have you ever experienced...

Skip to last paragraph for my question.I am a lower limit cash game player (online). Yesterday with my bankroll consisting of 300$, I dropped 200$ in an 8 hour session. Has this ever happened to any of you? I play in the 50/1.00 NL tables where the max buy in is 50$. I absolutely did not play badly. One pot, in which I lost 50$ with TT to a flop of 832 rainbow, guy held KK, was badly played on my end. However, the other pots that I lost were ridiculous. Once I flpped top 2 pair and got it all in on flop, guy calls with PP lower than my 2 pair and rivers his set. The other I have AA and raise, guy calls flop is J32 rainbow, he goes all in, I call for 50$ he has QJ off. Rivers a Q. All in all, I had aces cracked 3 times, my all in with JJ on turn to a board of unders gets called by AK, and river is a K. AK another time, flop came AJ3, I bet 20$ guy calls, it goes check on turn, and on river he bets 20$, I call to see him have KT and hit a strt on river. I could go on and on, but I would rather not.My question is: Is 200$ a normal swing for a 50/1.00 NL game? Rather new to the NL cash games and thus is why I asked.

That's a pretty harsh swing - depends on the game and how you played it. What were you raises with AA, what seats were you in compared to the caller, how big was his stack, what kind of player were they etc... - sounds like you may have just run into better players and not have known it. Have to learn to walk away at somepoint. If you go down 50 BB in one session then you may want to consider taking the rest of the day off.

That's a pretty harsh swing - depends on the game and how you played it. What were you raises with AA, what seats were you in compared to the caller, how big was his stack, what kind of player were they etc... - sounds like you may have just run into better players and not have known it. Have to learn to walk away at somepoint. If you go down 50 BB in one session then you may want to consider taking the rest of the day off.
are you kidding me? this was crossposted on RGP, and the answer i give here is the same as there: THIS IS A NORMAL SWING. 200bb is nothing. you should have 1.5k for that game.

have not yet read your RGP post, will do that soon. However, I appreciate your post, because in all seriousness, I thought I had forgot how to play the game. I consider myself a good player, and the ppl at my table were not better by any means. In fact the fact that they were so bad, is why I felt I lost so much. These ppl literally called the flp bet on any gutshot draw. It got so bad, that I actually considered just cashing and walking away from the game. I know that is not the answer, but I literally felt lost.

are you kidding me? this was crossposted on RGP, and the answer i give here is the same as there: THIS IS A NORMAL SWING. 200bb is nothing. you should have 1.5k for that game.
I agree with the Bankroll comment on this. I know many tout a figure of 300x BB to play a limit, but as you have seen one bad session and youve lost 60% of your bankroll.I manage my bankroll differently for different games. Some may find this odd or impractical. I sit at a table weather its .5/.1 or 5/10. I sit with the table maximum and then look look double my money. At which point I leave the table. As I play mainly fixed and PL games all-in plays are fewer and the best hand is usually shown.When I play SNG's. I may play a $10 if I win play the next highest level and so on until I stop or miss the money. i.e $10 then $40 then $100If I cash at the $100 I usually stop as thats a good few hours play. Again I look to do this on Omaha PL SNGs.Finally I dont think your play was poor, but maybe avoid situations where you are entering races and coin tosses.

300xBB is for limit holdem. BB in this instance refers to big bets. proper bankroll for given no limits stakes is 1500xbb where bb refers to big blind. so, a 1500$ roll would be appropriate for this game. but i would never play the .5-1 NL on party anyways. with a max buyin of 50$ its a total crapshoot until you triple up. no room for manouvering whatsoever.

300xBB is for limit holdem. BB in this instance refers to big bets. proper bankroll for given no limits stakes is 1500xbb where bb refers to big blind. so, a 1500$ roll would be appropriate for this game. but i would never play the .5-1 NL on party anyways. with a max buyin of 50$ its a total crapshoot until you triple up. no room for manouvering whatsoever.
ive been saying that for a long time, and nobody listens.... finally, proof that its not just me