super bowl weekend (day two)

ok guys well i left off last time with me lossing at the black jack table. i got my two hours in and we had to meet in the lobby at 10:30 sharp. we got down there and there was a strech hummer limo waiting to pick us up. it took us to dn's house. funny thing was is i dont think anyone in the limo new the exact address but the truck with the wsop tags gave the house away so we really didnt need the number for the house. we got there and had breakfeast (dn's mom was nice enough to make us food) and drinks. we watch high stakes poker on the t.v. and it was cool to ask dn what he was thinking in certain hands as he played it. the funny thing was that when the hand came up with him and barry when they got it in with dn's k high flush and barrys ace high draw he was still cheering for no spade (as all the rest of us were). we also ran a golden tee tourney and beleive it or not daniel didnt win. ihaveanicepr ended up winning and taking down the $500 prize. on side note i got to tell you it was really cool to see all the trophies he had up on the mantel there had to be like 20 of them. oh and when we left we got a little gift bag. in it we got a fcp shirt, hat, and i got a sweet fcp poker table mouse pad with with ten fcp poker chips. (i think that is really going to up my tourney game)oh and mushu was awesome. that dog has no fear. mushu is so small but walks around 20 people like he owns the place. i really think mushu could of taken that big dog dn was talking about if he would of let mushi at him.after this we headed back to ceasers and sat in the vip section of the poker room to watch the super bowl and also played another sit n go. this time i did terrible but my buddy mike ended up winning it. he had a couple suck outs like 66 vs. qq but hey it happens. during the super bowl dn and fcp put on many side bets. they had a pool going and some how seemed to get the worst numbers. well i actually had 47 in one but they other was 5 1 or something crazy like that. there was a lot of other side action going on too with prizes being hockey jerseys. those jerseys are real nice.towards the end of the super bowl some of us decieded to start a 1/2 nl game. we played for a while. i was stuck for quit a bit. and it all went to GLEN. he was killing me hitting everything and two outers twice. there was a very big pot when i had qj and the flop came 89 10. with two hearts. i had the queen of hearts and three people got all in. one had a set and glen had the old 63 of hearts and hit on the turn i got no help on the river. when the game was over dn decieded to sit down. he basically played blind. he busted my buddy for about 500 when he moved in blind utg with k9 my friend calls with 8s and lost. he was really out playing a lot of us playing blind. he was a text book lesson in playing the other players hands not yours. the best part about it was that for about ten str8 hands dn decided to put 100 in the pot before the hands where even dealt and then he would make it 40 to go blind every time. so that lead to some big pots but i seemed to get 27 off ten str8 times. i think glen won 6 of them. man i hate glen (lol glen jk you know you're my boy) it all came to an end when dn had about 400 in front of him and pulled a spectator from the game (ihaveanicepr) to play his hand. i think he just told him to move in cause thats what happened and he got called by ak. dn's fill in moved in with 93 off and luckily for the ak the ak held up. after that dn had to get out of there. but us fcp guys decieded to stay for a while and play. we actually stayed for a really long time and i would alway manage to work my stack up only to get hammered by glen lol. at around 2:00 am the game finally broke and managed to battle back and at the time i was down 250 for the entire trip. so not too bad (actually considering the weekend i had i would say i was up a ton). well me and mike decieded to go back to the room because i had to 6:30am flight and i was told i needed to leave for the airport no later than 4. i got all my stuff back and almost went to bed. mike looked at me like i was crazy he said dude you got to stay up if you fall asleep you wont get up you will miss your flight. so we came up with the bright idea to take 100 and play some table games just to pass the time just to pass the time till i had to leave. well we got down there and the lowest thing they had was 25 bucks and we are like damn our hundred isnt going to get us an hour play. but being the gamblers we our we decieded to make a run at it. we sat down and played 2 hands of caribean stud and 3 hands of 3 card poker. i managed to get up 75 on those hands. then we walked over to the let it ride table.i walked over and was like come on guys lets get this table hot. we tried to ask the pit boss to lower it to 10 dollar bets but he refused so we just said whatever lets play. very first hand i put up my 3 twenty five dollar bets and a dollar for the dealer and a dollar for the bonus, i get dealt trip fives. i am thinking awesome so i let it ride. dealer flips the first card and its an 8. so right now i am screaming for an 8 then i say no way i want quads give me a five. sure enough the dealer flips a five. i almost had a heart attack the table went crazy. well it payed out well. on my bonus buck i got 400, then i got 50 to 1 on each of my 25 dollar bets. it added up to $4150. funny thing was is we looked at the pit boss and said man thank you for not lowering the stakes. so this trip was probably the best trip i have been on. i cant thank dn and fcp enough for the experience. dn is a true class and fcp really knows how to reward there players. so in all i got to learn from and play with one of the best poker players in the world, went to probably the best club in vegas and walked out with just under 4k extra in my pocket.oh yea when i get some pictures from my buddies camera i will post them on here.what a great time,crocd99

