multitabling accidents, fold / raise

This has happened least 5 times this week, maybe more. When I 5 table on stars the screen pops up when its your turn and sometimes I will accidentally click fold on a really good hand (once for sure was AA and the other I think was QQ but folded it too fast). On other occassions I have accidentally raised with pure crap like 2To or something. A few times I have been able to bluff my way out, but most the time just have to lay it down. Guess this is just a side effect of too many tables. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done this.

I don't think I've gone so far as to fold AA unintentionally (Though I've noticed in tournaments it likes to deal me aces if I'm sitting out...this lead to me seeing and trying to click "I'm back" but being JUST a bit too late...arrrrgh!), though I have had mental lapses where I make an action and then go "Wait, why did I do that?"

ive check raised by accident and won!i do it once every 2months maybe,(misclick) luckily its happened to me only at very low limitssucks tho, when im in the zone i dont have any thing else running, and stay focused on the the table and only the table, then i never misclick

i was 2nd in chips with 5 players left in a 10 person SnG. In a hand heads up against the chip leader, he went all in on the river with 4 to a straight on the board. i had nothing, Q high, but called when PP switched to that board. he had a straight, of course.

Guest XXEddie

how ive found to deal with it, is, if you can. set up all your tables so no buttons are near each other. Like if you saw during the WSOP it showed Fischman four-tabling online and his four tables were all away from each other, just a suggestion though

yea, this happened to me yesterday, i was going to click one table, then another popped up and my cursor happend to be where the fold button was, i caught a glimpse of the pocket jacks just in time to see them dissapear... also one time i accidentally check raised (was ready to check/fold) but i raised.. the original better called (everyone else folded) so i bet again on the turn and he folded.. worked out well, but i don't want it to happen more than once.. now when i click on tables i make sure to click on the middle of them

I 5 tabled to see if it was any more awkard than 4 tabling, it's really not.Set the monitor to 1280X460 or higher and cascade the tables from the top left down to the bottom right like so:

Table 1      Table2            Table3                 Table4                        Table5

Click on the chat/stats box for each table, starting with the bootom right so that the top left table is fully visable and the are where the bet/raise/fold decion boxes and buttons appear is visable on all tables. You can overlap 80% of the table and still leave the bottom few inches where all the decisions have to be made visable.Then, when a decision box pops up, click on the chat window for that table to activate it, make the decision, and click them back from bottom to top so you can see them all.I missclick on occasiona, but it's more because I just hit the wrong button by mistake than the software making it any harder.

Generally playing 4 tables at a time, I accept that there are going to be 1 or 2 misclicks in a session. It happens. Happened twice tonight - once I raised with Q-9 off, flop paired the 9, I bet out and everyone folded. The other time, I had raised with A-K off, got callers and the flop came Q-Q-9. It was bet and raised before it got to me, but I folded on accident knowing none of that. Turned out not to be bad (a full house won the hand), and I *hope* that's what I would have done had I actually been making a decision.

yesterday i misclicked "bet pot" (after two raises :D ) instead of fold with some garbage like K-2 and ended winning a HUG pot on a flop of K-K-2i wouldn't have to worry about this is my monitor had higher resolution (so i could see all tables at once)...

Happens all the time, usually it just ends up with me calling some preflop bet in limit that I normally wouldn't. Worse case was probably when I was playing a $200 buy in sit and go at pp, downto 4 people (chip leader ~4500, me ~4000, 3rd and 4th ~750). Chipleader is to my right first to act, I am on the button. I am going to click a button on another game I was in when all of a sudden the screen pops ip and I call the chip leaders all in accidentally. He had AA, I had J-8 of clubs. I am already killing myself. Flop is 9-10 clubs, but I don't hit anything and go out in 4th. Nothing like flushing 600 (possibly 1000) sure dollars down the drain.

I've just started multi-tabling, so I've had some mis-clicks. I think I've made just about every mistake there is in this regards. I've just plain hit the wrong button. I've tried to hit a button on one window, but a different window jumped in the way at the last second. (I've since learned to arrange them properly). I've also at least once made a decision on one table based on the hand I was playing on another table... called a huge preflop raise on one table with rags because I thought it was my AKs window that popped up. I've also just made mental errors because I feel rushed. Called raises in early position that I would normally only call late because I dont take enough time to orient myself properly when decisions need to be made on several tables at the same time.

I've only misclicked once. I raised with KK in EP, got reraised from the blinds, and accidentily clicked fold instead of raise in response. The guy had AQo and ended up with trip queens. I saved myself a lot of chips as it turned out. :)One thing that always happens to me is I'll sit out, go to the bathroom and I return just in time to see two aces being folded for me before I can click 'I'm back'. It's like a slow motion scene from an action movie. I'm tripping over stuff, pushing loved ones out of the way screaming 'nooooooooooooooo' (in that slowed down deep voice') and the aces are folded just as I reach the mouse.

It's like a slow motion scene from an action movie. I'm tripping over stuff, pushing loved ones out of the way screaming 'nooooooooooooooo' (in that slowed down deep voice') and the aces are folded just as I reach the mouse.
ROFL ... very funny.Been there done that too

Me too. Worse is for some reason if I click "I'm back" during the deal, it doesn't always get through on time when I'm UTG. Sitting out so I can fold laundry, and I see the first A land..."better play this one..". Click "I'm back"...second A lands, Aces get folded and THEN I get returned to the game. Now I come back before every deal when I'm UTG if I'm sitting out because my hands are busy.Rog

I am 4 tabling omaha hi-lo, with usually one of them being a pot limit game. If you want to torture your brain, you should give it a try. This is the equivalent of 48 hold'em hands to keep track of....Fortunatly, I am using the best LCD monitor there is. It is an IBM T210, whith a native resolution of 2048x1560. I bought it 3 years ago, but they don't make it anymore. It was too expensive ($8000 when they came out) and they stopped making it a couple of years ago. You can find some on Ebay from time to time for a lot less money now. With it I can see all the table without any window overlapping each other. The problem with cascading windows, is that some of the betting pattern of your opponents are going to be missed. If your are 4 tabling with 36 opponents to keep track of, that extra piece of information can make the difference between a winning and a loosing session (especially in hi-lo, where you need to know who's going for the lo the high, trying to buy the pot or scoop it...)FYB