what was the right call?

first of all, exposing your cards while heads up is very bad poker etiquette as is asking to see someones cards after being mucked.during tournament play player 2 would recieve a penalty, and player 1 is allowed to call or fold. verbal is binding, and since player 1 did not say call or raise he is not obliged to call. during a cash game an exposed hand will be played as an exposed hand in a heads up pot or a multiway pot. the dealer would announce the exposed cards and after that the player can turn his cards face down or leave them face up. if done multiple times floor would be called and most likely asked to leave the game.k double o -- i deal for a living

Let me get this straight...if I am heads up with Person X and they go all in. I can not flip my cards up as I decide if I want to call. To spark a reaction out of them.I see no harm in this. I also believe it is outside of the intent of the rule.I do not dispute the letter of the law.Is there anyone out there that runs tournaments that can help?Is DN out there?

Let me get this straight...if I am heads up with Person X and they go all in.  I can not flip my cards up as I decide if I want to call.  To spark a reaction out of them.I see no harm in this.  I also believe it is outside of the intent of the rule.I do not dispute the letter of the law.Is there anyone out there that runs tournaments that can help?Is DN out there?
I think you're not following. I raised after the river. The guy I was head to head with went all in. I asked for a chip count and he took that as I called and flipped his cards before I could call. I tried to get them to call his cards dead or at least allow me to fold since I hadn't called yet, just asked for a count...
I am a little confused about how you know #1 had a worse hand unless he put his hand up.While I understand the rule about exposed cards...this rule is intended to protect those still in the hand.  If it is down to two poeple I am under the impression this rule no longer applies.  It is meant to keep people from sharing information.I know that I have at times exposed my cards in heads up as I am making a decision to call an all in.  You should see the shock on your opponents face when you do it.  You can get a tell from them as to what you should do.  Nobody is hurt in that the action is over once you make a decision.One thing is certain, Player #1 does not have to put any more money in the pot becasue Player #2 is an idiot.I am interested in your opinion on the rule in heads up as I explained above.
You're right, you are confused. I was player 1. Player 2 flipped his cards before I could bet on his all in call.
Let me get this straight...if I am heads up with Person X and they go all in.  I can not flip my cards up as I decide if I want to call.  To spark a reaction out of them.I see no harm in this.  I also believe it is outside of the intent of the rule.I do not dispute the letter of the law.Is there anyone out there that runs tournaments that can help?Is DN out there?
You can show your cards when deciding whether to call an all in if there's no other opponent in the hand. But what happened here was that the player who went all in showed his cards before his opponent decided whether he was calling or folding.
You can show your cards when deciding whether to call an all in if there's no other opponent in the hand. But what happened here was that the player who went all in showed his cards before his opponent decided whether he was calling or folding.
The real question is who's going to catch for Wake this year???
What's his name, from NY. Yankees back-up from last year. 'Belli will be missed.Flaherty. John Flaherty. Sox also had prospect Kelly Schoppach, but I'm pretty certain they moved him.
first of all, exposing your cards while heads up is very bad poker etiquette as is asking to see someones cards after being mucked.during tournament play player 2 would recieve a penalty, and player 1 is allowed to call or fold. verbal is binding, and since player 1 did not say call or raise he is not obliged to call. during a cash game an exposed hand will be played as an exposed hand in a heads up pot or a multiway pot. the dealer would announce the exposed cards and after that the player can turn his cards face down or leave them face up. if done multiple times floor would be called and most likely asked to leave the game.k double o -- i deal for a living
This happened to me in a tourney at foxwoods. What k double o said is exactly how it was handled.
What's his name, from NY. Yankees back-up from last year. 'Belli will be missed.Flaherty. John Flaherty. Sox also had prospect Kelly Schoppach, but I'm pretty certain they moved him.
Issue is John Flaherty has never caught a knuckle and Kelly was in the package sent to Cleveland for Crisp.
Guys, I played at a tourney last night and saw some action at the final table that I am wondering what would be the right call. 2 guys going head to headplayer 1 is betting up the pot and player 2 is callingthe river comes up player 1 bets 20,000 player 2 goes all in to a total of about 50,000player 1 asks him "How much do you have?" and has player 2 covered with chipsplayer 2 took that as a call and flipped his cards beating player 1Player 1 complained that he hadn't called yet and was asking for a count.What is the proper call by a pit boss here? I heard a couple possibilities decisions:1) Hand is dead cause player 2 showed his cards before the hand was done and player 1 wins2) Player 2 wins but player 1 doesn't have to put in the call cause he hadn't3) Player 2 wins and player 1 must put in the full amount of the call
That does not mean call. Player 2 should pay attention. Player 1 just gets "a little" more information on whether he wants to call or not...