womans players are easy.....

CarWarfe, It is not rocket science. I really don't care about reads I just know that you or anybody else cannot read me. It is impossible. I can convince myself my hand sucks and if I think my hand sucks then what are you going to pick up. So, you happen to win the hand and then you convince yourself I had some kind of tell like I scratched my nose. Well my nose itched. WTF.
There's a thing called betting patterns that one cant disguise by "convincing" himself that he has a bad hand.If you have a strong hand, you're going to play it like you play strong hands. If you don't you'll lose or make no money with these hands, which nobody would do because it makes no sense. Players play certain types of hands in similar ways, after sitting in a game with you for a considerable amount of time, "it is not rocket science" to figure out what you're holding by how you're acting. :roll:
no no, cardwarfare, tgarfield's completely right here. tells don't matter at all. I'd actually like to prove this to him by playing a few sessions of 5/10 NLHE with him, you know, to show him how impossible it is for me to read him
Actually Shake, you're right. I was just messing with the newb. All of US know tells dont matter, but we don't want that getting out. Tgarfield is probably eligible to sit with us in a live game somewhere now. You know, since he figured it out and stuff. Just as long as he brings at least 10 buy ins :club:
CarWarfe, It is not rocket science. I really don't care about reads I just know that you or anybody else cannot read me. It is impossible. I can convince myself my hand sucks and if I think my hand sucks then what are you going to pick up. So, you happen to win the hand and then you convince yourself I had some kind of tell like I scratched my nose. Well my nose itched. WTF.
LTS/MMTE learn to spell/make millions teaching english
fyp
If you all are  so smart why are you still working at Walmart and not making millions with your "rocket science" reads.  Don't even bother to answer.FY/SDA
I happen to like WalMart.They now carry the Phil Hellmuth clothing line.and I like you too :wink:

Don't be a moron. If you are going to post something like, "Tells and Reads don't count for nothing" then expect to get called out on it! I don't know how long you have been playing poker but it is Obvious you don't know DiDley about the game. MAybe you should hit Walmart and pick up "Poker for Dummies" THis is not a joke or a CUT. I honestly think it would improve your game and you can move up from the .10 - .20 cent limit game you play on line:)

Okay......now time for my two cents. I am a woman and I do have the right to voice my opinion on this matter. I have been told by several of my colleagues that I play poker like a guy. It is true, women for the most part do play a bit tighter than men and that men are more aggressive by nature. However, most women are more intuitive than men and can pick up on more things and are a bit more aware of their surroundings than most men. I myself do play tight for only part of the game and then I mix up my game. But I am in no way predictable. If I start to believe that I'm being predictable, I will switch my game erratically....but not to the point that I'm ATT, a donkey, or a fish.My heads up play is extremely more aggressive than when I start with 9 other people on a table. But I also do bluff from time to time. My ability to be more analytical, psychological, and the ability to trust my intuition using the knowledge I have about poker and the fact that I can read people extremely well in a live game makes me an extremely decent player. Now I also will admit that I have some holes in my game, but I am learning to "plug" them rather quickly, and when I do.....In the next 2-3 yrs I will be at the Main Event Final Table.....who knows? Maybe I'll even go on to win it, but it will be one, long, hard journey. But I'm ready to take it on full blast, and enjoy the ride.

Oh yeah....and as far as the donkey who said that tells don't count. please if you ever come to NEbraska, I would love to play you in a cash game. And take you money....oops I mean test your theory to mine. :club::D :twisted:

Cemo: As the old adage says, those who can't do - talk, and talk incessantly, and those who do - DO!!! Case in point, you and your mindless threads.As in everything in life, there are things in poker that men are better at than women and things that women are better at than men, and frankly, you and your pathetic threads are ignorant and misogynistic. People are people, it has nothing to do with men or women, I have seen some women who are more aggressive at betting than their male counterparts, and some who play tighter and get their money in with the best hand more often than any male player I have had the opportunity to play with...THUS, your theories are as weak as your threads are.I appreciate some of the other comments on this thread made by other FCPer's as insightful, but I am sure they also recognize that it is probably just a matter of time until a woman takes down some of the the main events. With the number/percentage of women to men players, it is a feat akin to climbing MOUNT EVEREST, in actual numbers for a woman player to weed through a male-dominated field to place in a poker tournament. It has nothing to do with women players and their abilities (or your suggested lack-there-of), as a matter a fact, if you take the percentage of women players per the number of entrants, i.e. a tournament of 100 players and 5 are women, if a woman wades through the field to make it to the top three places, that is a significant/huge accomplishment for a "woman"/person compromising only 5% of the field to place, much less win the tournament.If you looked past your male-chauvinistic tunnel vision ignorant view point, you would be supporting and cheering on women in the field of poker instead of trying to pretend you have a "set" that you obviously don't have....Luckily we have men on this site that appreciate women for the players they have been through the years and the force we are becoming...

