guess what i'm up against....

Ok, look at this hand, and tell me what you think they have. And whether I played it ok. (Also, look at the play on the 2nd play I post)***** Hand History for Game 1639191681 *****$0.5/$1 Hold'em - Thursday, February 24, 00:45:43 EDT 2005Table Table 15369 (Real Money)Seat 8 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10 Seat 1: jcmorris5151 ( $27.25 )Seat 2: Pocketpty2 ( $39 )Seat 3: ldaniel2337 ( $8.5 )Seat 5: mulesass ( $48 )Seat 6: mdb923 ( $32.75 )Seat 8: bakaalby ( $31.5 )Seat 10: rkaadams ( $7.37 )Seat 4: nightstar ( $24.5 )Seat 9: Suited__Up ( $21.75 )Seat 7: drnox ( $9.25 )Suited__Up posts small blind [$0.25].rkaadams posts big blind [$0.5].** Dealing down cards **Dealt to Suited__Up [ Jh Jd ]jcmorris5151 calls [$0.5].Pocketpty2 folds.ldaniel2337 raises [$1].nightstar folds.mulesass folds.mdb923 calls [$1].drnox folds.bakaalby calls [$1].Suited__Up raises [$1.25].rkaadams calls [$1].jcmorris5151 calls [$1].ldaniel2337 raises [$1].mdb923 calls [$1].bakaalby calls [$1].Suited__Up calls [$0.5].rkaadams calls [$0.5].jcmorris5151 calls [$0.5].** Dealing Flop ** [ 3h, 4c, 4s ]Suited__Up checks.rkaadams checks.jcmorris5151 checks.ldaniel2337 bets [$0.5].mdb923 calls [$0.5].bakaalby folds.Suited__Up calls [$0.5].rkaadams calls [$0.5].jcmorris5151 calls [$0.5].** Dealing Turn ** [ 6d ]Suited__Up checks.rkaadams checks.jcmorris5151 checks.ldaniel2337 bets [$1].mdb923 calls [$1].Suited__Up calls [$1].rkaadams calls [$1].jcmorris5151 calls [$1].** Dealing River ** [ Ad ]Suited__Up checks.rkaadams checks.jcmorris5151 checks.ldaniel2337 bets [$1].mdb923 folds.Suited__Up folds.rkaadams calls [$1].jcmorris5151 folds.ldaniel2337 shows [ Guess?? ] xxxxxrkaadams doesn't show [ Guess? ] xxxxldaniel2337 wins $20.5 ***** Hand History for Game 1639207468 *****$0.5/$1 Hold'em - Thursday, February 24, 00:48:52 EDT 2005Table Table 15369 (Real Money)Seat 1 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10 Seat 1: jcmorris5151 ( $18.25 )Seat 2: Pocketpty2 ( $34 )Seat 5: mulesass ( $48 )Seat 6: mdb923 ( $42.87 )Seat 8: bakaalby ( $29.5 )Seat 10: rkaadams ( $0 )Seat 4: nightstar ( $23.5 )Seat 9: Suited__Up ( $18.25 )Seat 7: drnox ( $8.75 )Seat 3: cdc207 ( $12 )Pocketpty2 posts small blind [$0.25].cdc207 posts big blind [$0.5].** Dealing down cards **Dealt to Suited__Up [ Kh Ac ]nightstar folds.rkaadams has left the table.mdb923: tymulesass calls [$0.5].mdb923 calls [$0.5].drnox folds.bakaalby folds.Suited__Up raises [$1].jcmorris5151 raises [$1.5].Pocketpty2 folds.grassrati has joined the table.cdc207 folds.mulesass calls [$1].mdb923 calls [$1].Suited__Up calls [$0.5].** Dealing Flop ** [ Ah, 6c, Jh ]mulesass checks.mdb923 checks.Suited__Up bets [$0.5].jcmorris5151 raises [$1].mulesass folds.mdb923 folds.Suited__Up raises [$1].jcmorris5151 calls [$0.5].** Dealing Turn ** [ Qs ]Suited__Up bets [$1].jcmorris5151 calls [$1].** Dealing River ** [ 6s ]Suited__Up bets [$1].jcmorris5151 calls [$1].Suited__Up shows [ Kh, Ac ] two pairs, aces and sixes.jcmorris5151 doesn't show [ As, 7s ] two pairs, aces and sixes.Suited__Up wins $13 from the main pot with two pairs, aces and sixes with king kicker.

