Ifelt i played this well, but Im not sure. would you have done the same thing?PokerStars Game #3959263512: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2006/02/13 - 11:24:30 (ET)Table 'Corvina II' Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: funkynaye ($28.10 in chips) Seat 2: chrozzo ($65.55 in chips) Seat 3: Uncle Petie ($9.40 in chips) Seat 4: meathead ($24.75 in chips) Seat 5: Crucifixuc ($26.35 in chips) Seat 6: rocnogb ($34.80 in chips) Seat 7: jimmytrick ($38.35 in chips) Seat 9: silver0201 ($24.25 in chips) meathead: posts small blind $0.10Crucifixuc: posts big blind $0.25*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to chrozzo [Qc Kc]rocnogb: folds jimmytrick: folds silver0201: folds funkynaye: folds chrozzo: raises $0.50 to $0.75Uncle Petie: calls $0.75meathead: folds Crucifixuc: calls $0.50*** FLOP *** [3c 4s 9c]Crucifixuc: checks chrozzo: bets $0.50Uncle Petie: calls $0.50Crucifixuc: raises $1.50 to $2chrozzo: calls $1.50Uncle Petie: calls $1.50*** TURN *** [3c 4s 9c] [Kd]Crucifixuc: bets $5chrozzo: calls $5Uncle Petie: folds *** RIVER *** [3c 4s 9c Kd] [4h]Crucifixuc: bets $18.60 and is all-inrocnogb said, "go go"Uncle Petie said, "do it"trehjuling has returnedmeathead said, "just fold dude ...u aint callin"rocnogb said, "9 k?"trehjuling said, "what doyou have?"meathead said, "aint got shiet"trehjuling said, "chrozzo"meathead said, "wastin time...."trehjuling said, "what do you have?"chrozzo: calls $18.60*** SHOW DOWN ***Crucifixuc: shows [Ts Ah] (a pair of Fours)chrozzo: shows [Qc Kc] (two pair, Kings and Fours)Crucifixuc leaves the tablechrozzo collected $52.85 from potchrozzo said, "i knew it"trehjuling said, "hahaha"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $55.55 | Rake $2.70 Board [3c 4s 9c Kd 4h]Seat 2: chrozzo showed [Qc Kc] and won ($52.85) with two pair, Kings and FoursSeat 5: Crucifixuc (big blind) showed [Ts Ah] and lost with a pair of Fours

I hate our min. bet on the flop. A true donk play. Our opponent sniffed out our weakness and really played it perfectly. If he were to hold 33, 34, or 99, would he have played it any different? He c/r the flop, bet the turn strong, and went all-in on the river. I think we made a pretty poor call, but it looks genius since you posted the results. Congrats on winning the hand. If you want non results-based analysis please post results later.

Jimmy, thanks for you input. I know I have MANY holes in my game, but thats why I post here, to fill them piece by piece. Hurricane, thanks for absolutely nothing, why dont you just post in the General Forum where tota F uckups get praised or their meaningless comments.

If you are mini-betting with King high, there isn't much I can do. You'll have to learn like the rest of us. Lose a little bit and then learn from your mistakes.I'm not trying to be an ass, but your play was donkish to say the least. Bet the flop stronger, you were the preflop raiser. When he raised your weak bet, you have two choices:fold(which is the right thing to do 80-90% of the time) or you can play back if your table image is good enough.Its your job to show strength no matter what flops here. When you make the minimum bet,to a smart player it certainly looks like the kind of hand that you had.[/i]