YOu should look at yourself before judging others! You are rude and very ignorant. The post is a gteway into conversation and debate. For you too say that woman are the same as men is obsurd! So I guess woman posess the same strength, mental capacity, endurance and intellect as men? I don't want to sound one side but you are an IDIOT. If we put Poker into the context of Sports men will always be dominant. NO argument about it! PLay Tennis, Soccer basketball or Even Chess and let me know when you can beat a man. NOw I realize Poker is more mental then physical, but is it it proven that men are smarter then woman? Einstein, Edison, Ford, Orville brothers? Woman HAve made progress but there place is not on a poker table. THey will never be a force in the game. This is reality. I would welcome you to play at my table anytime......

Cemo: The response that you put above is my case in point...you are such an incredibly ignorant person, I would say man, but I don't even know for sure if you belong in that capacity, as I said, I don't think you have grown your set yet. No where above did I say that men and women are the SAME, I said they have different strengths, and I would love to meet you heads up, anywhere, anytime, as I guarantee that I would send you away from the poker table broke, not necessarily because of my superior poker skills, but I can tell already that I have the intellectual advantage and just knowing that you are playing with a woman and have the possibility of losing would be enough to already have you on tilt to my advantage....welcome to my table anytime Cemo. As far as if women are as smart as men, that is a incredibly stupid post, and I won't even dignify it, as there are brilliant women all through time, just as intelligent and just as honored as those you have mentioned above....This will be the last time I spend my time on your pee brain opinions, as I know from your response, you are no man's equal (much less a woman's)....

Listen, You are obviously a Feminist with issues. YOu need to take a step back and get a grip on REALITY. Wake up and smell the coffee. Woman are great and we can all agree they do some things exceptionally well, but when it comes to POKER they are no where near a man's level. YOu act like you are some Poker Pro and you welcome me to your table anytime. I am sorry but that is an invitation I would refuse just based on the fact that you are an uptight, unrealistic, BUTCHY and pobably smell like a PIG. Do you have a shaved head with hair under your arms??? If you are serious about playing then I can play at ultimatebet.com anytime for any amount. If you want .10 - .20 cents limit will suit you just fine as I would feel terribly guilty about taking all your welfare check in one sitting. How else would your 5 children from 5 different fathers eat:)Sincerly a MAN!!!!

Listen, With all due respect, woman players are naturally weaker at poker. There physically and emotionally not strong enough to play a long tournament against men. Don't get me wrong I love woman. I am all for equal oppurtunity but in Poker I think they are at a disadvantage. 1. Too emotional2. Easy read3. Too cautiousI especially think Annie Duke is WAY Overated. At least KAthy Liebert has performed well. There is always exceptions to the rule. Poker is a mans game!
This is quite funny, especially since I have never thrown my chips across the table, leave the room, slam the door and yell I hate losing to f'ing women.
Listen, With all due respect, woman players are naturally weaker at poker. There physically and emotionally not strong enough to play a long tournament against men. Don't get me wrong I love woman. I am all for equal oppurtunity but in Poker I think they are at a disadvantage. 1. Too emotional2. Easy read3. Too cautiousI especially think Annie Duke is WAY Overated. At least KAthy Liebert has performed well. There is always exceptions to the rule. Poker is a mans game!
This is quite funny, especially since I have never thrown my chips across the table, leave the room, slam the door and yell I hate losing to f'ing women.
You would never lose with me, my love. Do not worry about the chips, Think of me and all your dreams will come true.

Listen Theresa, There are the occasional female players that perform well. What I have noticed in my 10 years of playing is that the majority of females play tight, predicatable games. You may be an exception but even you can admit that you would rather have Annie Duke at your final table then Phil Ivey or Daniel for that matter?

