official borgata final table thread

Pretty sick call here by Dags what do you guys think?D'Agostino Doubles Through "The Grinder" Log: Amnon Filippi has the button. Michael Mizrachi limps and John D’Agostino raises to $130,000. Mizrachi calls. With a flop of As-Qh-7h, Dags bets $230,000 and Mizrachi moves all in. D’Agostino calls and shows K-K. Mizrachi show 4h-2h for a flush draw. The turn is the 3s. The river brings the 7s and John D’Agostino doubles up.
I think it's an easy call. The Grinder would raise with any ace, any queen and high card, and any pair. By just limping and calling the raise, you can take out a hand with any ace, and a hand like pocket 7's'. Only hand that Dags would be behind on the flop, based on the pre-flop action is Q-7. And even then, The Grinder might raise that pre-flop.
Not necessarly. The pros definately like to mix it up against each other. In fact, they limp with an ace quite a bit. On another note: This cardplayer coverage sucks.
Pretty sick call here by Dags what do you guys think?D'Agostino Doubles Through "The Grinder" Log: Amnon Filippi has the button. Michael Mizrachi limps and John D’Agostino raises to $130,000. Mizrachi calls. With a flop of As-Qh-7h, Dags bets $230,000 and Mizrachi moves all in. D’Agostino calls and shows K-K. Mizrachi show 4h-2h for a flush draw. The turn is the 3s. The river brings the 7s and John D’Agostino doubles up.
I think it's an easy call. The Grinder would raise with any ace, any queen and high card, and any pair. By just limping and calling the raise, you can take out a hand with any ace, and a hand like pocket 7's'. Only hand that Dags would be behind on the flop, based on the pre-flop action is Q-7. And even then, The Grinder might raise that pre-flop.
Easy? Come on bro' that isn't easy. For your tournament life at a TV table i mean if he's wrong it's his tournament. It's at least a very good call.

Because of the crapshoot that is the WPT final tables, I don't see The Grinder just limping in with an Ace. Other players might be different, but I don't see the Grinder doing it.Also if you look back to the previous hands that they showed the hands, every time the Grinder hand an ace, he raised.

Because of the crapshoot that is the WPT final tables, I don't see The Grinder just limping in with an Ace. Other players might be different, but I don't see the Grinder doing it.Also if you look back to the previous hands that they showed the hands, every time the Grinder hand an ace, he raised.
I'm not saying that your wrong. I'm just saying that it is not an easy call.
I'm not saying that your wrong. I'm just saying that it is not an easy call.
Against other players, it would not be an easy call, but IMO, against The Grinder, and based on the pre-flop action, it's an easy call. What hands would The Grinder limp, and call a raise with? With tricky players, it would be hard to put them on a hand, but based upon what I have seen and read about The Grinder, I rule out him limping and calling a raise with an ace, or a pair like queens or 7's.

Amnon has definitely been around the pro tourny circuit... this just happened to be his first WPT tv table.. I sat next to him durring the WPF at Foxwoods... he's a good player and real cool guy. I'm happy that he finally made the big final table.

The two remaining players are on a quick break while they are preparing the money presentation with the lovely Borgata Babes. They have also brought out the 2006 Cadillac Escalade that goes to the winner.
That's a nice added value to winning this thing. I wondered why sponsors hadn't already lined up to start doing this sort of thing for WPT final tables.
I won't the grinder to take this down. Second in Tunica and a first in AC In pritty much the same month, that would be one hell of a run.
please explain what this means, I do not speak fluent jibberish.
I won't the grinder to take this down. Second in Tunica and a first in AC In pritty much the same month, that would be one hell of a run.
One more final table with a >4 finish (I think) gives him WPT player of the year. Hopefully he beats Gavin Smith. I don't know why, but I can't stand him, no matter how good he is.I probably don't like him because he beat Ted in the mirage.

i like the grinder, anybody who can make that many final tables at big events obviously has crazy skills. It seems like every big tournament after day 1 he is near the top 5 in chips. He obviously don't always cash in those tournaments but he seems to jsut be consistently strong. Also, I don't get why people don't like him, yes he seems to be big and maybe kinda stupid but he has never been anything but a nice guy at every televised poker event he has been on. What's not to like?

i like the grinder, anybody who can make that many final tables at big events obviously has crazy skills. It seems like every big tournament after day 1 he is near the top 5 in chips. He obviously don't always cash in those tournaments but he seems to jsut be consistently strong. Also, I don't get why people don't like him, yes he seems to be big and maybe kinda stupid but he has never been anything but a nice guy at every televised poker event he has been on. What's not to like?
I don't like how he looked at WPO last year, with his orange hat and purple jacket. I first thought he was a gangsta, but he redeemed himself at LAPC.

Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi Wins The Borgata Winter Poker Open ($1,173,373)Log: Mizrachi has the button and limps in. D'Agostino checks. The flop comes Jc-9h-6s Dags checks and Mizrachi bets $120,000. Dags calls. The 2s comes on the turn. Dags checks and Mizrachi bets $425,000. Dags moves all in and Mizrachi calls. Mizrachi has Jh-6c for two pair and Dags have Ks-10d for a gutshot straight draw. The river is the 10h and Michael Mizrachi has won the tournament.John D'Agostino is eliminated from the tournament and wins $591,312.From Card Player.

Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi Wins The Borgata Winter Poker Open ($1,173,373)Log: Mizrachi has the button and limps in. D'Agostino checks. The flop comes Jc-9h-6s Dags checks and Mizrachi bets $120,000. Dags calls. The 2s comes on the turn. Dags checks and Mizrachi bets $425,000. Dags moves all in and Mizrachi calls. Mizrachi has Jh-6c for two pair and Dags have Ks-10d for a gutshot straight draw. The river is the 10h and Michael Mizrachi has won the tournament.John D'Agostino is eliminated from the tournament and wins $591,312.From Card Player.
Your a tad late.