If anyone considers this a brag post fine... I guess it is to a certain extent, but I had to post this HH regardless because it was the first time I ever mucked KK preflop in my life. Regardless of the hands outcome, which was excruciating to look at... this was one of the best folds I ever made. Discuss.Full Tilt Poker Game #440120922: Table Camino Entrada - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:59:04 ET - 2006/02/14Seat 1: BuddyWest ($40.50)Seat 2: qap_man ($86.45)Seat 3: jennyt ($100)Seat 4: MattyMiller ($53.70)Seat 5: justplaynluck ($86.10)Seat 6: CrackofmyACE ($168.05)Seat 7: rOyALdiAmONds ($31.90)Seat 8: Gert_Steel ($90.45)Seat 9: Donkafish ($47.50)rOyALdiAmONds posts the small blind of $0.50Gert_Steel posts the big blind of $1The button is in seat #6*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to CrackofmyACE [Kc Kh]Donkafish foldsBuddyWest raises to $3.50qap_man foldsMattyMiller raises to $7justplaynluck has 15 seconds left to actjustplaynluck raises to $12.50CrackofmyACE has 15 seconds left to actCrackofmyACE foldsrOyALdiAmONds calls $12Gert_Steel foldsBuddyWest raises to $40.50, and is all inMattyMiller raises to $53.70, and is all injustplaynluck raises to $86.10, and is all inMattyMiller: oh myrOyALdiAmONds has 15 seconds left to actrOyALdiAmONds calls $19.40, and is all injustplaynluck shows [Ac Ad]rOyALdiAmONds shows [Qs Ks]BuddyWest shows [Js Jh]MattyMiller shows [As Ah]Uncalled bet of $32.40 returned to justplaynluck*** FLOP *** [2c 3d 6s]qap_man: hahaha*** TURN *** [2c 3d 6s] [Kd]*** RIVER *** [2c 3d 6s Kd] [9s]justplaynluck shows a pair of AcesMattyMiller shows a pair of AcesMattyMiller ties for side pot #2 ($13.20) with a pair of Acesjustplaynluck ties for side pot #2 ($13.20) with a pair of AcesBuddyWest shows a pair of JacksMattyMiller ties for side pot #1 ($12.90) with a pair of Acesjustplaynluck ties for side pot #1 ($12.90) with a pair of AcesrOyALdiAmONds shows a pair of Kingsqap_man: QKMattyMiller ties for the main pot ($62.80) with a pair of Acesjustplaynluck ties for the main pot ($62.80) with a pair of AcesBuddyWest is sitting outrOyALdiAmONds is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $180.80 Main pot $128.60. Side pot 1 $25.80. Side pot 2 $26.40. | Rake $3Board: [2c 3d 6s Kd 9s]Seat 1: BuddyWest showed [Js Jh] and lost with a pair of JacksSeat 2: qap_man didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: jennyt is sitting outSeat 4: MattyMiller showed [As Ah] and won ($88.90) with a pair of AcesSeat 5: justplaynluck showed [Ac Ad] and won ($88.90) with a pair of AcesSeat 6: CrackofmyACE (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 7: rOyALdiAmONds (small blind) showed [Qs Ks] and lost with a pair of KingsSeat 8: Gert_Steel (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 9: Donkafish didn't bet (folded)

nh. If we don't anticipate the action behind us, can we play this hand for set value? I think so.
I was thinking that but how much action can justify hitting the case K, assuming that at least 1 of the other FOUR opponents in the pot has one. Even if I have 2 clean outs I need 8 to 1 pot odds for that and I didn't have even close to it...

Actually I think I misunderstood you at first. You're talking implied odds correct? I think a cold call is justified if all of my opponents had deeper stacks, especially the RE-REraiser, because if I hit my K I'm more than doubling up. But like you said, in this situation with multiple shortstacks acting behind me to the rereraise, folding was the better option because theyre ultimately going all in or folding. If I was at say a 1/2 NL table with $250 and each of my opponents had me covered by a wide margin, I play this hand for set value without a doubt. Is that a fair analysis of what you were getting at?

What??? This is flat out atrocious unless you know, for 100 percent sure, that the rereraiser was an incredibly tight player. Wow...folding KK preflop is just dumb..this is a must push situation. If you are scared to push with KK preflop to lose to AA...you just flat out shouldn't be playing no limit.....EVEN on the off chance that you do run into AA, you are still only 4:1 underdog...horrible play, don't be results oriented. Push with KK preflop if you think you can get called.

What??? This is flat out atrocious unless you know, for 100 percent sure, that the rereraiser was an incredibly tight player. Wow...folding KK preflop is just dumb..this is a must push situation. If you are scared to push with KK preflop to lose to AA...you just flat out shouldn't be playing no limit.....EVEN on the off chance that you do run into AA, you are still only 4:1 underdog...horrible play, don't be results oriented. Push with KK preflop if you think you can get called.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Seriously man I'm gettin sick of you.I'm not even gonna argue with you right now because I'm too exhausted and going to bed. We'll resume this tommorrow.... "don't be results oriented"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAShutup ... seriously man I'm gettin sick of you.I'm not even gonna argue with you right now because I'm too exhausted and going to bed. We'll resume this tommorrow.... "don't be results oriented"
Folding KK preflop in a cash game is just dumb. Ask...ANYONE. I guarantee you that just about everyone that regularly posts in the strat forum agrees with me. You should be dying to get all in preflop with KK in just about every situation.....seriously. You are only calling it a "great fold" because you actually saw that someone had AA.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAShutup ... seriously man I'm gettin sick of you.I'm not even gonna argue with you right now because I'm too exhausted and going to bed. We'll resume this tommorrow.... "don't be results oriented"
Folding KK preflop in a cash game is just dumb. Ask...ANYONE. I guarantee you that just about everyone that regularly posts in the strat forum agrees with me. You should be dying to get all in preflop with KK in just about every situation.....seriously. You are only calling it a "great fold" because you actually saw that someone had AA.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you have no idea what kind of player I am, what I've accomplished, or how often I play. So lets just say I agree with your premise that folding KK preflop is INCORRECT nearly all of the time. After all, this was the first time in my poker CAREER that I folded KK preflop, and I've played literally hundreds of thousands of hands. In this particular situation I was at a tight table, and the player next to me was playing EXTREMELY tight. As a matter of fact, I would go as far as saying I was 100% sure he had AA. I would've put my house on it. Now the point of this post isn't to advocate folding KK preflop often or EVEN ONCE IN A WHILE!! This was just an isolated incident where I had a reliable read, and I succeeded in going with my instinct and made an extremely difficult laydown.Look man, I understand youre passionate about your opinion on things, whether it be sports, poker or whatever but you really gotta be careful how you debate people. You come off as immature and rude, and Im sure youve been told that before. I hope you don't debate people in real life like this....
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you have no idea what kind of player I am, what I've accomplished, or how often I play. So lets just say I agree with your premise that folding KK preflop is INCORRECT nearly all of the time. After all, this was the first time in my poker CAREER that I folded KK preflop, and I've played literally hundreds of thousands of hands. In this particular situation I was at a tight table, and the player next to me was playing EXTREMELY tight. As a matter of fact, I would go as far as saying I was 100% sure he had AA. I would've put my house on it. Now the point of this post isn't to advocate folding KK preflop often or EVEN ONCE IN A WHILE!! This was just an isolated incident where I had a reliable read, and I succeeded in going with my instinct and made an extremely difficult laydown.Look man, I understand youre passionate about your opinion on things, whether it be sports, poker or whatever but you really gotta be careful how you debate people. You come off as immature and rude, and Im sure youve been told that before. I hope you don't debate people in real life like this....
Well this shows how poor your reading comprehension skills are. Go reread my first post..note that bolded part. I said that it was a horrible laydown UNLESS YOU ARE 100 PERCENT SURE THAT THE RERERAISER WAS AN INCREDIBLY TIGHT PLAYER!!! You made NO note of that in your original post...and just now said it for the very first time. All you had to do was respond to my first post with "yes, I had a 100 percent read on him that he was incredibly tight," and then that would have been done with, but instead, you chose to laugh at me. All I said was that you have to know your opponent is incredibly tight to make that fold, and then you laughed at me and then said that you were sure your opponent was incredibly tight. Perhaps you should try reading my posts before laughing at me/criticizing me????
Well this shows how poor your reading comprehension skills are. Go reread my first post..note that bolded part. I said that it was a horrible laydown UNLESS YOU ARE 100 PERCENT SURE THAT THE RERERAISER WAS AN INCREDIBLY TIGHT PLAYER!!! You made NO note of that in your original post...and just now said it for the very first time. All you had to do was respond to my first post with "yes, I had a 100 percent read on him that he was incredibly tight," and then that would have been done with, but instead, you chose to laugh at me. All I said was that you have to know your opponent is incredibly tight to make that fold, and then you laughed at me and then said that you were sure your opponent was incredibly tight. Perhaps you should try reading my posts before laughing at me/criticizing me????
Alright alright bud I'll admit I left that out and yes that is important. I must've gotten caught up in your BELLIGERENT response and got aggravated. As with anyone who responds authoritatively and "matter of fact-ly" youre going to piss people off when you respond like that. Can't you see how its not so much what youre saying but the way you respond to people that sets everyone off? I figured after five thousand some odd posts you would've figured that out by now.
Alright alright bud I'll admit I left that out and yes that is important. I must've gotten caught up in your BELLIGERENT response and got aggravated. As with anyone who responds authoritatively and "matter of fact-ly" youre going to censored people off when you respond like that. Can't you see how its not so much what youre saying but the way you respond to people that sets everyone off? I figured after five thousand some odd posts you would've figured that out by now.
Ah, I see, so you admit it was you who left out your read on the villian...and that I indeed said that folding KK preflop was okay if you had such a strong read..so basically you're saying I was right about that. Thanks. You were the one who attacked me first by laughing at me, all I did was say that folding KK preflop was dumb unless you had such an incredible read, and I still stand by that. You DID NOT say you had that read, so I called your fold atrocious. Now that you have FINALLY said that you had that read, your fold was not atrocious. I did nothing wrong and didn't attack you at all, you were the one trying to criticize me without even reading/comprehending my post. And yes, I did respond matter-of-factly about folding KK preflop, because I KNOW FOR A FACT that it is a dumb thing to do UNLESS YOU HAVE A SUPER READ ON YOUR OPPONENT AS A VERY TIGHT OPPONENT. That is all that I said, and that is a fact. I said nothing wrong or "belligerent," just criticizing your play b/c you didn't include your read. You're the one who just either ignored or didn't comprehend most of my post, so perhaps you should try actually reading my posts next time before just assuming that I am trying to flame/attack you or something?? P.S. I know you are just mad that I named 30 players better than Ortiz and that I was right about that one...)

