$100,000-200,000 limit holdem beal at wynn

I don't think it was so much that Harmon changed gears, but she said that she could just feel when he was bluffing. I think that's more what you meant, because from what i remember it was Forrest that first tried to play more conservatively.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The book The Banker, The Professor and the Suicide King was mentioned in this thread. I strongly recomend that you read it. First of all, Todd Brunson is very well to do. In the book you learn that he is a brilliant investor. He taught his dad to start investing as well. Todd makes big time dough from his smart financial planning. He probably (from what I read) is the richest of all of the pros.Someone mentioned that the pros will play conservatively and then someone said not. If you read the book, you will see that the pros started off being really aggressive. Beal then worked on his game and then he became uber aggressive. It was Jen Harmon who changed her game and played more conservative to change the tide of Beal winning. I read the book in one day. It was captivating. There is so much that you learn about the pros. Anyway, a friend has loaned it to me. I really need to buy it and read it again. No, it is not going to improve my game but I absolutely love the story.
I read the book too. I think Todd's investing is pretty small scale. This became especially evident when Todd couldn't buy a share, and Doyle said: "well if Todd can't play, I'll give him some money so he can play"."
I think your wrong, I beleave that the pro's diden't wont to let tod be apart of the corp, or they diden't want to let him play, (I dont remember which one is was) and then doyle said if "you don't let him play I will give him money my self to let him play.
I read the book too. I think Todd's investing is pretty small scale. This became especially evident when Todd couldn't buy a share, and Doyle said: "well if Todd can't play, I'll give him some money so he can play"."
I think your wrong, I beleave that the pro's diden't wont to let tod be apart of the corp, or they diden't want to let him play, (I dont remember which one is was) and then doyle said if "you don't let him play I will give him money my self to let him play.
That's what I said... or meant. When I said share I meant a share of the corporation.

Because of all the idiotic threads created about the "big game" and all the random comments about the book, i've pretty much refused to read it.The more you guys talk about it the more I'm thinking I want to read it. Anybody not enjoy the book?

I don't think it was so much that Harmon changed gears, but she said that she could just feel when he was bluffing. I think that's more what you meant, because from what i remember it was Forrest that first tried to play more conservatively.
That's how I remembered it. Jen had a great read on him and had some big wins, but Ted was the first to try a different approach against Beal when they were being beaten at their own game of constant aggression. And Howard pretty much crushed him to the point where Beal didn't want any part of him anymore.
That's what I said... or meant. When I said share I meant a share of the corporation.
You can be worth more than all of your counterparts but not be liquid. I know there was talk on Todd Brunsons real estate investments.

Is there anyone on the ground at the Wynn tonight who can post anything??? Probably not, since they're playing in a "private" room, but I'm wondering if anyone has been there tonight just to check on the scene???

theresa113 who do you think is the best match to play Beal?
I have no idea and I do not know enough about poker in general let alone at that level to even make an intelligent guess. Andy Beal is a very determined man. I am sure he went back to Texas and did a lot of homework again. The only guess I can make is that the person who can adjust the quickest and does not value money, would probably be the best pro to play Andy Beal.Maybe that person is Mike Matusow! :club:
theresa113 who do you think is the best match to play Beal?
I have no idea and I do not know enough about poker in general let alone at that level to even make an intelligent guess. Andy Beal is a very determined man. I am sure he went back to Texas and did a lot of homework again. The only guess I can make is that the person who can adjust the quickest and does not value money, would probably be the best pro to play Andy Beal.Maybe that person is Mike Matusow! :club:
I ment out of the pros that have already played him, and are apart of the corp. I think that todd would be the best bet b/c he's one of the greatest limit holdem players and got the best read on beal.Edit: I put lederer and Jen as my second and third.

i did not know much about andrew beal nor his ginormous bankroll, so i did a little research and found helful info on wikipediahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Bealthis guy has a TON of paper to burn so im pretty sure he'll make even the most seasoned pros sweat a bit under pressure when playin heads up for 100-200k.cause 100-200k is sure of a hell lot different than playing 4-8k

deviper wrote:theresa113 who do you think is the best match to play Beal?
Beal seemed most afraid of Lederer. That's not to say he would necessarily be the best though.
this guy has a TON of paper to burn so im pretty sure he'll make even the most seasoned pros sweat a bit under pressure when playin heads up for 100-200k.cause 100-200k is sure of a hell lot different than playing 4-8k
Depending on how many players pool together they may only be risking around 4k - 8k of their money per bet. Whoever does join the 2nd corporation must trust eachother a whole lot to take up a game like this.

