flopped full house with underpair

I was playing 2 5 nl and raised to 25 with 99the flop was 10 9 10 i toss out about 20 half heartedlyget raised to 100he clearly has a ten do I push or slow play - I pushed and he folded 10 3if it were 8 9 8 i would have slowplayed I think any thoughts?

Boss fulls are definitely o.k. to slowplay. Even if someone has trips, they are only drawing to one out. In cases where you have an underfull, someone could generally have as many as 4 outs against you, discounting the runner runner higher pair potential. If you get action with an underfull then it's o.k. to push. Slowplaying can sometimes set people off on your hand.

NEI. Stack sizes? Player reads?He's only got four outs against you (assuming he doesn't have you drawing dead with quad tens), so I'd be tempted to give him some slack with a bet/call, check/raise line.

I was playing 2 5 nl and raised to 25 with 99the flop was 10 9 10  i toss out about 20 half heartedlyget raised to 100he clearly has a ten do I push or slow play - I pushed and he folded 10 3if it were  8 9 8 i would have slowplayed I think  any thoughts?
How big was your stack? I would have bet more on the flop as you were the preflop raiser and he might put you on an overpair. i would smooth call the flop and check raise the turn.

I think your action was too obvious in this hand.Im not sure of your exact style on continuation bets, but lets say you have AK here heads up. Im guessing that you close to pot this flop in postiion heads up, the 3/4 to pot sized bet to keep the pressure on your table.What i'm getting at, is when you flopped the monster here, you weak bet it begging him for action, then he plays back, and then out of the weeds you jump and push hard. That says strength to me, you were baiting him then pounced.I like the bet strong line on the flop when you lead, IF, you have been the Boss of your table. If they see you keep picking up the small pots, if you are playing the TAG style where each time you are coming in for a raise and slamming down bets on the flop into your opponents weakness. So in this case, don't do anything different, keep pounding away, if they have any sort of anything or if they are sick of your plays they might make a stand here, no reason to change it up and tease them with a little bet or check. Then when he plays back, that's where I would put in my deception. How would u play aces here if you were stubborn, a lot would see this as a spot to just call and hope, so that's what I would do. Bet big, call and then get him more committed on turn. If he overly commits himself, then game over for him and you get him in.I have a hand that played out sort of the same way...66 utg, my table playing weak/tight, so I make i standard raise it. I get a mp call and folds all around. Flop comes down 10 6 2. I pot it, my standard post flop heads up and he comes over the top for less than the pot. This point, no one making stands against me so I know he's strong, but at most playing to 2 outs if he's overpair (like i said table playing weak, wouldn't be unusual to see Q's in his hand). So I just call, I know he's strong but I don't want to give away that im really strong, his raise is still partly information as he has enough of a stack to work with. Turn comes down a blank, and I check, he commits himself so then its an easy push for me, no way he can fold with pot in ratio to his stack. That's about the same line I would take on your hand, except your hand should be more profitable because you have position. Don't give him the extra information on the flop by coming strong on a three bet. Let him be the boss on the turn and hang himself. I think that would work the best.GL at the tables.

