't know a whole lto about poker(pretty good at war, though).BUT.You don't knwo what variacne is if you still made money. Variance is when you play perfect and lose money. See the difference?Glad I could help.Congrtras.
agreed, I've been on the arse end of -ev all week, im not saying i couldnt have lost less money but there's no way i could be ahead with the shit thats been happening to me.

Thanks for the encouragement. A few hours of sleep behind me and i am ready to go. May not get to play today because of the work schedule and travel, but I am ready to have at it again. I was just amazed that I was up for the session, and in fact had to log on again this morning to make sure I was right. But I was correct and actually made a few dollars ( just a few) over the 9 hour session.I am now trying to decide, is it better to play through these runs, or just pack it in and try again another day? How do you guys approach it?I played 3 hours longer than intended to in hopes of riding it out.

The variance continues....BUT WORSE THIS TIMEAt one table I had one outers hit on me three times! Within 2 hours..I also had a couple of really good laydowns. Somethign i have struggled with in the past.This time lost quite a bit of $$$. But still pretty happy with how i played and not going on tilt.Curious how long these runs go....Fortunately playing well withing my BR. Keep your fingers crossed for a turn around.