You know is tunnel-visioned people like yourself who judge, based on a small few.....But I have a few things to remedy that and the sources to back them up. Find some source that says men are smarter than women. If that's the case then men would have found a way for them to self reproduce and have the capability to have children.Just a few things I've found:1) Taken from: http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/wome.html2)Taken from: http://www.sobran.com/wanderer/w2005/w050127.shtmlOn standardized tests, as is well known, women outscore men in verbal skills, while men outscore women in math and science. If these results indicate “discrimination,” it would seem that both sexes are victims. Maybe we should look for another explanation. Nearly all the most prominent mathematicians and scientists have been men. This must be evidence of something, but what? Not long ago, three of the world’s top chess players were girl prodigies — sisters, in fact. That suggests that women are fully capable of abstruse thinking, even under pressure. So do innumerable other female achievements3) Taken from: http://www.pokernews.com/news/2005/05/poke...corner-five.htmI have a question for the Poker Counselor on pokernews. Does he think that women are better players than guys? - Submitted via email by Amber at Kentucky University Psychologists and Counselors always hate to speak in generalizations. It is simply too hard for us to make a blanket statement that covers an entire group, as there are always exceptions to any larger assumption. It gets especially tough when we are asked these types of "women vs. men" questions. But, since you've asked, I suppose I'll answer the best that I can. Sorry guys, you're not going to like what you read! In general (remember, there are always exceptions), I strongly believe that women are more likely to make successful poker players than men. Let's say that 100 women and 100 men are given the same poker experiences and background knowledge. I'd guess that of those final 200 players, about 13-14 of the top 20 overall players would be female! Let's face it gentlemen, they have many characteristics that we often lack that helps them in their poker career. Foremost, I see their keen handle and understanding on human emotionality as a primary helping factor. This understanding of emotions and motivation is the underlying force behind the mysterious "instincts" or "female intuition." Naturally, women are more observant. Along with that, they are often more accurate when evaluating and judging what they've seen, especially as it pertains to judging people. They would be more accurate (in the long run) of judging if opponents liked their hands, loved their hands, or hated their hands. Likewise, women are more able to keep from tilting. Women like to take time to think things through. We men are likely to react. Out-thinking bad beats, and reassuring yourself that you've played correctly but been unlucky, is a good strategy to avoid tilting on future hands. Men often get consumed by the sense of unfairness, discontent, and let anger arise to the surface. I see patience as another plus for the female gender. Aggression make be rewarded in some tournament situations, but most poker veterans will still assure you that patience pays off in poker in the long run. Men are more likely to crave action, causing their patience to wear thin over time. Overall, though, I love poker because almost anyone can be successful with hard work and discipline. From young to old, women or men, wheel-chair bound to athletic, all of us can dream of scoring a win at a big tournament one day! 4) Taken from: http://www.poker-babes.com/strategy/women.html5) Taken from: http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/a...d=13765&m_id=82And to end my point 6) Taken from: http://www.playwinningpoker.com/rgp/early00.htmlSo you know what you can do with that "sexist" point of view? Just take it like a man and I have no problem playing with you. Live would be better though.

Let me say, I am a woman, and I sort of aggree with the OP. But you can not stereotype this to ALL women. I play in a poker league which is 18 weeks long. The first league I played in was the one previous to the current session I am playing in now. I was in first place from week 1, all the way till the last week, when another FEMALE beat me out of first by 1 point. This league has about 35 guys and 4 females. The top two finishers were both females. This session, this week is the last week, and I am in first again, and have been there since week 2! 2nd on down is soooo far behind, that there is no way they can catch up. So you see there are exceptions to this. But I do have to say, when I play in tournies around the area, alot of the females do seem weaker than alot of the men, but you have to remember, most of those females are there because their husband or boyfriend is playing in that tournie or ring game, and brought them along. Most of those weaker females don't take the game very seriously, they just play for fun. Anyone, female of male, who takes the game seriously, can be just as big of a threat as the next person. I think that any female who takes the game seriously, has much more of an edge over the male counterpart, because the men think of them as weak, and us females can just bait you right in. Women can also control tilt alot better, and can use alot more control and dicipline than men can. The guys in the league I play in used to think of me as a "weak little girl", untill I had to show them whats up. Now I am the most feared opponent at the table, the way I like it!

cemo76 has been making a great run at biggest moron on fcp...but I think that tgarfield2000 may take first prize. Congrats to both of you for proving that some people have absolutely no logical reasoning skills.

Hey ladies... I'm kinda known as the forum stud, just so you'll know.I'll be over here in the corner looking sexy if, you know, you wanna hook up

Hey ladies... I'm kinda known as the forum stud, just so you'll know.I'll be over here in the corner looking sexy if, you know, you wanna hook up
Is this restricted to the ladies?Or can speedz get a piece of that action?
Woman think that Poker is Easy. Because in everyday life most attractive woman can get men to do mostly anything they want, they in turn think the same in Poker. But they are dead wrong. Poker and Sex don't mix. When I am at the table its all about the CASH!!! You might be hot but I will still take the dough, just smile more while doing it. Woman need to think outside of the box and stop attempting to play so tight. Woman players will never be the best. Thats why the wsop has an all womans event. Give one of them a chance to win a bracelet.YOu know its true....
Anyone ever see that episode of friends with Ross and everyone playing poker? I think this guy got taken by some girl for a lot of money cause she used her assets and distracted him.

I just wanted to say that although there are some women that use their "assets" to distract men, I use my skill to just outplay them more often than not. But there are those that do! Now if there were only flirtatious, sexy men who could possibly distract me from my game.... that would be bad news. :club::D:D:D