final table bodog 100k. 2 fcpers on it 1st-25k

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job guys!Let me take this chance to ask something though...The Bodog tournies play a lot different than I'm used to, because the players are just soooo horendous. What adjustments do you guys make, if any. How do you play early especially, because I find that no matter what I raise in the first few levels, I still get a crapload of callers. And just all around donktastic play, it's so bad I feel that there needs to be some sort of adjustment. What do you guys do?

Nice job guys!Let me take this chance to ask something though...The Bodog tournies play a lot different than I'm used to, because the players are just soooo horendous. What adjustments do you guys make, if any. How do you play early especially, because I find that no matter what I raise in the first few levels, I still get a crapload of callers. And just all around donktastic play, it's so bad I feel that there needs to be some sort of adjustment. What do you guys do?
all of Bodog is bad.The tourny players are predictable thoughSay the flop is K54 and they bet out, then u raise them because if they had caught any kind of a hand, they would slowplay it. I had a guy who would check raise all the time, NEVER mixing up his play.He moved all-in on me and I called with QJ, because any hand he wouldve checked. He flips up 10 3offThey are predictable...dont let them draw cheap, push your hands and you will win
all of Bodog is bad.The tourny players are predictable thoughSay the flop is K54 and they bet out, then u raise them because if they had caught any kind of a hand, they would slowplay it. I had a guy who would check raise all the time, NEVER mixing up his play.He moved all-in on me and I called with QJ, because any hand he wouldve checked. He flips up 10 3offThey are predictable...dont let them draw cheap, push your hands and you will win
Seems like bluffing is out of the question though.And how do you deal with raising preflop? I mean, everyone on the freaking site is content to just limp in all the time, no matter what they have, Aces, Kings, anything... cash games too.
First, I'd like to thank everybody who came out to watch and support, you guys really helped alot and kept me sharp (most of the time). I felt like I played well for over 6 hours, just made 4-5 terrible plays that kept me from winning, but i'm not disappointed. Sweetdaddyfreak played really well from what I saw, although he got 30k in chips from me that shouldn't have happened. He raised to 4k with AA and i reraised to 12k with q9 off trying to resteal and he pushed all in. I was switching screens from full tilt 200k back to bodog, and called an additional 18k i never would have. Anyway, my play is impoving a lot and I feel like I can cash in any type of tournament I play in. This tourney was slow and methodical in the beginnign and it showed me I could beat slow, deep blind tournies. Well it was deepstacked for a while, not at the end. Kurt to answer your question, the only thing to do is adjust to your table. Mine were not surrendering blinds ever, so I just stopped raising. Take the easy chips they give you, and protect teh rest of the time. Later I changed gears and went hyper aggro and doubled my stack flop free. AGain, thanks everybody appreciate the support, i'll see you guys at other final tables.