NEI. Stack sizes? Player reads?He's only got four outs against you (assuming he doesn't have you drawing dead with quad tens), so I'd be tempted to give him some slack with a bet/call, check/raise line.
Your opponent has four outs on the flop, but if the turn doesn't help him (or give you quad nines) he has 7 outs on the turn. P.S. You're also drawing dead to T9.
Boss fulls are definitely o.k. to slowplay.  Even if someone has trips, they are only drawing to one out.  In cases where you have an underfull, someone could generally have as many as 4 outs against you, discounting the runner runner higher pair potential.  If you get action with an underfull then it's o.k. to push.  Slowplaying can sometimes set people off on your hand.
If the board comes deuce-deuce you also lose.
Don't slowplay an underfull. You playied it ok, but I prefer to lead out with pot bet and hope to get raised, that way he may be pot committed and forced to call your push.
Agreed. If you do this he is much more likely to put you on AA-JJ and will likely call your all-in if he doesn't all-in first.
I think your action was too obvious in this hand.Im not sure of your exact style on continuation bets, but lets say you have AK here heads up. Im guessing that you close to pot this flop in postiion heads up, the 3/4 to pot sized bet to keep the pressure on your table.What i'm getting at, is when you flopped the monster here, you weak bet it begging him for action, then he plays back, and then out of the weeds you jump and push hard. That says strength to me, you were baiting him then pounced.I like the bet strong line on the flop when you lead, IF, you have been the Boss of your table. If they see you keep picking up the small pots, if you are playing the TAG style where each time you are coming in for a raise and slamming down bets on the flop into your opponents weakness. So in this case, don't do anything different, keep pounding away, if they have any sort of anything or if they are sick of your plays they might make a stand here, no reason to change it up and tease them with a little bet or check. Then when he plays back, that's where I would put in my deception. How would u play aces here if you were stubborn, a lot would see this as a spot to just call and hope, so that's what I would do. Bet big, call and then get him more committed on turn. If he overly commits himself, then game over for him and you get him in.I have a hand that played out sort of the same way...66 utg, my table playing weak/tight, so I make i standard raise it. I get a mp call and folds all around. Flop comes down 10 6 2. I pot it, my standard post flop heads up and he comes over the top for less than the pot. This point, no one making stands against me so I know he's strong, but at most playing to 2 outs if he's overpair (like i said table playing weak, wouldn't be unusual to see Q's in his hand). So I just call, I know he's strong but I don't want to give away that im really strong, his raise is still partly information as he has enough of a stack to work with. Turn comes down a blank, and I check, he commits himself so then its an easy push for me, no way he can fold with pot in ratio to his stack. That's about the same line I would take on your hand, except your hand should be more profitable because you have position. Don't give him the extra information on the flop by coming strong on a three bet. Let him be the boss on the turn and hang himself. I think that would work the best.GL at the tables.
Very good response.I usually make the same weak lead as the OP with that type of hand and generally smooth call a flop reraise then check raise the turn after I give villian the green light. This play works 80% of the time against mediocre oppponents with 10J or worse in the same situation.However, lately I have been running into the following dillemma. My opponents are reading my weak lead as STRENGTH and mucking despite my offering of 4-1 or better on the flop. This could be for the following reasons:1) my opponents just happen to be whiffing completely on the flop2) this play is inconsistent with my TAG style (as you mentioned previously) and is setting off alarms3) this play is easily readable if I'm playing tight, or exhibit some level of trickiness in previous hands4) all of the aboveYou mentioned that a pot size bet is a better option because your opponent may commit himself by coming over the top on the flop, then you can esaily reraise allin without worrying about losing action. Doyle advocates this exact play in SS1. However, I find it difficult to make this play because I WANT action on the flop. Doesn't the risk of losing players on the flop outweigh the chances that you'll get someone to commit? I guess you'd have to have a pretty reliable read that your villian is holding an overpair, and will overvalue and commit himself in order to do this.
I think your action was too obvious in this hand.Im not sure of your exact style on continuation bets, but lets say you have AK here heads up.  Im guessing that you close to pot this flop in postiion heads up, the 3/4 to pot sized bet  to keep the pressure on your table.What i'm getting at, is when you flopped the monster here, you weak bet it begging him for action, then he plays back, and then out of the weeds you jump and push hard.  That says strength to me, you were baiting him then pounced.I like the bet strong line on the flop when you lead, IF, you have been the Boss of your table.  If they see you keep picking up the small pots, if you are playing the TAG style where each time you are coming in for a raise and slamming down bets on the flop into your opponents weakness.  So in this case, don't do anything different, keep pounding away, if they have any sort of anything or if they are sick of your plays they might make a stand here, no reason to change it up and tease them with a little bet or check.   Then when he plays back, that's where I would put in my deception.  How would u play aces here if you were stubborn, a lot would see this as a spot to just call and hope, so that's what I would do.  Bet big, call and then get him more committed on turn.  If he overly commits himself, then game over for him and you get him in.I have a hand that played out sort of the same way...66 utg, my table playing weak/tight, so I make i standard raise it.  I get a mp call and folds all around.  Flop comes down 10 6 2.  I pot it, my standard post flop heads up and he comes over the top for less than the pot.  This point, no one making stands against me so I know he's strong, but at most playing to 2 outs if he's overpair (like i said table playing weak, wouldn't be unusual to see Q's in his hand).  So I just call, I know he's strong but I don't want to give away that im really strong, his raise is still partly information as he has enough of a stack to work with.  Turn comes down a blank, and I check, he commits himself so then its an easy push for me, no way he can fold with pot in ratio to his stack.  That's about the same line I would take on your hand, except your hand should be more profitable because you have position.  Don't give him the extra information on the flop by coming strong on a three bet.  Let him be the boss on the turn and hang himself.  I think that would work the best.GL at the tables.
Do you post comments under 1,000 lines long?
Do you post comments under 1,000 lines long?
I dont think so :club: . I don't post very often anymore, and when I do I like to try and get in everything I would be thinking about the hand.As far as the other response, being worried about scaring away the villian with a pot sized bet, you really shouldn't be. He should give you action if he has any sort of reasonable holding. Its much easier to spot a huge hand off a weak lead then a pot sized bet, the weak lead should be making alarm bells ring in his mind.And speaking of supersystem, that's almost the exact style of play I implement at the levels I play at, and it works like a charm here. If you are play TAG, and I mean much more aggressive than your average opponent, they will notice that you are leading on the flop most of the time so when they pick up something they will give you action. This is the same type of flop you are going to bet with your AK or any pair for that matter if you had the lead in the hand. Its like the example where Doyle says he's only risking a regular bet where if his opponent plays back he's risking his whole stack. So the times you fire away your continuation bet, if you get played back on then you only risked that one bet, but this time, you pick up a hand, fire away like usual and you get all your opponents chips.No need to fear losing your opponent. If you do, he never had much of anything anyway. But keep putting in the big bets and when he picks up a hand, you'll stack him, which is a much better result then just taking down a little pot with a big hand.