hand 1 u deserve to lose cuz u played it so passively.GET AGGRESSIVE BET FOR GOD'S SAKE. u probably lost to someone who caught their ace or hit a straight. either way, you need to get aggressive. poorly played hand IMOhand 2. a little better although im capping preflop. and u showed us what ur opponent has, but i could tell that you had the best hand before the flop

i don't think you played the first hand well.pre-flop was fine, but why would you check the flop?? you were the pre-flop aggressor since you three-bet and no one capped, so come out betting on that flop. what if it got checked around, you just gave a free card with possibly the best hand?? that's one of the best flops you could ask for with JJ.same with the turn, why check-call?as for the river... well, i hate to tell you, because i'm sure you already know and regret it, but... why did you fold to ONE bet??? think about that, ONE bet for a pot of TWENTY bets.the second hand was fine, i would have capped pre-flop but no big deal.aseem

hand 1 u deserve to lose cuz u played it so passively.GET AGGRESSIVE BET FOR GOD'S SAKE. u probably lost to someone who caught their ace or hit a straight. either way, you need to get aggressive. poorly played hand IMOhand 2. a little better although im capping preflop. and u showed us what ur opponent has, but i could tell that you had the best hand before the flop
Well until yesterday I would have done that... But I posted a hand where I had QQ, and lost to KK, who capped pre-flop... and they said I should have been worried about KK and AA since it was capped, and I lost a lot of extra chips because I didn't slow down. Well JJ isn't even as good as QQ, not to mention it was like 5 people who called 4 bets in the hand. So blame it on the guys who told me to slow down.And hand 2... some people will cap it, some won't. I wanted to see the flop.
i don't think you played the first hand well.pre-flop was fine, but why would you check the flop?? you were the pre-flop aggressor since you three-bet and no one capped, so come out betting on that flop. what if it got checked around, you just gave a free card with possibly the best hand?? that's one of the best flops you could ask for with JJ.same with the turn, why check-call?as for the river... well, i hate to tell you, because i'm sure you already know and regret it, but... why did you fold to ONE bet??? think about that, ONE bet for a pot of TWENTY bets.the second hand was fine, i would have capped pre-flop but no big deal.aseem
Hand one WAS capped!
Hand one WAS capped!
my mistake, read it wrong.in that case, i think you played it fine by check-calling, but the fold at the river was definitely a big mistake, sorry. understand that by calling, you lose one bet sometimes, but by folding, you automatically lose 20 big bets, and that's why they say folding to a big pot on the river is a catastrophic mistake.aseem
Hand one WAS capped!
my mistake, read it wrong.in that case, i think you played it fine by check-calling, but the fold at the river was definitely a big mistake, sorry. understand that by calling, you lose one bet sometimes, but by folding, you automatically lose 20 big bets, and that's why they say folding to a big pot on the river is a catastrophic mistake.aseem
I know, but at that point there was still 3 or 4 other people in the hand, I knew one of them had to have either an Ace or an over pair to me. I know exactly what you're saying though.THE RESULTS:Winner had A-10 offsuit <~~~ Capped it pre-flop.Other guy: 3-4 offsuit

the guy that won had AAthe guy that mucked had AQthats what i think.i dont really mind how you played the first hand, but i might have just folded the flop. you are up against big stuff. 2nd hand, you played it very aggressively but it payed off. good job.