I think this is an interesting hand for those limits. I'm guessing you put out 0.50 as a probe bet. This may work in tournament, but I don't find it particularly effective in cash games with such a bad board. By raising before the flop, you're saying you have two big cards or a pair. When you bet 0.50 cents, your saying either (1) I've totally missed, (2) I hit something weak like bottom pair or low pair, (3) I have a draw and want to build value, or (4) I have a monster. Certainly, you can be the type to raise with 89 and have hit top pair, but your kicker is weak.Given that (1), (2) and (3) are true much often then (4), the AT fellow decides to put you to a test. He reraises you, to get some info. I'm assuming your call didn't show any confidence, cause he fires out on the turn as well.On the turn is where the story gets defined. You've hit the top pair. Not the best card (Ace of clubs would be that), but he bets out. Either he's got trips and he's milking you, or he's got something less than what you have. Now if he's milking you with trips, then his bet he's being somewhat donkish since he is giving you 3 to 1 and you probably have implied odds to call. So, I don't have a sense of where you are. Did you feel like you were ahead or behind? The call seems indecisive to me.The river pairs the board. At this point he goes all in. He's saying I've got trip 4s, or a full house of some sort. He's saying you can't call this. Yet you do. Why? Did you pick up on something? The only way in which you played this hand right as you had some read on this guy as being able to bluff like this. Sometimes you have that read. But without that read, you are insane. He was brave for firing three shots. He should have bet more on the turn.My general recommendations on the hand is either check the flop (EDIT: with the intent to check raise) or bet larger to try to represent a pocket pair (or A9 at worst). When he reraised, you should just fold. If you decide to call his reraise (can't come up with a good reason to except you want to take the hand away from him on the turn), then you need to reraise him on the turn. The worse thing that can happen on the river is the 4c hitting. You may have hit your flush but he hits his full house.In either case, I think the advice is for more aggressive play.

