are you a compulsive gambler?

I said "Yes" to 4, 12, 14, and 15. I was reluctant to use a normal post on this addiction survey, but I answered the survey to escape worry or trouble. I'm hesitant to take surveys and use their results in my everyday life, though. Now I regret having even taken the survey.

I got a 3.8. After a win, do you have a strong urge to return and win more? Yes, it feels good to win...12. Are you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?Yes, I'd rather build my bankroll and move up limits...14. Do you ever gamble longer than you planned?Yes, Sometimes I play a lot longer if the table conditions are good than I planned.

I got a 5. The last 10 pretty much dont apply to me at all.....with the exception of the gambling longer than planned question....but I cant see how thats a big deal because I only gamble longer than planned when I am winning big.....

hahahahaha i got a 19.....Last night i got real drunk.... put 30 in pokerroom.... went right to blackjack.... turned it into 300.... lost it playign 100 a hand..... then put in another 30turned it into 550....... played a 150 hand..... doubled with 11 against a 7 i got a 2.... dealer had 17....... then put the last 250 on one hand and dealer had BJ..... maybe i'm a little compulsive

1. Do you lose time from work due to gambling? No2. Does gambling make your home life unhappy? If anything, my home life makes my gambling unhappy3. Does gambling affect your reputation? I guess so,people know that I'm a good poker player.4. Do you ever feel remorse after gambling? No5. Do you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties? No6. Does gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency? No7. After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses? No8. After a win, do you have a strong urge to return and win more? No9. Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone? No10. Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling? No11. Do you ever sell anything to finance gambling? No12. Are you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures? Yes13. Does gambling make you careless about the welfare of your family? No14. Do you ever gamble longer than you planned? Yes15. Do you ever gamble to escape worry or trouble? No16. Do you ever commit, or consider committing, an illegal act to finance your gambling? No17. Does gambling cause you to have difficulty sleeping? No18. Do arguments, disappointments, or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble? No19. Do you have an urge to celebrate good fortune by a few hours of gambling? No20. Do you ever consider self-destruction as a result of your gambling? NoI dont think I did too bad

Whew barely made the cut off, 7 out of 20, but the questions about having an urge to gamble after an argument or to celebrate are a bit biased. I always have an urge to gamble! :wink:

1. Do you lose time from work due to gambling? irrelevant i'm still in school.2. Does gambling make your home life unhappy? No, except when they yell at you to get off the dam computer.3. Does gambling affect your reputation? No.4. Do you ever feel remorse after gambling? Anyone ever hear of bad beats???5. Do you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties? Don't have any.6. Does gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency? No.7. After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses? Irrelevant, I always feel like returning.8. After a win, do you have a strong urge to return and win more? See #7.9. Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone?No.10. Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling?No.11. Do you ever sell anything to finance gambling?No.12. Are you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?Hell yeah! That's why it's called a bankroll.13. Does gambling make you careless about the welfare of your family?No, excpet when they yell at me to get off the computer.14. Do you ever gamble longer than you planned?Yes yes yes yes yes yes...15. Do you ever gamble to escape worry or trouble?If nutbarring .01/.02 counts then yes.16. Do you ever commit, or consider committing, an illegal act to finance your gambling?Yes, I play online.17. Does gambling cause you to have difficulty sleeping?One donkey, two donkey, three donkey,four donkey.....zzzz....forty-four donkey, fourt-five donkey....18. Do arguments, disappointments, or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?Wait, who doesn't have an urge to gamble?19. Do you have an urge to celebrate good fortune by a few hours of gambling?...mmmm....poker....20. Do you ever consider self-destruction as a result of your gambling?Nope, I've never tilted in my whole life. :roll:

1. Do you lose time from work due to gambling? NO...i don't have a full time job.2. Does gambling make your home life unhappy? NO3. Does gambling affect your reputation? NO4. Do you ever feel remorse after gambling? YES...when I lose.5. Do you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties? I play poker for a living...so in essence...yes.6. Does gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency? NO7. After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses? HELL NO.8. After a win, do you have a strong urge to return and win more? HELL YES.9. Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone? At the Track..hell yeah...10. Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling? NEVER.11. Do you ever sell anything to finance gambling? NO12. Are you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures? NO.13. Does gambling make you careless about the welfare of your family? NO14. Do you ever gamble longer than you planned? ALL THE TIME.15. Do you ever gamble to escape worry or trouble? What else is there to do?16. Do you ever commit, or consider committing, an illegal act to finance your gambling? NO...but I would if you can come up with a good plan.17. Does gambling cause you to have difficulty sleeping? NO.18. Do arguments, disappointments, or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble? NO.19. Do you have an urge to celebrate good fortune by a few hours of gambling? YES.20. Do you ever consider self-destruction as a result of your gambling? NO.HEY!! I QUALIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a compulsive gambler. I uninstalled Party Poker because I started losing money playing BlackJack, which is a horrible game IMO. :club: I developed a habit of taking a bad beat in poker, then deciding to win it back by "tilting" on Blackjack by betting "retardedly" for how much money I [/b]HAD on that site

Nice to see only 25% of people are compulsive gamblers, if they answered the survey honestly. Seeing as this is a poker(gambling) forum, you'd expect at least half to be compulsive, lol. I scored a 6, so I'm teetering on the edge according to your poll MonkeyMan. Just curious, what was your score Digital?Mike Matusow would score an 18. For those few people who answered more than 10 yes, maybe learning this about yourself can help your game(sw). Compulsive gambler or not, I'd bet(sw) over half of the best pros in the game today are, so we can feel pretty good about ourselves here at FCP.(sw)

1. Do you lose time from work due to gambling? - No.2. Does gambling make your home life unhappy? - No.3. Does gambling affect your reputation? - Yes.4. Do you ever feel remorse after gambling? - Yes.5. Do you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties? - No.6. Does gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency? - No.7. After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses? - No.8. After a win, do you have a strong urge to return and win more? - Yes.9. Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone? - No.10. Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling? - No.11. Do you ever sell anything to finance gambling? - No.12. Are you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures? - No.13. Does gambling make you careless about the welfare of your family? - No.14. Do you ever gamble longer than you planned? - Yes.15. Do you ever gamble to escape worry or trouble? - No.16. Do you ever commit, or consider committing, an illegal act to finance your gambling? - No.17. Does gambling cause you to have difficulty sleeping? - No.18. Do arguments, disappointments, or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble? - No.19. Do you have an urge to celebrate good fortune by a few hours of gambling? - No.20. Do you ever consider self-destruction as a result of your gambling? - No.Four. At least I'm honest about it.

Do the people who got "Zero" even play poker? :wink:
yes. though i copped out. i don't consider how i usually play poker "gambling." not being a dick or anything, but i play very low limits and would not play unless i was winning consistently. i also almost always play while clearing a bonus.if i was to "take shots" and play higher limits, i'd consider that gambling, even though the odds were in my favour.i don't enjoy gambling very much. i skimmed the test, and i guess 1 or 2 are arguable, but i'm basically a zero.