Daniel had QJ, no pair- was randomly firing.Adams hit trips but played poorly.This is the hands I expect from my limits, anyway. I've seen people slow play trips and two pair- all the way past the river, lolAnd you should've raised anyway and bulled around. Too many people in the pot to catch that A on the endHand two was just a normal meh play, in my opinion. It happens.

nope you still should've bet out on the flop even though it was capped, if you get raised you can then dump the hand on the turn as opposed to check calling it down. by check calling it dfwn to then fold on the river you might've as well have put in a small bet called the raise and see if you boat up on the turn

regardless of the end result, you only have to be correct 1 in 19 times for the call on the river to be profitable. i understand your logic, that in a multiway pot, SOMEONE has to have an ace, but that's flawed logic. imagine if someone had TT and someone had 99, it would be catastrophic.as for the hand, i think in retrospect, i would have bet out on the flop, and if i got raised, i would have three-bet. if the person CAPPED, then i would have slowed down, but i think by coming out betting, you're showing strength and your fold equity increases. that would have made the AT slow down and maybe even fold.it just goes to show that aggression will pay off.but yeah, i understand that JJ is vulnerable so you wanted to play it slow in case you were against a higher pocket pair. i think by betting, you would have gotten that information, however, and by check-calling, you're still left completely in the dark.aseem

nope you still should've bet out on the flop even though it was capped, if you get raised you can then dump the hand on the turn as opposed to check calling it down. by check calling it dfwn to then fold on the river you might've as well have put in a small bet called the raise and see if you boat up on the turn
You're right, I guess just seeing it 6 handed capped pre-flop, made me think my JJ was no good. I was wrong obviously.And for hand 2... the reason I posted it because he re-raised me pre-flop with A7... I just thought that was a little retarded. He's going on my buddy list for sure. 2 hands later he raised with J5s.

I made it through the first hand and then decided you didn't have a full grasp on how to play, you deserved to lose that one and I just figured you must have misplayed the other one as well. Checking JJ on the flop, you don't get many better opportunities to push with it than that flop. Greedy slow plays will break you.

I made it through the first hand and then decided you didn't have a full grasp on how to play, you deserved to lose that one and I just figured you must have misplayed the other one as well. Checking JJ on the flop, you don't get many better opportunities to push with it than that flop. Greedy slow plays will break you.
I wasn't slowplaying you ****ing retard! It was capped pre-flop... and JJ is the 4th best hand... There were 6 other people who called 4 bets preflop.... How exactly do you think I'm slowplaying there?I think you're the one who doesn't know what the **** he's talking about. So either shut the **** up, or just go kill yourself. Either way is fine with me.
It wasn't a slow play- it was a timid play. There's a huge difference- and there are times when I don't play JJ's like that. Hell, I won't raise TT at all, much less cap JJ at a loose table. any AKQ on the flop will kill you. That means, out of AKQT9875432. 3 out of the 11 cards are very likely to sink you on the flop. If you've got more than 3 people following you to see a flop, I'm sorry, I'm not capping JJ either. I'll post flop play it hardcore, but not preflop.

I made it through the first hand and then decided you didn't have a full grasp on how to play, you deserved to lose that one and I just figured you must have misplayed the other one as well.Wow could you be more of a retard? YOU decided he didn't have a full grasp on how to play, then YOU figured he just misplayed the other one as well. Evidently we have Howard Lederer posting on this forum because you haven't made a mistake playing limit holdem? You are a clown.

As for the JJ hand...if you're in there raising the preflop against all those people and the flop is 4 or 6 high or whatever it was, why aren't you betting or raising if someone bets on that flop? There's a lot of money in the pot, the chances of you having the best hand, betting, and winning the money in the pot right there out weighs the chances of someone having you beat at this point.Now, if you have already decided that your JJ isn't good and that someone has a better PP, then you are playing to flop a set and flop a set only, so if thats how you wanna p lay it, thats fine. But I'm taking a shot to win the pot on the flop, and if someone bets I'm raising with JJ and the board being 6 high.