$100,000-200,000 limit holdem beal at wynn

I think they all refused to play him at those stakes ?I know this most recent session those are the stakes he wanted to start with 100 200kThe corp wouldn't do it and wanted to start 30 60 and they setteled on 50 100My point is i don't think if ivy wouldn't play him at those stakes it was entirely his choice, but what do i know
Read the book. Ivey was asked to play $50K-$100K he said no (for whatever reason). Jennifer had to get up early and play him.They played $50K-$100K and $100K-$200K before, those have been the highest stakes they've played.
Daniel just made it clear that it wasn't the money that made him not want to play. But really how would Daniel know? Oh, maybe because he acutally knows the people involved, maybe thats how. Just maybe Michael Criag didn't clear it up.
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they all refused to play him at those stakes ?I know this most recent session those are the stakes he wanted to start with 100 200kThe corp wouldn't do it and wanted to start 30 60 and they setteled on 50 100My point is i don't think if ivy wouldn't play him at those stakes it was entirely his choice, but what do i know
Read the book. Ivey was asked to play $50K-$100K he said no (for whatever reason). Jennifer had to get up early and play him.They played $50K-$100K and $100K-$200K before, those have been the highest stakes they've played.
I haven't read the book but i do know from what ive read that the pros don't wan't to play him at those levels, so all im sayin is im sure he wasn't afraid maybe he just didn't think it was +EV
They have played those stakes against him before.They were trying to start lower because Andy has a history of lobbying for raising the stakes when he gets stuck. They try to accomodate him because they want his action. They want to start lower to leave room for the stakes to go up. If Andy did get stuck $10 mil they would possibly jump up to $100K-$200K but if they started there where do you go with their bankroll?
Where u just recaping everything i said or where u trying to argue with me. cause i think everything u just said i pretty muched covered in the posts u quoted
Y'all are hearing some crazy nonsense. Ivey would play $1,000,000-$2,000,000 with a $50,000,000 bankroll. He ain't scared of nothing.
End of discussion.
I think you win the contest for number of postes immediatly following a Daniel post.
Get Ivey in the game, he wouldn't blink at the stakes. The ice in his veins may melt and allow the blood to flow for once.
Last time they played Ivey was the one most affected by the large stakes.
I am not sure where you got that, because it doesn't say that in the copy of the book that I bought (assuming your getting information about the last time they played from the book)
I'm not sure you can say difinitively that he was "affected by the large stakes" but it is in the book that he refused to play when the stakes went up to either $50K-$100K or $100K-$200K whichever they were at at the time.Check page 231.
Not playing and being affected by playing are two different things.
Well he couldn't be "affected by playing" because he refused to play when the stakes went up.
He had never played Beal, there were juicy side games going, and he was playing in an WSOP event. Don't try to mislead the people who haven't read the book.
I think that I'm going to have to guess that Beal comes out ahead overall. I don't know how he keeps beating the pros, but he seems good at it
HUH?How?This guy could be a pro poker player if he wanted?He has skill.

Yes I do think that overall Beal might be a slight dog in this game. However, this is the only game he plays that we know of right? He is specializing in Limit Heads up Hold'em. How monay pros can say that. Daniel has a great point with the internet guys. Cassidy or the other might clean him out, but really how many of the pros are that accomplished. I mean Harmon is unreal at limit hold'em, but heads up? Beal doesnt need the money he just wants to win and accomplish another goal. The Corp. is playing for pride and rep. Its a very very very interesting match up and I hope Michael Craig writes another book.

Updates at bluff say that the corp is up 2.2 mill for the 3 day spanReally this is way overhyped. With so many members of the corporation and the biggest investors being at supposedly 500k this game is playing no higher then 2500/5000 for any individual player.

