has anyone read this book? I just ordered it online. Looks like it is a more in depth look at "small ball" style of playing tournaments.
Actually, it's a longball book. It's an extension of Sklansky's system to give beginners a shot in a big buy-in tourney.

Blair Rodman is a professional gambler. He's the guy I was telling you all about that has been seen in the audience of every WSOP ME from about 1992 to present. I watched the footage and you can see him in the audience. He also got 2nd place in a WPT event. He was in the one when Phil Ivey came in 3rd. Blair is also a professional card counter and has probably made a million dollars in blackjack.

has anyone read this book?  I just ordered it online.  Looks like it is a more in depth look at "small ball" style of playing tournaments.
Actually, it's a longball book. It's an extension of Sklansky's system to give beginners a shot in a big buy-in tourney.
That's what I was thinking too, but I didn't want to say it without knowing for sure.

Yep, very good! I wouldn't say it's better than HOH, but is a definate buy if you play NL tourneys. It most definately can help your game.Blair and Lee have a forum listed in the book, where they are very active in responding to questions on play in the book and how to use them in play.The book helped me with my biggest weakness of not being aggressive enough. It has 4 different levels of the style they teach, if you can use the level 3 and 4 styles where you use longball tactics and small ball both successfully, you can be a very dangerous player at the table.Hoyt Corkins is probably the most famous player that I can think of that uses this style off hand, although I know there are others.

• 3 weeks later...

Im reading right now, and it is a fantastic read and I can see how it will be a big help in my tourney play...I would love to hear what Daniel thinks of this book, I know he's not a fan of Long Ball.

for whoever was lookin for where to get it i dont k now if you play online but atleast 1 or 2 sites have it as a FPP reward... but if you dont play online i guess that doesnt help i suppose barnes and noble or amazon.com would be good places to check

Im reading right now, and it is a fantastic read and I can see how it will be a big help in my tourney play...I would love to hear what Daniel thinks of this book, I know he's not a fan of Long Ball.
Where did you buy it from? Amazon.ca has a rediculous 2 month lead time. Did you just order it from .com? thx

i must go against the grain here and say that i didn't enjoy the book very much. in fact i didn't even finish reading it. this is really just a all-in or fold strategy. basically it's a more detailed version of "the system" that is explained in Tournament play for Advanced Players by Sklansky.i don't doubt that the theories in the book could give a beginner a shot at beating the pros but i don't think many intermediate or advanced players will find it useful.just my $.02tg

i must go against the grain here and say that i didn't enjoy the book very much. in fact i didn't even finish reading it. this is really just a all-in or fold strategy. basically it's a more detailed version of "the system" that is explained in Tournament play for Advanced Players by Sklansky.i don't doubt that the theories in the book could give a beginner a shot at beating the pros but i don't think many intermediate or advanced players will find it useful.just my $.02tg
Do you want to sell it then to me? :club: