poker rules questions (tornament play)

Hello, A few friends and i are disagreeing about a rule..Posting it here to see whos right :)Please only post if you know about these problems for sure.. :club:---------------------Problem #1.In tornament play.Blinds 40-80Player A (first to act) makes it 200Player B callsPlayer C goes all in for 230 total(rest folded)Question: Can player A go all in? Or is he allowed to only fold/call?-----------------------Problem #2In tornament play.Blinds 40-80Only 3 playersPlayer A checksPlayer B bets 80Player C goes All-in for 100Question: Can Player A reraise or is he allowed to only fold/call?

Hello, A few friends and i are disagreeing about a rule..Posting it here to see whos right :)Please only post if you know about these problems for sure.. :club:---------------------Problem #1.In tornament play.Blinds 40-80Player A (first to act) makes it 200Player B callsPlayer C goes all in for 230 total(rest folded)Question: Can player A go all in? Or is he allowed to only fold/call?
No, Player A is only allowed to call or fold, since Player C's all-in is not the required full raise needed to reopen betting for Player A and B.-----------------------
Problem #2In tornament play.Blinds 40-80Only 3 playersPlayer A checksPlayer B bets 80Player C goes All-in for 100Question: Can Player A reraise or is he allowed to only fold/call?
Player A can re-raise, but if Player A only calls, then that is all that Player B can do as well.Google for TDA rules for more information.Patrick
Problem #1.In tornament play.Blinds 40-80Player A (first to act) makes it 200Player B callsPlayer C goes all in for 230 total(rest folded)Question: Can player A go all in? Or is he allowed to only fold/call?
Only fold/call due to the size of Player C's raise.
Problem #2In tornament play.Blinds 40-80Only 3 playersPlayer A checksPlayer B bets 80Player C goes All-in for 100Question: Can Player A reraise or is he allowed to only fold/call?
Raise/fold/call because he still has the option to raise Player B's bet.

I did of course.. :)They agreed with the first problem.. that he could only fold/call.But they also said that in problem #2 player a could only fold/callThey were using the rule from roberts that says.."A player who has already checked or called can not subsequently raise an all-in bet that is less than the full size of the last bet or raise."They said that since he had already acted (checked) that he couldn't reraise.I was pointing out that player B's bet had freed him and the correct size raise had been made and he could reraise no matter what C had done.

lucky_charmz, Thank you for your post, it was full of insight and charm.I mispelled and copied and pasted. :club:
Sorry...I'm one of those spelling dorks who just can't stand to see a typo like that...But at least I was charming about it.
Hello, A few friends and i are disagreeing about a rule..Posting it here to see whos right :)Please only post if you know about these problems for sure.. :club:---------------------Problem #1.In tornament play.Blinds 40-80Player A (first to act) makes it 200Player B callsPlayer C goes all in for 230 total(rest folded)Question: Can player A go all in? Or is he allowed to only fold/call?player A only can call or fold...since player A raised 120 more....player C went all in for 30 more that is not considered a legal raise so player A and B only can call or fold-----------------------Problem #2In tornament play.Blinds 40-80Only 3 playersPlayer A checksPlayer B bets 80Player C goes All-in for 100Question: Can Player A reraise or is he allowed to only fold/call?
same answer as the first..call or fold..not a legit raise..has to be atleast 160
Hello, A few friends and i are disagreeing about a rule..Posting it here to see whos right :)Please only post if you know about these problems for sure.. :club:---------------------Problem #1.In tornament play.Blinds 40-80Player A (first to act) makes it 200Player B callsPlayer C goes all in for 230 total(rest folded)Question: Can player A go all in? Or is he allowed to only fold/call?player A only can call or fold...since player A raised 120 more....player C went all in for 30 more that is not considered a legal raise so player A and B only can call or fold-----------------------Problem #2In tornament play.Blinds 40-80Only 3 playersPlayer A checksPlayer B bets 80Player C goes All-in for 100Question: Can Player A reraise or is he allowed to only fold/call?
same answer as the first..call or fold..not a legit raise..has to be atleast 160
Actually, no. Player A can still act on Player B's original bet of 80. The all-in by Player C does not effect his ability to do so.Patrick