rather win wsop main event or $50k horse event?

The Main Event, simply because there'll be much much more money in it.
I find it hard to believe someone could intelligently make this statement with no real idea as to the number of entrants or the payout structure of the 50k event.
You're joking, right?
Not in the least. How do any of us have any idea how many people are going to register for the 50k HORSE event? I'm not saying there won't be more money for first place in the main event, but how the hell would anyone know?
because i can gauruntee that the horse event will not have at least 800 entrants.
I honestly get dumber every time I read one of your posts. You yank this 800 out of your ass or did you actually put some thought into it? Don't reply to me.
thats(800 entrants)the only way the horse tournies 1st prize is going to be able to match the main events 1st prize.if u still dont agree with what im saying, we can make a bet instead of flaming eachother like little kids.edit...ill lay u 10 to 1 that the main events 1st prize will be more than the 50k's 1st prize...any amount u want.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

--Bold; Maybe. Who knows? That's my only point.
I do. I'd wager my net worth on it. Who, do you suppose, will be willing to pony up $5k to play a super satellite hoping to gain entry into a tournament with the toughest field of top professionals for any tournament ever where they have almost no chance of cashing? There will be a few amateur idiots for whom the money is no concern, but not many. They'd be better off setting that $50k entry fee on fire.
I'm not arguing with you about the means with which people would come up with the money. My point--and my only point--has been that there's no way to tell how many people are going to register.I tend to agree that there's probably not going to be more than 300 players, but what the hell do I know?There's a lot of lower level mixed game players that you're not considering, 100-200, 300-600, 400-800, 500-1000, 1k-2k, and just people with a lot of money who think they're very good that could come up with the money. Not to mention the fact that people could find backing very easily for an event like this if they had any kind of name or skill. I think it's rather amusing than people--and not you, mk--jump up my ass like I said there WOULD be more money for first place as oppposed to the POSSIBILITY of there being more for first place. The level of critical thinking on this forum is nauseating.
I honestly get dumber every time I read one of your posts.  You yank this 800 out of your ass or did you actually put some thought into it?  Don't reply to me.
Yikes. Leave your common sense at home this morning? You need to relax and realize that you're the one being ridiculous here.

the main event will have the higher payout, however, i dont understand why everyone is so quick to assume that the wsop winner will have greater endorsement deals. here are some pts,- at this pt dont you think the poker sites are looking to endorse someone for a reason other than winning the main event. wouldnt an event like this be perfect? endorsing the "all-around best" player. - wouldnt winning this event give you credibility in writing some sort of book on play in all 5 games. would anyone buy a book by joe hachem on holdem? now people out there looking to learn more games than just holdem. wouldnt they consider buying a book from whoever wins this event?- the respect from poker pros will prob be higher for winning this event than the main event. and the poker mags are in tune to who the new respected players are. these are the ones they want to do articles on. articles = exposure, exposure = popularity, popularity = endorsements. im not saying this event is more appealing as far as endorsements are concerned, im just saying im not absolutely convinced its not.

thats(800 entrants)the  only way the horse tournies 1st prize is going to be able to match the main events 1st prize.if u still dont agree with  what im saying, we can make a bet instead of flaming eachother like little kids.edit...ill lay u 10 to 1 that the main events 1st prize will be more than the 50k's 1st prize...any amount u want.
You're a complete fucking idiot. Show me where I said that there would be more money for 1st place in the 50k event?You remember this weekend when you were sure there was a glitch in FCP because they had that added money tourney and were giving away seats to the Grand Tournament? And you refused to believe that it wasn't a glitch? Because how could they do that, they're losing money?You lost all credibility you had then. Fuckin' tard.
I honestly get dumber every time I read one of your posts.  You yank this 800 out of your ass or did you actually put some thought into it?  Don't reply to me.
Yikes. Leave your common sense at home this morning? You need to relax and realize that you're the one being ridiculous here.
How so? Because I said there's no way for internet message board heroes like us to know how many people are going to register for the 50k event? ..that's all I ever said. I never said there WOULD be more money for first place in the 50k event, did I?
thats(800 entrants)the  only way the horse tournies 1st prize is going to be able to match the main events 1st prize.if u still dont agree with  what im saying, we can make a bet instead of flaming eachother like little kids.edit...ill lay u 10 to 1 that the main events 1st prize will be more than the 50k's 1st prize...any amount u want.
You're a complete fucking idiot. Show me where I said that there would be more money for 1st place in the 50k event?You remember this weekend when you were sure there was a glitch in FCP because they had that added money tourney and were giving away seats to the Grand Tournament? And you refused to believe that it wasn't a glitch? Because how could they do that, they're losing money?You lost all credibility you had then. Fuckin' tard.
there u go, trying to change the subject again...lol...the only reason y i was thinking it was a glith is because they dont mention anywhere that they are adding 10 seats...in all other tournies, if there is any money added, its mentioned...anyways, back to the topic...are we betting or not?
thats(800 entrants)the only way the horse tournies 1st prize is going to be able to match the main events 1st prize.if u still dont agree with what im saying, we can make a bet instead of flaming eachother like little kids.edit...ill lay u 10 to 1 that the main events 1st prize will be more than the 50k's 1st prize...any amount u want.
there u go, trying to change the subject again...lol...the only reason y i was thinking it was a glith is because they dont mention anywhere that they are adding 10 in seats...in all other tournies, if there is any money added, its mentioned...anyways, back to the topic...are we betting or not?
You're pretty fucking dense, aren't you?We'll bet as soon as you show me that I said there'd be more money for first place in the 50k event than there would be for the 10k main event. I'll lay you 20-1 you can't find it. Any amount.
How so? Because I said there's no way for internet message board heroes like us to know how many people are going to register for the 50k event? ..that's all I ever said. I never said there WOULD be more money for first place in the 50k event, did I?
You're right, you never said that. You insinuated that it's a possibility...which I think is EXTREMELY unrealistic (but I guess could happen).I just think you're being a huge prick in this thread for no reason. Girl troubles again?[/i]
Show me where I said that there would be more money for 1st place in the 50k event?
check quout under this sentence..
I find it hard to believe someone could intelligently make this statement with no real idea as to the number of entrants or the payout structure of the 50k event.
You're right, you never said that. You insinuated that it's a possibility...which I think is EXTREMELY unrealistic (but I guess could happen).I just think you're being a huge prick in this thread for no reason. Girl troubles again?
Fuck you.
I'm not arguing with you about the means with which people would come up with the money. My point--and my only point--has been that there's no way to tell how many people are going to register.I tend to agree that there's probably not going to be more than 300 players, but what the hell do I know?There's a lot of lower level mixed game players that you're not considering, 100-200, 300-600, 400-800, 500-1000, 1k-2k, and just people with a lot of money who think they're very good that could come up with the money. Not to mention the fact that people could find backing very easily for an event like this if they had any kind of name or skill. I think it's rather amusing than people--and not you, mk--jump up my ass like I said there WOULD be more money for first place as oppposed to the POSSIBILITY of there being more for first place. The level of critical thinking on this forum is nauseating.
You're talking about an internet poker forum poll; it's just an innocent question to get people talking. Everyone seems to agree, including you, that in all likelihood the main event will have a bigger first place prize. Is it so wrong to have that assumption when voting in the poll? If somehow the HORSE tourney got a lot of entrants and has a bigger payout it's not like someone will say, "No, I'm sorry, you voted for the Main Event, you're not allowed to win this HORSE tournament."
You're right, you never said that. You insinuated that it's a possibility...which I think is EXTREMELY unrealistic (but I guess could happen).I just think you're being a huge prick in this thread for no reason. Girl troubles again?
censored you.
:club: Well, you better try to fuck me, because apparently you're not fucking anyone else these days. :wink:
Show me where I said that there would be more money for 1st place in the 50k event?
...What is this supposed to show me?
censored you.
:club:Well, you better try to fuck me, because apparently you're not fucking anyone else these days. :wink:
lolllllllllllllllllll....pwnage :D
- at this pt dont you think the poker sites are looking to endorse someone for a reason other than winning the main event. wouldnt an event like this be perfect? endorsing the "all-around best" player.
maybe...i think they want to endorse people that the general public will recognize the most...which will be the main event winner. remember, poker sites don't need to advertise to poker players (we're already there). they need to advertise to the weekend warrier that plays with their buddies...or maybe is just bored during the day...and watches the ESPN episodes. Do you want to be endorsed by a guy from one episode with a bunch of games the general public doesn't understand, or the guy from 8 episodes that won the whole thing?
- wouldnt winning this event give you credibility in writing some sort of book on play in all 5 games. would anyone buy a book by joe hachem on holdem? now people out there looking to learn more games than just holdem. wouldnt they consider buying a book from whoever wins this event?
maybe..
- the respect from poker pros will prob be higher for winning this event than the main event. and the poker mags are in tune to who the new respected players are. these are the ones they want to do articles on. articles = exposure, exposure = popularity, popularity = endorsements.
no. they want to do articles about people who have the most exposure...and will be the guy who is on 8 main event episodes and the "world champion"
...What is this supposed to show me?
basicly, ur calling the guy a retard because he is assuming that the main event is going to have a bigger 1st prize.
I tend to agree that there's probably not going to be more than 300 players, but what the hell do I know?There's a lot of lower level mixed game players that you're not considering, 100-200, 300-600, 400-800, 500-1000, 1k-2k, and just people with a lot of money who think they're very good that could come up with the money. Not to mention the fact that people could find backing very easily for an event like this if they had any kind of name or skill.
I enjoy having discussions with you DD, so I hope you don't think I'm being obtuse here, but here's the thing: (And I don't mean to sound condescending with this, but I'm going to.) I know you're in college and playing poker and stuff, but in the real world, $50k is a lot of money to just about everybody. It's a lot of money even to people who play $100-200. Think about it: if they manage their bankroll well and have a 500 BB bankroll, $50k is halftheir roll. I don't doubt that there are plenty of grinders out there who've done very well and want to take their shot at this, but it's still a lot of money.Hell, I bet Smash would want to play if he didn't think tourneys are for suckers.