i gotta give it to you KK , youre one of a kindIf you can't see how your first post was rude, regardless of me not including my read then I don't know what to say..LOL, at least you have the courage of your convictions... I however, refuse to beat a dead horse with you like so many other people will for hours...

Alright alright bud I'll admit I left that out and yes that is important. I must've gotten caught up in your BELLIGERENT response and got aggravated. As with anyone who responds authoritatively and "matter of fact-ly" youre going to censored people off when you respond like that. Can't you see how its not so much what youre saying but the way you respond to people that sets everyone off? I figured after five thousand some odd posts you would've figured that out by now.
Ah, I see, so you admit it was you who left out your read on the villian...and that I indeed said that folding KK preflop was okay if you had such a strong read..so basically you're saying I was right about that. Thanks. You were the one who attacked me first by laughing at me, all I did was say that folding KK preflop was dumb unless you had such an incredible read, and I still stand by that. You DID NOT say you had that read, so I called your fold atrocious. Now that you have FINALLY said that you had that read, your fold was not atrocious. I did nothing wrong and didn't attack you at all, you were the one trying to criticize me without even reading/comprehending my post. And yes, I did respond matter-of-factly about folding KK preflop, because I KNOW FOR A FACT that it is a dumb thing to do UNLESS YOU HAVE A SUPER READ ON YOUR OPPONENT AS A VERY TIGHT OPPONENT. That is all that I said, and that is a fact. I said nothing wrong or "belligerent," just criticizing your play b/c you didn't include your read. You're the one who just either ignored or didn't comprehend most of my post, so perhaps you should try actually reading my posts next time before just assuming that I am trying to flame/attack you or something?? P.S. I know you are just mad that I named 30 players better than Ortiz and that I was right about that one...)
you know i love you Koop, but i'd guess around 90% of your posts are beligerent (i know what it means even though i can't spell it).all i can say is that i think in hundreds of thousands of hands, you have probably had better opportunities to fold KK than here. don't know enough about NL to know whether this fold is good or not.
i gotta give it to you KK , youre one of a kindIf you can't see how your first post was rude, regardless of me not including my read then I don't know what to say..LOL, at least you have the courage of your convictions... I however, refuse to beat a dead horse with you like so many other people will for hours...
This was my first post. You included no read, so I said that WITHOUT a read...then it is a dumb play, and that is the truth. There are no personal insults here, nothing rude at all. Folding KK WITHOUT such a read is a dumb play and if you do it, you shouldn't be playing NL. Those are all facts. IF you had included a read in your original post..then this wouldn't have applied to you at all, and I wouldn't have even said it. Also, IF you had simply responded to this post with "well, I had a very strong read...etc." then again, it would not have applied to you, and I would have said 'nice fold." Instead...you respond with:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Shutup ... seriously man I'm gettin sick of you.
So..don't try to turn this into how I'm somehow being "mean" to you or "attacking you" or whatever. All I did was criticize your play BECAUSE YOU FOLDED KK PREFLOP WITH NO MENTION OF READS. You were the one who didn't read my post and resorted to laughing at me and told me to shut up and said you were "sick of me."
LOL, since you didn't know if he was 100 percent sure, why go into the analysis of folding KK is dumb?
LOL, since you didn't know if he was 100 percent sure, why go into the analysis of folding KK is dumb?
Because the ONLY reason to fold KK preflop is if you had a very strong read on the villian. He mentioned no read, so I'm not just going to assume that he did have a read. I'm still not sure that he had such a read, because he only brought it up AFTER I mentioned it a few times...so he might have just been making it up that he had that read. Regardless, he mentioned no read, so I told him that folding KK preflop was dumb UNLESS HE HAD SUCH A READ (perhaps you should read the part I bolded again...read it multiple times..try to soak it in...). All he had to say was, oh yeah, I forgot, I did have that read, I forgot to mention it, but instead, he didn't do that, he told me to shut up..and AGAIN he didn't say anything about a read.Bottom line, folding KK preflop is incredibly dumb UNLESS you have a very strong read on your opponent that he is extremely tight. If someone posts about folding KK preflop and doesn't mention a read, I will call it a dumb play again, just like many many others on this forum would. If he had mentioned a read, I wouldn't say it.

