grand tournament day 2-still in!

Survived Day one and day 2 starts in about 10hours.Any advice anyone? (Preferably from someone who has big tournament success) Have below average stack. Can't really afford to sit back and wait for a big hand or I'll get blinded off. I have 2 big stacks to my left who always defends their blind. Yesterday I hoped to limp more and trap with big hands. It worked, one guy doubled me up twice. Now with esculating blinds that strategy won't work.What's the play? Aggressive is good, but foolish aggressiveness is bad play.

Survived Day one and day 2 starts in about 10hours.Any advice anyone?  (Preferably from someone who has big tournament success)  Have below average stack.  Can't really afford to sit back and wait for a big hand or I'll get blinded off.  I have 2 big stacks to my left who always defends their blind.  Yesterday I hoped to limp more and trap with big hands.  It worked, one guy doubled me up twice.  Now with esculating blinds that strategy won't work.What's the play?  Aggressive is good, but foolish aggressiveness is bad play.
What's your end game, to make the money or move up in money or are you going for first? Depending on your thinking determines how you should play it.
Survived Day one and day 2 starts in about 10hours.Any advice anyone?  (Preferably from someone who has big tournament success)  Have below average stack.  Can't really afford to sit back and wait for a big hand or I'll get blinded off.  I have 2 big stacks to my left who always defends their blind.  Yesterday I hoped to limp more and trap with big hands.  It worked, one guy doubled me up twice.  Now with esculating blinds that strategy won't work.What's the play?  Aggressive is good, but foolish aggressiveness is bad play.
What's your end game, to make the money or move up in money or are you going for first? Depending on your thinking determines how you should play it.
That's a great question SLEEPYCHIEF. Playing to win is a great attitude and that's how winning players play.If it was 30+3 or a 50k guaranteed tourney, I'd play to reach the final table and play to win. No moving up the ladder, simple as that.But this tourney is a $1000 buy in and a cash would be decent if you make it far not neccassarily needing to win. Obviously, selective aggression is key but I won't bluff all my chips away just on a re-steal where a smaller tourney I would if I feel my opponent can't call.That said, my priority first and foremost is play good poker and if I think I'm ahead I'll stick all my chips in even if it is the bubble. I'll just take it hand by hand and see where it leads me. There are so many great players still in the tournament it's unrealistic to think about winning right now. Number of players still remaining are over 130.
Good luck to you, I hope you win the key pots and catch good hands in the right spots.
Thanks man, as you can see in the other thread. I'm the type of player that need hands to accumulate chips.So envy the players that build monster stacks with no cards. I'm working on it. That style needs so much skill and great reading abilities.
Survived Day one and day 2 starts in about 10hours.Any advice anyone? (Preferably from someone who has big tournament success) Have below average stack. Can't really afford to sit back and wait for a big hand or I'll get blinded off. I have 2 big stacks to my left who always defends their blind. Yesterday I hoped to limp more and trap with big hands. It worked, one guy doubled me up twice. Now with esculating blinds that strategy won't work.What's the play? Aggressive is good, but foolish aggressiveness is bad play.
Keep playing the way you are playing, but focus on the blind defenders. When you have a solid hand raise less than your standard hoping either for a reraise or a defense, then push whatever they do on the flop, unless the board is ridiculously bad for you (eg two overs to your JJs or TTs)