$100,000-200,000 limit holdem beal at wynn

Do you think any of the players will strike out individually and play Andy Beal in Texas?The reason why I'm asking is because of what was written in Linda's (poker dealer) blog:http://table-tango.pokerworks.com/2006/02/...-2006/#more-681"Andy Beal is back in Texas. The Big Game is over for now. I have the feeling that some of the players may strike out individually and go to Texas to play him, on their own. Just a feeling…but if you read Daniel’s blog, you’ll understand why I can see that happening."

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think any of the players will strike out individually and play Andy Beal in Texas?The reason why I'm asking is because of what was written in Linda's (poker dealer) blog:http://table-tango.pokerworks.com/2006/02/...-2006/#more-681"Andy Beal is back in Texas. The Big Game is over for now. I have the feeling that some of the players may strike out individually and go to Texas to play him, on their own. Just a feeling…but if you read Daniel’s blog, you’ll understand why I can see that happening."
The only one I could see risking it is Ted Forrest? Maybe Jen too, but Ted is most likely, IMO.
My point was simply that he was playing an elite field and it was over the period of several days.  Had Beal simply walked when he was ahead over a million proven anything?  The answer IMO is no, just as having a net loss of 3 million over the several days is not very conclusive either.
How bout being a net loser since the first hand was dealt in these HU challenges.....Beal is now almost a 40 million loser to the Corp......Pretty conclusive to me that he needs to start booking some winners to get some of that 40 million back.
My point was simply that he was playing an elite field and it was over the period of several days.  Had Beal simply walked when he was ahead over a million proven anything?  The answer IMO is no, just as having a net loss of 3 million over the several days is not very conclusive either.
How bout being a net loser since the first hand was dealt in these HU challenges.....Beal is now almost a 40 million loser to the Corp......Pretty conclusive to me that he needs to start booking some winners to get some of that 40 million back.
For him to be a 40 million loser, then you would have to say he lost 37.8 the last time. I don't think he lost near that much last time(s). The book has it more like he lost 10-15 all together last time(s)
For him to be a 40 million loser, then you would have to say he lost 37.8 the last time. I don't think he lost near that much last time(s). The book has it more like he lost 10-15 all together last time(s)
Re-Read the book and then realize that it didn't cover two other Beal trips in which he got sodomized.
NO chance. This is nonsenseYou have no idea what you are talking about. Good luck.You sir, are retarded. WinkYou have even less idea what you are talking about. Good luck.
Interesting thread.btw, bueodum owns you both on this point.As a hint as to why, I'll say, "free throws".
Get Ivey in the game, he wouldn't blink at the stakes. The ice in his veins may melt and allow the blood to flow for once.
Last time they played Ivey was the one most affected by the large stakes.
No.Good luck.
Y'all are hearing some crazy nonsense. Ivey would play $1,000,000-$2,000,000 with a $50,000,000 bankroll. He ain't scared of nothing.
Adam Boston, MA: Any insights on the big match going on right now with Andy Beal? Why isn't your brother in the corporation this time? Annie Duke: (5:22 PM ET ) I assume my brother will play. There are a bunch of players that are going to play him, Todd Brunson, Ivey, Harmon, etc. I'm pretty sure the first day, Andy won. It's an interesting thing because people look at that and say that Andy has lost a lot to them. Interestingly enough, it's probably not as true as people think it is. Andy has spent a lot of years learning the game. He's improving and obviously he's a smart guy. It's the nature of limit holdem heads up and there is a lot of variance heads up. They are playing 50/100K with $10 mil bankrolls. Anyone who has played that knows that you can have 100 big bet swings at any time. The results will be very interesting. If it were a situation where it were a $10 mil bankroll with blinds at 25/50K, then I would be more likely to declare that the group would not lose. But this situations makes it much tougher for the group.
I wonder why Leader didn't play? He did well last time they met. Maybe him and Daniel should go to Texas to play him?