Ted was the 1st to stray from the super aggressive counter Beal's aggression with more aggresion strategy. Doyle argued for Todd when a few of the original corp. members wanted to limit membership in the group. He basically said Todd's in or I will give him some $ to sit in the game whenever he wants. Todd apparently had plenty of $ to join group except a few members wanted to limit membership to increase their expected share of the profits.

from the book, it sounds like the corporation got in trouble whenever they let some of the less disciplined players. i think one weakness could be that the pros egos are too big to admit another pro might be a better match for beal.

I was joking about the Mike Matusow thing. But really, Beal's whole goal has been to play a level that would make the pros uncomfortable. It seemed like from the book, all of the pros felt the pressure. Based on the book, I would have to say Todd, Jen and Howard have the best chances to stay calm, change gears and play against Beal.

I just got home from playing at the Wynn all day. I was in a great 5/10 Pot Limit Dealer's choice game on table 5.The Beal/Brunson game was on Table 2. so I was kitty corner to the game. They were using 25,000 dollar chips. Each rack is worth 2.5 million and each stack is worth 500,000.This is NOT a private game. the Nevada Gaming Commission does not allow private games. ANYONE can sit down as long as they have the minimum buy in. Oh the minimum buy in for this 25,000/50,000 blind Limit HOld em game is 10 MILLION.I personally saw Beal with over 12.5 million in front of him. Todd Brunson is the first to play Beal. They started around 1pm to 2pm. Others that I saw hanging around was Jennifer and Marco Traniello, Johnny Chan, Ted Forrest, Ming Ly and of course the author Michael Craig.I'm not sure what other questions some of you had but I've been up for over 24 hours an dplayed in that mixed game for 18 hours straight.The rumor is is that they will be playing for the next 5 days. They do not play in a private room but it is roped off and their is security. but pretty much anyone can see froma distance. You won't be seeing their cards specifically just the tons of freakin money passing back and forth.Hope this helps.mcpoker.uswww.mikecunningham.blogspot.commc

I was joking about the Mike Matusow thing. But really, Beal's whole goal has been to play a level that would make the pros uncomfortable. It seemed like from the book, all of the pros felt the pressure. Based on the book, I would have to say Todd, Jen and Howard have the best chances to stay calm, change gears and play against Beal.
Thats why I think the pros shouldn't play higher then 50k-100k, even though that still very high, It would take alot more pressure of them.
I just got home from playing at the Wynn all day. I was in a great 5/10 Pot Limit Dealer's choice game on table 5.The Beal/Brunson game was on Table 2. so I was kitty corner to the game. They were using 25,000 dollar chips. Each rack is worth 2.5 million and each stack is worth 500,000.This is NOT a private game. the Nevada Gaming Commission does not allow private games. ANYONE can sit down as long as they have the minimum buy in. Oh the minimum buy in for this 25,000/50,000 blind Limit HOld em game is 10 MILLION.I personally saw Beal with over 12.5 million in front of him. Todd Brunson is the first to play Beal. They started around 1pm to 2pm. Others that I saw hanging around was Jennifer and Marco Traniello, Johnny Chan, Ted Forrest, Ming Ly and of course the author Michael Craig.I'm not sure what other questions some of you had but I've been up for over 24 hours an dplayed in that mixed game for 18 hours straight.The rumor is is that they will be playing for the next 5 days. They do not play in a private room but it is roped off and their is security. but pretty much anyone can see froma distance. You won't be seeing their cards specifically just the tons of freakin money passing back and forth.Hope this helps.mcpoker.uswww.mikecunningham.blogspot.commc
Mike good update....don't worry about sleep beat it back to the Wynn and get us some updates... :club:
get down there and get us some more updates!!!!!!!!sw. Im glad that Michael Craig is there, that hopfully means another book baby.

Sounds to me like the same old song and dance....bankroll management.The Corporation doesn't belong in the game with a guy that has unlimited recources, and that won't grieve over a couple of million dollar lost, unless they have more than a billion to play with.

Sounds to me like the same old song and dance....bankroll management.The Corporation doesn't belong in the game with a guy that has unlimited recources, and that won't grieve over a couple of million dollar lost, unless they have more than a billion to play with.
Good job im sure the members of the corp. need bankroll advice from you. They have plenty of bankroll and talent to compete in this game. If Beal should beat them for 20-30 mil it would not kill them as they have lots of borrowing power. A loss at these stakes would hurt sure but would not cripple them.