Updates at bluff say that the corp is up 2.2 mill for the 3 day spanReally this is way overhyped. With so many members of the corporation and the biggest investors being at supposedly 500k this game is playing no higher then 2500/5000 for any individual player.
What, does Beal not count as a player now? He's still playing for hundreds of thousands of dollars every hand. There's still huge sums of money being thrown around regardless of whether the pros are interstaking each other.
What, does Beal not count as a player now? He's still playing for hundreds of thousands of dollars every hand. There's still huge sums of money being thrown around regardless of whether the pros are interstaking each other.
It's still huge money, but I think the point is that nobody is going broke here.
It's still huge money, but I think the point is that nobody is going broke here.
it could really put a hurting on their bottom line, i mean if you usually play 50/100 and you make 2 BB/hour it will take 500 hours to make one small bet in the beal game. That is a long ass time

Saturday morning, cards are in the air. Once again it's Ted Forrest sitting in for the corporation. (according to Bluff).

My personal view on this is that a $5-50 million to Beal is a drop in the bucket from his perspective.  In tournaments, everyone knows their downside (buyin).  Cash games are very different IMHO.  Beal has the edge overall, due to his fearlessness and lack of respect towards his bankroll ( he can just dip in for more).  The pros, unless staked, will play more conservatively.  Furthermore, the variance and stochastic probabilities are extremely wide, further giving an edge to Beal in regards to bankroll.
Yeah the pros, the best poker players in the world are going to play more conservatively, NOT!Read up on the subject they are gambling with more money overall but not individually, They wouldnt accept the game otherwise. The stakes will not be an edge imo. just a prize.
My personal view on this is that a $5-50 million to Beal is a drop in the bucket from his perspective.  In tournaments, everyone knows their downside (buyin).  Cash games are very different IMHO.  Beal has the edge overall, due to his fearlessness and lack of respect towards his bankroll ( he can just dip in for more).  The pros, unless staked, will play more conservatively.  Furthermore, the variance and stochastic probabilities are extremely wide, further giving an edge to Beal in regards to bankroll.
Yeah the pros, the best poker players in the world are going to play more conservatively, NOT!Read up on the subject they are gambling with more money overall but not individually, They wouldnt accept the game otherwise. The stakes will not be an edge imo. just a prize.
Beal I think has the edge here. what are the chip counts from the other day?
I just got home from playing at the Wynn all day. I was in a great 5/10 Pot Limit Dealer's choice game on table 5.The Beal/Brunson game was on Table 2. so I was kitty corner to the game. They were using 25,000 dollar chips. Each rack is worth 2.5 million and each stack is worth 500,000.This is NOT a private game. the Nevada Gaming Commission does not allow private games. ANYONE can sit down as long as they have the minimum buy in. Oh the minimum buy in for this 25,000/50,000 blind Limit HOld em game is 10 MILLION.I personally saw Beal with over 12.5 million in front of him. Todd Brunson is the first to play Beal. They started around 1pm to 2pm. Others that I saw hanging around was Jennifer and Marco Traniello, Johnny Chan, Ted Forrest, Ming Ly and of course the author Michael Craig.I'm not sure what other questions some of you had but I've been up for over 24 hours an dplayed in that mixed game for 18 hours straight.The rumor is is that they will be playing for the next 5 days. They do not play in a private room but it is roped off and their is security. but pretty much anyone can see froma distance. You won't be seeing their cards specifically just the tons of freakin money passing back and forth.Hope this helps.mcpoker.uswww.mikecunningham.blogspot.commc
Ummmmmm.... this is basically an exact copy of the "Big Game" report on cardplayer.com :roll: . Were you really there bud?

Honestly i don't think it's very easy to say who has an edge in this game and how big it may be. There are too many different players, that are playing for various amounts of time.