I think u guys need to stop teamin up on drawing dead, He never said there would be more money in the horse tourny, all he said was its possible wich it is.I must say that u couldn't possibly have any clue as to how many people will be in the horse tourny. There is so many rich people out there, it wouldn't be a shock if the horse tourny was 700 deep.I don't think u were being a dick drawing dead

I tend to agree that there's probably not going to be more than 300 players, but what the hell do I know?There's a lot of lower level mixed game players that you're not considering, 100-200, 300-600, 400-800, 500-1000, 1k-2k, and just people with a lot of money who think they're very good that could come up with the money. Not to mention the fact that people could find backing very easily for an event like this if they had any kind of name or skill.
I enjoy having discussions with you DD, so I hope you don't think I'm being obtuse here, but here's the thing: (And I don't mean to sound condescending with this, but I'm going to.) I know you're in college and playing poker and stuff, but in the real world, $50k is a lot of money to just about everybody. It's a lot of money even to people who play $100-200. Think about it: if they manage their bankroll well and have a 500 BB bankroll, $50k is halftheir roll. I don't doubt that there are plenty of grinders out there who've done very well and want to take their shot at this, but it's still a lot of money.Hell, I bet Smash would want to play if he didn't think tourneys are for suckers.
No, I realize full well that 50k is a lot of money. That's why I said I don't think you'd find more than probably 300 or so. But at the same time, I don't think 50k would be all too hard to come by if you were a solid player playing 300/600 up to 1k/2k. Eskimo Clark managed to get 10k for the main event, right?

Very Simple, just decide why you play.Do you play because you love the game, want to be the best and are not too concerned about the money? Then it's the HORSE event for you.Do you play to make money? WSOP Main EventEnd of discussion.I owe rent, car payments ... I play for money

I think u guys need to stop teamin up on drawing dead, He never said there would be more money in the horse tourny, all he said was its possible wich it is.I must say that u couldn't possibly have any clue as to how many people will be in the horse tourny. There is so many rich people out there, it wouldn't be a shock if the horse tourny was 700 deep.I don't think u were being a dick drawing dead
Yeah, what he said. :club:

Everybody stop arguing. It makes your penis smaller.Here's my answer:I'd rather BE ABLE to win the HORSE tourney, but I'd rather have the (projected) money from the first prize of the ME.Thank you. That is all.

Here's my answer:I'd rather BE ABLE to win the HORSE tourney, but I'd rather have the (projected) money from the first prize of the ME.But I don't have the means to play either.
FYPBut you're right.