Thank you Captain Obvious. Tell me KK... who in their right mind folds Kings preflop without a read? I really thought it went without saying that I had a read on the 2nd reraiser. It was so obvious that this was the case that I didn't even bother mentioning it. OOPS! In your OP you ranted and raved about how folding KK preflop is SOOOO dumb without a read. WOW! I didn't realize that! Maybe I'll just make a habit of folding KK preflop so I can post a HH in this forum every time I'm right about my opponenet having aces! Gimme a break man... in 90% of your posts you are belligerently stating the obvious and yes you do come off like youre attacking every person you debate. Man, everytime I read your posts I picture some amped up dude at his desk in work furiously pounding away on his keyboard with steam coming out of his ears... Its actually rather hilarious...You sure you dont have a $500 per day cocaine habit or something?

Thank you Captain Obvious. Tell me KK... who in their right mind folds Kings preflop without a read? I really thought it went without saying that I had a read on the 2nd reraiser. It was so obvious that this was the case that I didn't even bother mentioning it. OOPS! In your OP you ranted and raved about how folding KK preflop is SOOOO dumb without a read. WOW! I didn't realize that! Maybe I'll just make a habit of folding KK preflop so I can post a HH in this forum every time I'm right about my opponenet having aces! Gimme a break man... in 90% of your posts you are belligerently stating the obvious and yes you do come off like youre attacking every person you debate. Man, everytime I read your posts I picture some amped up dude at his desk in work furiously pounding away on his keyboard with steam coming out of his ears... Its actually rather hilarious...You sure you dont have a $500 per day cocaine habit or something?
So basically, you're saying that we should just always assume that in every hand posted from now on, that the OP has the appropriate read on his opponents...lol, please. Give me a break. You know I am right about this, you were the one telling me to shut up and attacking me first, all I did was criticize the hand because the hand was played poorly since you didn't say you had any reads. You're just trying to twist sh*t around because you don't like me. Whatever, have fun with that. Anyways, I will say the exact same thing anytime some one brags about folding KK and doesn't say ANYTHING about a read and posts results, which is also something that you shouldn't really do when examining a hand.
So basically, you're saying that we should just always assume that in every hand posted from now on, that the OP has the appropriate read on his opponents...lol, please. Give me a break. You know I am right about this, you were the one telling me to shut up and attacking me first, all I did was criticize the hand because the hand was played poorly since you didn't say you had any reads. You're just trying to twist sh*t around because you don't like me. Whatever, have fun with that. Anyways, I will say the exact same thing anytime some one brags about folding KK and doesn't say ANYTHING about a read and posts results, which is also something that you shouldn't really do when examining a hand.
You're right KK, we should assume he has no read and just thinks he is cool because he folds kings. I can't wait for the next cool guy who folds aces. :roll:
You're right KK, we should assume he has no read and just thinks he is cool because he folds kings. I can't wait for the next cool guy who folds aces. :roll:
You shouldn't ASSUME anything. If you post a hand and have a reason for folding KK preflop, YOU SHOULD SAY WHAT THAT REASON IS!!! All he did was say, I folded KK preflop and then he showed the results to show the other person had AA. That is all he posted, so I'm not just gonna ASSUME that he is some awesome player who had a perfect read on his opponent.Here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna post a hand where I have AA and the flop comes A-K-K in a heads up pot. After the flop, the villian is going to bet 10 dollars into a 15 dollar pot, and I'm going to fold and then brag about how good I was as I show that the results show that the villian got paid off with KK. After people criticize my fold as dumb, I'm going to tell them that they should ASSUME that the villian was the tightest player on the face of the Earth and was a very old man who exposed his cards to me, and I saw that they were KK.
Nice fold. Was there something about justpl;aynluck that lead you to fold?
What's that??? What's that?? You should just assume that the OP is the perfect player and that he had the perfect read on all of his opponents. That's why he showed the results, even though to get a fair and balanced criticism of the hand, you shouldn't post results!! LOL