Get Ivey in the game, he wouldn't blink at the stakes. The ice in his veins may melt and allow the blood to flow for once.
Last time they played Ivey was the one most affected by the large stakes.
I am not sure where you got that, because it doesn't say that in the copy of the book that I bought (assuming your getting information about the last time they played from the book)
I'm not sure you can say difinitively that he was "affected by the large stakes" but it is in the book that he refused to play when the stakes went up to either $50K-$100K or $100K-$200K whichever they were at at the time.Check page 231.
Not playing and being affected by playing are two different things.
Well he couldn't be "affected by playing" because he refused to play when the stakes went up.
He had never played Beal, there were juicy side games going, and he was playing in an WSOP event. Don't try to mislead the people who haven't read the book.
That's how I remember it. He had some other action that he preferred to play in. I just read the book a month ago....

After reading this from Bluff Magazine, it makes me think Jennifer is in charge of the corporation this time around. This is copied from Bluff magazinewell play is complete for the day. there was apparently very little swing from yesterday to today. Minh Ly made his daily appearance at the afternoons close. he and andy had a quick chat...andy said minh should come and play tomorrow...that they haven't played in a while and it would be fun.. minh said he would have to talk to jennifer.I hear they are starting even earlier tomorrow. maybe 830. I also hear from minh that ted is probably gonna play again tomorrow. I also hear that andy slowed down his aggressive style today...and that helped him get into a better grove. as minh put it when you are losing you steam and it can cost you money. he thought andy maybe steamed a bit last night...and that's why ted was so sucessful yesterday. thanks for checking in....

I Guess the corp made it out ahead....Road posting via TREO650well folks...the game is done. the 5 day 5Ok 100k game has concluded. Andy told me he was very happy about his play. He won 3 of the 5 days...although came out behind by almost 3 million. while it proved somewhat in conclusive I think we have all learned that Andy Beal is not only a super sucessful business man a true gentleman....but he is a very talented poker player...It has been a pleasure bringing you the action...

I Guess the corp made it out ahead....Road posting via TREO650well folks...the game is done. the 5 day 5Ok 100k game has concluded. Andy told me he was very happy about his play. He won 3 of the 5 days...although came out behind by almost 3 million. while it proved somewhat in conclusive I think we have all learned that Andy Beal is not only a super sucessful business man a true gentleman....but he is a very talented poker player...It has been a pleasure bringing you the action...
Now...I have no doubts that Andy Beal is on the short list of the best HU Limit Holdem players in the world......BUT....I am sick and tired of Beal saying..."Hey..I played great...I only lost 3 million..."He better start winning some soon...or his rep will be that of a rich guppy.
I have no doubts that Andy Beal is on the short list of the best HU Limit Holdem players in the world......BUT....I am sick and tired of Beal saying..."Hey..I played great...I only lost 3 million..."He better start winning some soon...or his rep will be that of a rich guppy.
I would considering the results. Unless of course those results aren't Beals prime objective.
Losing 30 bb in heads up hold em over several days is not bad at all. I wonder what the average pot size was.
HU limit holdem with deep stacks is not about measuring losses with BB's...it is about winning more than you are losing in the long run....Losing 30 BB's over several days means that you were a loser in the game...how is that "not bad at all."?Like I said...it's put up or shut up time....
Losing 30 bb in heads up hold em over several days is not bad at all. I wonder what the average pot size was.
HU limit holdem with deep stacks is not about measuring losses with BB's...it is about winning more than you are losing in the long run....Losing 30 BB's over several days means that you were a loser in the game...how is that "not bad at all."?Like I said...it's put up or shut up time....
I played limit holdem heads up yesterday for the first time. I ended up 12BB for my45 minute session. I made some bad calls, some good ones, and some good bets and some bad. I think the cards allowed me my success. Not sure. I like you
alf13 wrote:
brian67 wrote:Losing 30 bb in heads up hold em over several days is not bad at all. I wonder what the average pot size was.
My point was simply that he was playing an elite field and it was over the period of several days. Had Beal simply walked when he was ahead over a million proven anything? The answer IMO is no, just as having a net loss of 3 million over the several days is not very conclusive either.