andy beal = destroyed

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's hardly destroyed. The guy faired incredibly well against the best players in the world. He also put hiimself in a position to be poked fun at by the entire poker world, when he evitably lost a fairly large sum to the pros.3 million is pocket change to this guy so, I doubt it was the loss or the swings that made him decide to give it up. He probably just wanted the challenge to play the best. Now that he did, he's probably ready to move on to another experience.

I think he's hardly destroyed.  The guy faired incredibly well against the best players in the world.  He also put hiimself in a position to be poked fun at by the entire poker world, when he evitably lost a fairly large sum to the pros.3 million is pocket change to this guy so, I doubt it was the loss or the swings that made him decide to give it up.  He probably just wanted the challenge to play the best.  Now that he did, he's probably ready to move on to another experience.
Yeah, I doubt the money lost effected him much, as he was always pushing to play even higher stakes than the pros could play. But, it's more fun if we all think he got destroyed.

He'll be back, I guarantee. 3 million in a game of that size is maybe two or three toughpots. He knows he can sit with the best in the world, and eventually, be it variance, luck, skill or all three, the cardswill turn in his favour and he'll put a hurting on them.How many of us have "quit" at one time or other??

how many times have people had a bad streak and said "Im done with poker for good"? I know I have done it a few times. But once that bankroll gets up there, Im banging in at the tables again. Andy Beal Is an interesing guy. I mean what is his purpose for playing poker when he is known not to be that good of a player anyway? Just to rake in millions? If that is the case, I am sure his investments do that faster than a 5 day trip to vegas ever could. He is a BILLIONAIRE........these trips to vegas are like a vacation for him. He def isnt tying to get into the poker scene as a professional, especially from the way the corporation says he plays. He is said to be one big donkey.

how many times have people had a bad streak and said "Im done with poker for good"?  I know I  have done it a few times.  But once that bankroll gets up there, Im banging in at the tables again.  Andy Beal Is an interesing guy. I mean what is his purpose for playing poker when he is known not to be that good of a player anyway?  Just to rake in millions?  If that is the case, I am sure his investments do that faster than a 5 day trip to vegas ever could.  He is a BILLIONAIRE........these trips to vegas are like a vacation for him.  He def isnt tying to get into the poker scene as a professional, especially from the way the corporation says he plays.  He is said to be one big donkey.
Teneight quit for about three hours once...
wow..they took 30 BB's off him.  :roll:
honestly... losing $3 million over 5 days of 50k/100k heads up is the equivalent of losing $60 bucks playing 1/2 heads up. you could lose that in 15 hands.
how many times have people had a bad streak and said "Im done with poker for good"?  I know I  have done it a few times.  But once that bankroll gets up there, Im banging in at the tables again.  Andy Beal Is an interesing guy. I mean what is his purpose for playing poker when he is known not to be that good of a player anyway?  Just to rake in millions?  If that is the case, I am sure his investments do that faster than a 5 day trip to vegas ever could.  He is a BILLIONAIRE........these trips to vegas are like a vacation for him.  He def isnt tying to get into the poker scene as a professional, especially from the way the corporation says he plays.  He is said to be one big donkey.
I dunno about that. The fact that he was supposed to be in the National Heads Up Championship this year is kind of interesting. I wonder how much that seat cost him!
I dunno about that. The fact that he was supposed to be in the National Heads Up Championship this year is kind of interesting. I wonder how much that seat cost him!
They should pay HIM! Think of all the publicity!

Frankly, I hope he is done. Some ******* walks in with a ton of money and challenges players who have made a living at the game. If I were the corporation, I would take it as being disrespected. Beal learned a lesson, stick to what you know.

I don't understand where people are getting all of this "Andy is a donkey" stuff from. By all reports the pro's were saying that his play had improved quite a bit. Being down only 30bb is certainly no proper gauge of his skill level as at one point he was up about that much. After watching some of DN's heads up games online we all should be aware of how big the swings can be. I do think that over long term or freeze out play the pro's would come out ahead but I don't think that Andy is a donk or that he was destroyed by any stretch of the imagination.

Beal has guts that most people on this forum only dream of having. He knew nothing about LHE, taught himself to play a VERY difficult variation of it (heads-up), and had the balls to put up his own money playing the very best players in the world (and while the money wasn't much of a risk -- the public humiliation he risked from losing a large sum WAS very meaningful). The pros got to switch players, whereas he had no tag team. He gave beatings in some sessions and took a beating in others. Like every heads-up LHE player in the world does.Frankly, if the pros were honest, they'd admit that their edge over Beal was very, very small. Playing $50K-$100K blinds, $3M is absolutely a pittance. Those of you who are rejoicing over Beal's "demise" are ridiculous. He's richer than you'll ever be (and entirely self-made), smarter than you'll ever be, and he'd beat the living crap out of any of you heads-up.And, significantly, he's done something that probably no one else on this forum has or will ever do -- earned respect from the best players in the world for his heart and skill at playing a game at the highest levels. No one should hate on Andy Beal or run their mouth. It's irritating that people with few or no real accomplishments in the real world (let alone poker) should make derogatory comments about a guy who they should respect and admire for his brains and talent.I very much doubt that Beal is quitting because he feels "beaten." He's probably just confirmed to himself that he's playing a close to even-money affair for an amount of money that means nothing to him. He has better things to do, I'm sure. He might be back, he might not. I doubt it's anything close to as big a deal to him as it is to many of the micro-limits wannabes on this forum.