tournament exits with bad beats

Just wondering - What percentage (roughly) of eliminations from tourneys do you suffer from bad beats? I can't tell if I'm on a bad run, or if it's just me, or whatever.... The last ten tournies I've played 8/10 were over when I was handed a beat. Typically on the river. That's poker, sure-but should I be glad it's not donk plays that lead to my doom, or should I examine my play for leakage....? Thanks-

if they were true donks, u would, on average, have more chips than them so that you would not be eliminated by them when you are given a "bad" beat. In MTTs you need to be willing to gamble, I dont know the circumstances but I amguessing some of thes eplayers that knocked you out with inferior hands are indeed good players, but realized they needed to gamble...

if they were true donks, u would, on average, have more chips than them so that you would not be eliminated by them when you are given a "bad" beat. In MTTs you need to be willing to gamble, I dont know the circumstances but I amguessing some of thes eplayers that knocked you out with inferior hands are indeed good players, but realized they needed to gamble...
This is the latest example- and this guy surely didn't need to gamble (he was 4th or so w/ around 400 left: PokerStars Game #3918981341: Tournament #19224938, Hold'em No Limit - Level X(400/800) - 2006/02/09 - 21:38:58 (ET)Table '19224938 288' Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: CopoutKing (28222 in chips) Seat 2: EJ420 (13120 in chips) Seat 3: Rageur (6255 in chips) Seat 4: thedabbler (43519 in chips) Seat 5: PeteIII (15770 in chips) Seat 6: drcomet (44433 in chips) Seat 7: NightSpice (5970 in chips) Seat 8: CHAPINPIT (7090 in chips) Seat 9: It's Not Me (8450 in chips) CopoutKing: posts the ante 50EJ420: posts the ante 50Rageur: posts the ante 50thedabbler: posts the ante 50PeteIII: posts the ante 50drcomet: posts the ante 50NightSpice: posts the ante 50CHAPINPIT: posts the ante 50It's Not Me: posts the ante 50PeteIII: posts small blind 400drcomet: posts big blind 800*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Rageur [Kc Ad]NightSpice: folds CHAPINPIT: folds It's Not Me: folds CopoutKing: folds EJ420: folds Rageur: raises 5405 to 6205 and is all-inthedabbler: calls 6205PeteIII: folds drcomet: folds *** FLOP *** [4s Td Ah]*** TURN *** [4s Td Ah] [6s]*** RIVER *** [4s Td Ah 6s] [Jd]*** SHOW DOWN ***Rageur: shows [Kc Ad] (a pair of Aces)thedabbler: shows [Qs Kh] (a straight, Ten to Ace)PeteIII said, "poket 6's"thedabbler collected 14060 from potPeteIII said, "dam"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 14060 | Rake 0 Board [4s Td Ah 6s Jd]Seat 1: CopoutKing folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: EJ420 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: Rageur showed [Kc Ad] and lost with a pair of AcesSeat 4: thedabbler (button) showed [Qs Kh] and won (14060) with a straight, Tento AceSeat 5: PeteIII (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 6: drcomet (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 7: NightSpice folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: CHAPINPIT folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: It's Not Me folded before Flop (didn't bet) I was amongst the small stacks and was being bullied by the big boys.
This is the latest example- and this guy surely didn't need to gamble (he was 4th or so w/ around 400 left:
He didnt need to gamble, but you did, and his call was automatic imo. Vs random hands hes a 60:40 favorite. Against your most likely holding after a random hand...Ax, he's a 60:40 dog. There are very few hands that dominate him. There is 7855 in the pot and he's got 6205 to call...meaning without other considerations he has tcEV breakeven of about 45:55, which covers those times when you have two overs to a pair. Assuming the probability of all of the random favorites, Ax dogs and dominated hands offset each other, he's in excellent shape. Add in the chance to knock a player out with relatively minor impact on his stack he has to call. This wasnt a "bad beat".One thing that helps psychologically is to remember that once the money is all in there is no such thing as "the river". The order of cards is preset and irrelevant. He could have hit his hand on the flop, turn or river..its all the same thing.If y0u are a strong player you will exit most tourneys from either a short stack or a "bad beat", since with a decent stack you should be playing hands against stacks that can eliminate you only if you think you have a decided edge at the time the money gets in.
If y0u are a strong player you will exit most tourneys from either a short stack or a "bad beat", since with a decent stack you should be playing hands against stacks that can eliminate you only if you think you have a decided edge at the time the money gets in.
This is more or less the type of response/info I am looking for. I'm just trying to put things in perspective. Not sure if I should classify myself as a 'strong player', but I certainly am exiting 90% of my tournies as a short stack getting into a coin flip or a bad beat against a bigger stack when i've made a good read/pushed.