dont ever do this to me at a poker table.

1. after you put a bad beat on me, dont try to shake hands and say sorry.....i dont want to shake your hand that you masturbated with the night before.....2. dont try and explain to me why you called with a bad hand after you sucked out...3. dont sit next to me if you just ate dinner and now are having a few drinks to wash it down...smelling your burps is freaking nastyJUST SIT AND PLAY AND STFU

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last live tourny I played I put a wicked beat on this biker dude. I pushed with JJ and he called with AA. Flop came all clubs and he had the Ace of clubs taking away one of my outs. I hit the jack of diamonds on the river for a 44 to 1 long shot. Everybody at the table was laughing and I thought the guy was going to kill me. I said nothing, but about 2 minutes later he said, "You could of at least said sorry for that horrible beat". LOL, never had anybody ask me to apologize after giving them a bad beat.

1. after you put a bad beat on me, dont try to shake hands and say sorry.....i dont want to shake your hand that you masturbated with the night before.....2. dont try and explain to me why you called with a bad hand after you sucked out...3. dont sit next to me if you just ate dinner and now are having a few drinks to wash it down...smelling your burps is freaking nastyJUST SIT AND PLAY AND STFU
I have a couple for ya:1) Dont act like you know how to play. You dont. We are playing 1/2 nl or 3/6 or 5/10 or whatever it is we are playing. You dont understand the game well enough to tell me how to act at the table2) Dont yell at the fish when they suck out on you. It pisses me off. I want everybody at the table to feel like they are having a good time. It makes it easier to win money from them. They are having fun so they dont care if they are losing.3) DO NOT talk about any strategy at the table. Not only are you most probably wrong about what you are talking about, but it might actually make the bad players start to think about how they play. And that is never a good thing.4) This one is the most important. Get off my table. You make the mood horrible. Nobody wants to play with a bitter poker player. Life might suck for you, but everybody else is there to have fun. This should cover it. No more sour pusses at the tables!
I have a couple for ya:1) Dont act like you know how to play. You dont. We are playing 1/2 nl or 3/6 or 5/10 or whatever it is we are playing. You dont understand the game well enough to tell me how to act at the table2) Dont yell at the fish when they suck out on you. It censored me off. I want everybody at the table to feel like they are having a good time. It makes it easier to win money from them. They are having fun so they dont care if they are losing.3) DO NOT talk about any strategy at the table. Not only are you most probably wrong about what you are talking about, but it might actually make the bad players start to think about how they play. And that is never a good thing.4) This one is the most important. Get off my table. You make the mood horrible. Nobody wants to play with a bitter poker player. Life might suck for you, but everybody else is there to have fun. This should cover it. No more sour pusses at the tables!
that's very impressive ... oh wait ... you just copied ss2 didn't you?matt
that's very impressive ... oh wait ... you just copied ss2 didn't you?matt
I dont know if its in SS2 or not. Its what Daniel would advise. If you have any questions, then you can just read this article:http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/archive.../negreanu05.htmI truly believe that DN's way of playing cash games will make you the most money and you will have fun too.

Your life at the poker table should be completely different than your life away from it. Money isn't that important. If you get upset at everyone who puts a bad beat on you, it won't be long until you have no friends. Just take them in stride, they will happen.

I have a couple for ya:[snip]This should cover it. No more sour pusses at the tables!
Fair enough, but you seem just as bitter as the OP. I see merits in both your angles. Be respectful at the table, but not overly so. I hate the automatic "ty", "nh" exchange after every hand, regardless of how the hand went down. Not all winning hands are good poker play. I also hate the parting "gg" sendoff. No it wasn't a good game, I lost! These little utterances are so knee-jerk common that it's crossed the line from courteous etiquette to insincere, meaningless blurts.
Fair enough, but you seem just as bitter as the OP. I see merits in both your angles. Be respectful at the table, but not overly so. I hate the automatic "ty", "nh" exchange after every hand, regardless of how the hand went down. Not all winning hands are good poker play. I also hate the parting "gg" sendoff. No it wasn't a good game, I lost! These little utterances are so knee-jerk common that it's crossed the line from courteous etiquette to insincere, meaningless blurts.
Ummmmm, stay on topic. We are talking about live poker :wink: Im just messing with you. Im not bitter, I just cant take it when someone ruins good games for me. Im taking it out on the OP because he is most likely the player that does this. I understand your point about online. The exchanges pretty much are automatic and dont mean much anymore. But I dont have a rpoblem with it. These kinds of things cant bother you or you wont play real well.
I have a couple for ya:[snip]This should cover it. No more sour pusses at the tables!
so what if they're insincere, blow some smoke up their a$$, let them think that they made a good play so that they might make it again. I dont understand how people get offended by what is said at the table. You should have no emotions when you're playing, but what you can do is take advantage of opponents who can't escape it.
You're not the boss of menh
Ummmmm, stay on topic. We are talking about live poker :wink: Im just messing with you. Im not bitter, I just cant take it when someone ruins good games for me. Im taking it out on the OP because he is most likely the player that does this. I understand your point about online. The exchanges pretty much are automatic and dont mean much anymore. But I dont have a rpoblem with it. These kinds of things cant bother you or you wont play real well.
hellllllllll nooooooo...i would never be THAT guy.....i just play man...if someone wants to chit chat, thats cool...ill make small talk...but i dont go rubbing it on peoples faces and try to shake their hand after i give them a bad beat....i won his money thats good enough for me...
you got it all wrong...im not bitter... i have played long enough to give and take enough bad beats to know its all part of poker....OH! one more thing....dont tell me HOW I SHOULD HAVE PLAYED MY HAND...didnt happen to me but the other day at the wynn one dude checked the turn with the best hand and got beat on the river..and the winner said "you should have bet the turn" the other dude got pissed and started yelling..dont tell me how to play my hand..lol
OH! one more thing....dont tell me HOW I SHOULD HAVE PLAYED MY HAND...didnt happen to me but the other day at the wynn one dude checked the turn with the best hand and got beat on the river..and the winner said "you should have bet the turn"   the other dude got censored and started yelling..dont tell me how to play my hand..lol
Which likely was the tilt producting reaction the winner was hoping for.