****UPDATE****Feb. 12thAndy Beal Had a HUGE day at the tables. Play resumed today, at 11PST. I guess last week was just a lead in, because there were fire works today. From the looks of things Jennifer was playing very agressively all day, and Andy countered that agression with a relentless attack of his own. There were many more showdowns, and heavily contested pots. With both sides starting with 4 racks (10 million) It looked like Andy Beal has erased his loss from last week, and pulled ahead. Word is that, Andy while ahead all day, finsihed the day up almost 2 Racks, or 5 Million dollars. Jennifer battled back from being down most of the day, but everytime she was ready to pull even, Andy would find a way to win a big pot. It seems to me this was by far the most spirited match of the 6 days of play. In Attendance were some familiar faces. David Grey, Johnny Chan, Minh Ly were all in the room for some parts of the match. Also making his first appearance at Wynn, was none other than the man himself Doyle Brunson. Play will resume early tomorrow morning. While we knew that Todd was probably playing tomorrow, I know have even bigger news. Since Todd is not really a morning person, Doyle Brunson is stepping up to the plate. Yes you heard me....Doyle Brunson will be playing Andy Beal tomorrow morning!!!

****UPDATE****Feb. 12thAndy Beal Had a HUGE day at the tables. Play resumed today, at 11PST. I guess last week was just a lead in, because there were fire works today. From the looks of things Jennifer was playing very agressively all day, and Andy countered that agression with a relentless attack of his own. There were many more showdowns, and heavily contested pots. With both sides starting with 4 racks (10 million) It looked like Andy Beal has erased his loss from last week, and pulled ahead. Word is that, Andy while ahead all day, finsihed the day up almost 2 Racks, or 5 Million dollars. Jennifer battled back from being down most of the day, but everytime she was ready to pull even, Andy would find a way to win a big pot. It seems to me this was by far the most spirited match of the 6 days of play. In Attendance were some familiar faces. David Grey, Johnny Chan, Minh Ly were all in the room for some parts of the match. Also making his first appearance at Wynn, was none other than the man himself Doyle Brunson. Play will resume early tomorrow morning. While we knew that Todd was probably playing tomorrow, I know have even bigger news. Since Todd is not really a morning person, Doyle Brunson is stepping up to the plate. Yes you heard me....Doyle Brunson will be playing Andy Beal tomorrow morning!!!
bump hooorraaay
Monday's Recap:So, yes a lot of what has been written or heard about today did and didnt happen. No Doyle Brunson did not step up and play in the wee hours of the morning at the Wynn. Instead, Todd, who, posted on 2+2 that he was up from the previous night took the seat across from Andy for a 9AM start. I dont have much detail on the atmosphere of the game, but Todd seemed to have control of the match from the onset from what i have heard. I am told at one point, Todd had won a rack back for the corporation (2.5 million). The comeback, however was short lived. Andy, in the latter parts of the day erased the day's deficit and took a lead of his own. It was not quite the 5 million dollars that he had won the previous day, but he did manage to pull ahead for the day by about 2 stacks of 25K chips, or roughly 1 million dollars. That added with his big day on Sunday, puts his total for the week at 6 million, and total for 2 weeks at up about 3 million dollars. Not too shabby!!We were correct about the Phil Ivey sighting. He was at the Wynn today, although there are no plans for Phil to play as far as I know (Big let down in my book). This is probably a sigh of relief for Barry Greenstein, who told me earlier Phil had put in a late night session the previous day, and he wasnt sure if Phil had slept at all. Phil was seen shooting craps with David Oppenheim, I guess he needed more of a gamble than Heads Up Limit Hold'em.Because of winning ways, Andy is extending his playing time once again, and will continue his match tomorrow with Ted Forrest. This should be interesting, as Ted is the only player of the group to put up significant numbers agsinst Andy this year. I think we all are a bit anxious to see if Ted can erase the deficit as he did last week, when he had a 4.5 million dollar day. Thats about all I have for you right now. Thanks for checking in everybody. To all the newcomers on the forum. We hope you keep our forum in mind, and contribute to our Poker discussion in the future!Matthew Parvis - Managing Editor

Well it looks like Beal is now up 3 million against the corp. in 2006, winning back all he lost on the first trip and more. We'll see what tomorrow brings, as Ted Forrest has been the only member of the corporation who has been successful against Beal in these last several weeks...

Any updates? I can't view cardplayer from work.
Here is an updated posted by Todd Brunson earlier today on 2+2:"Well Andy is on a roll. I had him down 2.5 million with an hour to go. He came back and won 1.2. He did it too Ted yesterday even worse. Ted was up 7 million with two hours to go, but Andy got even.Beal is one tuff dude. "http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthre...rue#Post4756719

I didn't see it posted anywhere else, but Bluff is reporting that AB has the cleaned the corp out of their 10 mil. He was down 3 mil Super Bowl weekend, so for the last couple of weeks he's plus 7 mil.