did helmuth shave his head after 2002 wsop

I was watching the 2002 wsop for the first time on espn classic.Listening to Helmuth flap his c washer with Gabe Kaplan.He was commenting on who didn't have a chance of winning.He mentioned under his breath that if Varkonyi won it he would go shave his head. Kaplan prodded a little then Helmuth confirmed he would do itright after the tourny with the cameras rolling.I missed the end.Did Helmuth stick to his word or did he reneg?Thanks in advance.

Yes he did, I couldn't believe it. I caught that on this weekend also. I didn't know he shaved his head. He seems too conceded for that! I really enjoyed the 2002 WSOP. Never saw it before on TV. I couldn't believe when it got down to 3, Robert Varkonyi had pocket Aces, Julian Gardner had pocket 10's, and Ralph Perry had pocket Jacks. That had to be one of the most exciting hands I have ever seen. I can't believe Julian laid down the 10's, very good lay down.

Not only did he shave his head, he put the hair up for auction and charity.Guess who bought it and for how much?Answer in an hour.

Far from showing any humility, Hellmuth's shaving his head was just a way for him to grab a share of the spotlight after he got knocked out of the event. After Varkonyi won Hellmuth insisted that he shave his head in front of the cameras. Varkonyi didn't want to take part, but Hellmuth kept badgering him.Once again Hellmuth tries to grab the spotlight in what should have been someone else's moment.

Not only did he shave his head, he put the hair up for auction and charity.Guess who bought it and for how much?Answer in an hour.
Hellmuth for 10k.
Far from showing any humility, Hellmuth's shaving his head was just a way for him to grab a share of the spotlight after he got knocked out of the event. After Varkonyi won Hellmuth insisted that he shave his head in front of the cameras. Varkonyi didn't want to take part, but Hellmuth kept badgering him.Once again Hellmuth tries to grab the spotlight in what should have been someone else's moment.
And doing commentary on the event isn't?