quads.............quads..............did you say quads ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !what an awesome way to finish off your trip.....Congrats.......and don't forget ...you earned it ! !FCP ROCKS

sounds like a good time espically the quads thing on let it ride...and if you thought pure was great next time you come back into town try out club TAO at the vinetian. Anyway glad to see you had a good time and post those pics.

Wow, that sounds like you had a action packed weekend. Daniel seems to go beyond the call of duty time and time again. Was wondering what was included in your trip? I assume that you won the chance to go there from the football pool. And I was wondering if Daniel flew you and your friend there or was that on you. Thanks for sharing the info.

Sounds lke a sweet time....what was the party for anyways?...just curious
"Weekend at Daniel's tournament" that they did on FCP. They did well in a freeroll and went for a superbowl party in vegas.

mike,Nice to see you finally had something going your way, seems like Glen was hitting every card in the deck on you in the cash game lol. I gotta say when glen gets a few MGD's in his system hes a balsy and aggressive player. Nice report I may have to post a summary later also. I think i'm still sweating that 9,3 off vs. AK, thank god it held up I really did'nt want a bad beat story of how ihaveanicepair moved in on me with DN's money and spiked a 3 on the river lol. Adam how did u guys end up doing on monday at bellagio? I'll post some more stuff later once I get out of detox, lolPaul

Hey Dave, waddup man! Had a real nice time playing late into the night with you and Mike. We did all we could to bust Glen but that guy just wouldn't relent. Mike ground his way back to a nice gain as did you! I'm still waiting for my "greatest defending of original buy-in" award. Man was that a marathon sesssion of ice cold cards.I mentioned that I would be back out to Vegas with my wife the first weekend in April and I really want to see how Mike is doing. We'll talk more as the dates get closer. Mike seems to really have a good grasp on the game.Anyway, it was very nice to meet you both. Best of luck to you in with your schooling and hope to meet up with you guys again someday.And congrats on you quad 5's! what a classic Vegas moment dude. Nice.Peace out!Nutz.

Adam,good to hear you guys did well, I will just say that mutually me and T had a bad run of cards, we wanted to play at the bellagio but the wait was too long so we went over to the mirage where we found a 2-5nl game. this will summarize my day, I have A,9 suited and I raise it up to 15 and get one caller flop 9,6,3 rainbow. position 4 limper fires out a weak bet of 15 and I re-raise to 50 total, he contemplates and re-raises me to 150. Now this play screams of strength (ala Doyle Brunson Supersystem) and I was about to fold until I started staring at him and he began to stare right at me, so I ditched the folding Idea and realized that I had the best hand and thought that he had some kind of draw or a weak nine, so I decided to call and see what he did on the turn, turn was an 8 and the guy checked to me so I fired out 100 and he re-raised me all in about 200 more. At this point I could tell by his reaction that I was beat although it seemed unlikely that this guy would re-raise me with pocket 8's or a gutshot I laid it down and he proceeded to show me 10,7 off suit for a miracle gutshot. So that was basically how my day went on monday I could'nt get anything going and dropped a little cash.

That's rough Paul, my gutter was one thing but that one was worth a lot more! Tough fold with TPTK but nice discipline. Too bad you guys didn't end on a winning note, but at least T was playing with winnings, how much did he end up winning from FCP this weekend?!