Ifelt i played this well, but Im not sure. would you have done the same thing?PokerStars Game #3959263512: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2006/02/13 - 11:24:30 (ET)Table 'Corvina II' Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: funkynaye ($28.10 in chips) Seat 2: chrozzo ($65.55 in chips) Seat 3: Uncle Petie ($9.40 in chips) Seat 4: meathead ($24.75 in chips) Seat 5: Crucifixuc ($26.35 in chips) Seat 6: rocnogb ($34.80 in chips) Seat 7: jimmytrick ($38.35 in chips) Seat 9: silver0201 ($24.25 in chips) meathead: posts small blind $0.10Crucifixuc: posts big blind $0.25*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to chrozzo [Qc Kc]rocnogb: folds jimmytrick: folds silver0201: folds funkynaye: folds chrozzo: raises $0.50 to $0.75Uncle Petie: calls $0.75meathead: folds Crucifixuc: calls $0.50*** FLOP *** [3c 4s 9c]Crucifixuc: checks chrozzo: bets $0.50Uncle Petie: calls $0.50Crucifixuc: raises $1.50 to $2chrozzo: calls $1.50Uncle Petie: calls $1.50*** TURN *** [3c 4s 9c] [Kd]Crucifixuc: bets $5chrozzo: calls $5Uncle Petie: folds *** RIVER *** [3c 4s 9c Kd] [4h]Crucifixuc: bets $18.60 and is all-inrocnogb said, "go go"Uncle Petie said, "do it"trehjuling has returnedmeathead said, "just fold dude ...u aint callin"rocnogb said, "9 k?"trehjuling said, "what doyou have?"meathead said, "aint got shiet"trehjuling said, "chrozzo"meathead said, "wastin time...."trehjuling said, "what do you have?"chrozzo: calls $18.60*** SHOW DOWN ***Crucifixuc: shows [Ts Ah] (a pair of Fours)chrozzo: shows [Qc Kc] (two pair, Kings and Fours)Crucifixuc leaves the tablechrozzo collected $52.85 from potchrozzo said, "i knew it"trehjuling said, "hahaha"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $55.55 | Rake $2.70 Board [3c 4s 9c Kd 4h]Seat 2: chrozzo showed [Qc Kc] and won ($52.85) with two pair, Kings and FoursSeat 5: Crucifixuc (big blind) showed [Ts Ah] and lost with a pair of Fours
A. Don't post results. Never.B. Bet more on the flop. C. On the turn, I think you have to decide RIGHT THERE is you have the best hand or not, or if you need the club. If you read that you have the best hand, you should raise him here and commit yourself to calling his all in if he re-raises. IF you think that you are drawing, then a call is probably right and you only continue with the hand if you improve your hand. However, you just call on the turn, which makes me think that you didn't really think you had the best hand..and then when you blank on the river, you call his all-in anyways. That doesn't make sense to me...unless you just had a real strong read on him ONLY because of his all-in, you played this poorly. If you really had such a strong read on him and felt you had the best hand, you should have been aggressive on the turn.
If you are mini-betting with King high, there isn't much I can do. You'll have to learn like the rest of us. Lose a little bit and then learn from your mistakes.I'm not trying to be an ass, but your play was donkish to say the least. Bet the flop stronger, you were the preflop raiser. When he raised your weak bet, you have two choices:fold(which is the right thing to do 80-90% of the time) or you can play back if your table image is good enough.Its your job to show strength no matter what flops here. When you make the minimum bet,to a smart player it certainly looks like the kind of hand that you had.[/i]
For being a dick...you sure to give bad advice.We flopped a flush draw with two overs. We are the favorite in this hand against JJ, a dog to QQ, KK, AA and a set.In most cases this hand should:A) be done with on the flopB) get all the money in on the flopYou either push on this flop after he raises you and take your equity edge and he mucks his "bluff" or his Top pair...Or, you get all the money in and he makes a mistake by calling you and you deal with the results.Granted, occasionally you will be up against a set here, but this is a good flop to push on. You have fold equity against a lot of his hands, and you are also a favorite against a lot of his potential holdings.In this case villian had jack squat but decided to continue to bluff at it...meh...most times if you play the hand "correctly" you just win it on the flop and move on.- Jordan
For being a dick...you sure to give bad advice. We flopped a flush draw with two overs. We are the favorite in this hand against JJ, a dog to QQ, KK, AA and a set. In most cases this hand should: A) be done with on the flop B) get all the money in on the flop You either push on this flop after he raises you and take your equity edge and he mucks his "bluff" or his Top pair... Or, you get all the money in and he makes a mistake by calling you and you deal with the results. Granted, occasionally you will be up against a set here, but this is a good flop to push on. You have fold equity against a lot of his hands, and you are also a favorite against a lot of his potential holdings. In this case villian had jack squat but decided to continue to bluff at it...meh...most times if you play the hand "correctly" you just win it on the flop and move on.
My bad, the original post was so cluttered without the converter I thought he had just KQ with no draw. I apologize to the OP because that makes the hand completely different!Call his raise on the flop without batting an eye. My apologies for being an ass :club:
For being a dick...you sure to give bad advice. We flopped a flush draw with two overs. We are the favorite in this hand against JJ, a dog to QQ, KK, AA and a set. In most cases this hand should: A) be done with on the flop B) get all the money in on the flop You either push on this flop after he raises you and take your equity edge and he mucks his "bluff" or his Top pair... Or, you get all the money in and he makes a mistake by calling you and you deal with the results. Granted, occasionally you will be up against a set here, but this is a good flop to push on. You have fold equity against a lot of his hands, and you are also a favorite against a lot of his potential holdings. In this case villian had jack squat but decided to continue to bluff at it...meh...most times if you play the hand "correctly" you just win it on the flop and move on.
My bad, the original post was so cluttered without the converter I thought he had just KQ with no draw. I apologize to the OP because that makes the hand completely different!Call his raise on the flop without batting an eye. My apologies for being an ass :club:
that's ok. but he really should be re-raising this flop more often then not.by the way...i know you from bodog.- Jordan
that's ok. but he really should be re-raising this flop more often then not. by the way...i know you from bodog. - Jordan
Thats cool that you remember me, hopefully my play was good that day. How often have we played?
that's ok. but he really should be re-raising this flop more often then not. by the way...i know you from bodog. - Jordan
Thats cool that you remember me, hopefully my play was good that day. How often have we played?
my name is 'easycall' on the site...ive played with you enough to have notes on you and recognize your name.- Jordan

If you don't mind and if you can remember, could you share a small sample. I'm just curious to see how another player views my play. If not, then I understand that as well.easycall, hmm doesn't ring a bell off the top of my head. Look forward to seeing you sometime this week on bodog.

Good Call! Donk bluffed all his money off...
Jimmy, thanks for you input. I know I have MANY holes in my game, but thats why I post here, to fill them piece by piece. Hurricane, thanks for absolutely nothing, why dont you just post in the General Forum where tota F uckups get praised or their meaningless comments.
I raise on the turn prob had ended it right on the spot i would like to know what he was thinking.. online i see it all the time