andy beal = destroyed

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll find he didn't call Andy dead money, but rather any NEW challengers.
OK.... well before you can worry about "scaring off dead money" you might want to get the 10 million dollars you lost back, and then worry about the other strategies of poker. Thinking that you are in a lose/lose situation is foolish, what would be more important, breaking even, being 10 million in the hole, or "scaring off dead money".I would have to say getting at least some of my intial money back, but I could be wrong I usually am.

He isn't up 7 million against the corporation, this year, over the 2 sessions, yes, he's up about that much.

If you're a doctor, then I weep for educational system in this country and the state of medical schools in general. You're a doctor like I'm an NFL free safety.Honestly, though, I don't care what you do, nor should you care what I do for a living. The question is are you doing what you do to the best of your ability and are you maximizing your potential? My reaction had nothing to do with anyone's being rich (I'm certainly not, though, fortunately, I'm better off than many). It had to do with your attitude that seemed to disqualify Beal from being an admirable figure just because he had money. My experience is that most people who take that attitude are not very successful professionally (and thus are resentful of those who are). Maybe you are living some fabulous Christian Troy-like life, or reattaching limbs on orphans, or some such thing. But let's just say I doubt it. People who are secure with themselves don't begrudge others their success. They can also write above a high school level -- even in an informal setting such as this.[/quoteLook you love andy beal and thats ok, I just stated that I could care less about him. He has worked his ass off to try and beat the best poker players in the world and good for him, but unlike you I'm not going to kow-tow to the guy just because he's taking a shot. He's no different than the kid thats taking his whole bank roll and trying to make it as a pro, the only difference being that money is no object to him at this point.Just because I'm against judging people by how much money they have does'nt mean that I am not driven. You seem to assume that anyone who is not rich is not driven and is just lazy, thats completely the contrary my friend and that is what you need to realize. "(I'm certainly not, though, fortunately, I'm better off than many)" really I dont think anyone cares about your financial status although it seems you have been chomping at the bit to throw that out there, so there was your chance good job my friend. Really it does not matter to me if you believe what I said or not but anytime you want to ask me a question about medication or a disease go right ahead and I'll be happy to show you what this "lazy groovmeister" can accomplish. No I am not rich and I paid for my school through scholarships and playing poker on the side, but I guess anyone who does'nt blow rich old bastards is just lazy and jealous...........lolPS. If you ever want to take this to the felt I would be happy to woop you. You name the game set up a time and we will do it on FCP.
If you're a doctor, then I weep for educational system in this country and the state of medical schools in general. You're a doctor like I'm an NFL free safety.Honestly, though, I don't care what you do, nor should you care what I do for a living. The question is are you doing what you do to the best of your ability and are you maximizing your potential? My reaction had nothing to do with anyone's being rich (I'm certainly not, though, fortunately, I'm better off than many). It had to do with your attitude that seemed to disqualify Beal from being an admirable figure just because he had money.  My experience is that most people who take that attitude are not very successful professionally (and thus are resentful of those who are). Maybe you are living some fabulous Christian Troy-like life, or reattaching limbs on orphans, or some such thing. But let's just say I doubt it. People who are secure with themselves don't begrudge others their success. They can also write above a high school level -- even in an informal setting such as this.
Look you love andy beal and thats ok, I just stated that I could care less about him. He has worked his ass off to try and beat the best poker players in the world and good for him, but unlike you I'm not going to kow-tow to the guy just because he's taking a shot. He's no different than the kid thats taking his whole bank roll and trying to make it as a pro, the only difference being that money is no object to him at this point. Just because I'm against judging people by how much money they have does'nt mean that I am not driven. You seem to assume that anyone who is not rich is not driven and is just lazy, thats completely the contrary my friend and that is what you need to realize. "(I'm certainly not, though, fortunately, I'm better off than many)" really I dont think anyone cares about your financial status although it seems you have been chomping at the bit to throw that out there, so there was your chance good job my friend. Really it does not matter to me if you believe what I said or not but anytime you want to ask me a question about medication or a disease go right ahead and I'll be happy to show you what this "lazy groovmeister" can accomplish. No I am not rich and I paid for my school through scholarships and playing poker on the side, but I guess anyone who does'nt blow rich old bastards is just lazy and jealous...........lol PS. If you ever want to take this to the felt I would be happy to woop you. You name the game set up a time and we will do it on FCP.
PS. If you ever want to take this to the felt I would be happy to woop you. You name the game set up a time and we will do it on FCP.
Boo.
FCP has felt? That is some seriously awesome interactive online poker, why haven't the other sites caught up with this great idea?Will I need a new mouse/monitor to truely enjoy the experience?
Beal has the MONEY that most people on this forum only dream of having. He knew nothing about LHE, taught himself to play a VERY difficult variation of it (heads-up), and had the balls to put up his own money playing the very best players in the world (and while the money wasn't much of a risk -- the public humiliation he risked from losing a large sum WAS very meaningful). The pros got to switch players, whereas he had no tag team. He gave beatings in some sessions and took a beating in others. Like every heads-up LHE player in the world does.Frankly, if the pros were honest, they'd admit that their edge over Beal was very, very small. Playing $50K-$100K blinds, $3M is absolutely a pittance. Those of you who are rejoicing over Beal's "demise" are ridiculous. He's richer than you'll ever be (and entirely self-made), smarter than you'll ever be, and he'd beat the living crap out of any of you heads-up.And, significantly, he's done something that probably no one else on this forum has or will ever do -- earned respect from the best players in the world for his heart and skill at playing a game at the highest levels. No one should hate on Andy Beal or run their mouth. It's irritating that people with few or no real accomplishments in the real world (let alone poker) should make derogatory comments about a guy who they should respect and admire for his brains and talent.I very much doubt that Beal is quitting because he feels "beaten." He's probably just confirmed to himself that he's playing a close to even-money affair for an amount of money that means nothing to him. He has better things to do, I'm sure. He might be back, he might not. I doubt it's anything close to as big a deal to him as it is to many of the micro-limits wannabes on this forum.
I don't disagree with what you're saying. I just had to FYP. They're both correct??
Frankly, I hope he is done. Some censored walks in with a ton of money and challenges players who have made a living at the game. If I were the corporation, I would take it as being disrespected. Beal learned a lesson, stick to what you know.
Read "The professor, the banker and the suicide king". Andy Beal was a great student of the game from the time he caught the poker bug and could actually contend with the pros at the highest level. You make me laugh. He found an edge against the pros and used it against them.
PS. If you ever want to take this to the felt I would be happy to woop you. You name the game set up a time and we will do it on FCP.
Boo.
FCP has felt? That is some seriously awesome interactive online poker, why haven't the other sites caught up with this great idea?Will I need a new mouse/monitor to truely enjoy the experience?
dont waste my time moron
Boo.
dont waste my time moron
$100 says you're not a doctor. No doctor is this much of a jackass.Then again...my father's favorite joke:What do you call the guy that did ok in high school, decent in college, and graduated last in his class at the worst medical school in the country?

lol that makes me laugh because I say that to myself all the time, I am a jackass and I am a doctor but I will not graduate anywhere near bottom of my class my friend. Im really done with this, this conversation has nothing to do with me and my occupation I was just using it to make a point because TSClark referred to me as a bum. Im out