$100,000-200,000 limit holdem beal at wynn

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think out of all the players listed i cant see anyone having any significant edge over them as a group, and knowing these guys I think they can play there A game at high stakes even this disgusting level but an interesting dynamic may be if they are afraid to mess up for the team and may become timid? I think they will start lower and probably move up, and this time I think that they must have done there homework as to the best strategy, similar to DN losing and then compiling a strategy and coming back and b*itch smacking doucheclown.

Beal came back to Las Vegas, and busted all the top pros, as documented in the book 'The Professor, the Banker, and the Suicide King'.
I found this pretty funny, since you know, never happened :)Ahhh, journalism at its finest...
does the wynn have 25K chips?i'm guessing they must.what did daniel use for his HU limit matches?
Does it even matter? I thought in some high limit games they just use $1 chips for whatever denomination they want.
the Big Game players do this when they are away from Vegas on the tournament trail. They keep track of wins/losses and settle up when they get home.

I was asked to be a part of the Corporation, but declined. I'm just not very comfortable risking large sums of money on things that I don't have personal control over. I'd be comfortable with certain players playing Andy, but there are other specific players whom I think play heads up limit hold'em terribly and Andy might be better fundamentally.

I was asked to be a part of the Corporation, but declined. I'm just not very comfortable risking large sums of money on things that I don't have personal control over. I'd be comfortable with certain players playing Andy, but there are other specific players whom I think play heads up limit hold'em terribly and Andy might be better fundamentally.
Care to elaborate or give details?What is your opinion on Andy's skills?
I too was asked to be part of the corporation. I said "No way man, not me". My boss then fired me and told me I wasn't a team player. I think I may play too much poker.
I was asked to be a part of the Corporation, but declined. I'm just not very comfortable risking large sums of money on things that I don't have personal control over.
How much would you have had to contribute personally?
Umm, I'm not sure he wants to call out certain players and say they suck at HU hold'em. Professional courtesy, maybe, i dunno.(and filling in for daniel)...apparently Andy has been working hardcore at his poker skills. It should be interesting to see how "certain" players handle a much wiser Beal.
Umm, I'm not sure he wants to call out certain players and say they suck at HU hold'em. Professional courtesy, maybe, i dunno.(and filling in for daniel)...apparently Andy has been working hardcore at his poker skills. It should be interesting to see how "certain" players handle a much wiser Beal.
Yeah, maybe he got that great poker mind, Russ Georgiev to help him.

The book The Banker, The Professor and the Suicide King was mentioned in this thread. I strongly recomend that you read it. First of all, Todd Brunson is very well to do. In the book you learn that he is a brilliant investor. He taught his dad to start investing as well. Todd makes big time dough from his smart financial planning. He probably (from what I read) is the richest of all of the pros.Someone mentioned that the pros will play conservatively and then someone said not. If you read the book, you will see that the pros started off being really aggressive. Beal then worked on his game and then he became uber aggressive. It was Jen Harmon who changed her game and played more conservative to change the tide of Beal winning. I read the book in one day. It was captivating. There is so much that you learn about the pros. Anyway, a friend has loaned it to me. I really need to buy it and read it again. No, it is not going to improve my game but I absolutely love the story.

Obviously I don't expect Daniel to name names,jackass. I was more interested in HIS opinion on Andy.
Obviously I don't expect Daniel to name names,jackass. I was more interested in HIS opinion on Andy.
I don't think DN has ever played him.
The book The Banker, The Professor and the Suicide King was mentioned in this thread. I strongly recomend that you read it. First of all, Todd Brunson is very well to do. In the book you learn that he is a brilliant investor. He taught his dad to start investing as well. Todd makes big time dough from his smart financial planning. He probably (from what I read) is the richest of all of the pros.Someone mentioned that the pros will play conservatively and then someone said not. If you read the book, you will see that the pros started off being really aggressive. Beal then worked on his game and then he became uber aggressive. It was Jen Harmon who changed her game and played more conservative to change the tide of Beal winning. I read the book in one day. It was captivating. There is so much that you learn about the pros. Anyway, a friend has loaned it to me. I really need to buy it and read it again. No, it is not going to improve my game but I absolutely love the story.
Not trying to nit pick or anything, but wasn't it Ted Forrest who was the first to change to a conservative style?
And the fact that he could call every bet all day long with out blinking!
I read the book too. I think Todd's investing is pretty small scale. This became especially evident when Todd couldn't buy a share, and Doyle said: "well if Todd can't play, I'll give him some money so he can play"."
Pokernew.com wrote:Beal came back to Las Vegas, and busted all the top pros, as documented in the book 'The Professor, the Banker, and the Suicide King'.
I found this pretty funny, since you know, never happened SmileAhhh, journalism at its finest...
I read the book awhile ago, but if i remember correctly he was ahead a little over $10 million at one point. It was when they took a group picture and Doyle was making sure that they let him have his moment of triumph. He didn't necessarily bust them, but i'm sure he did hurt some of them pretty badly.
Not trying to nit pick or anything, but wasn't it Ted Forrest who was the first to change to a conservative style?
I thought Ted was playing tight aggressive in the beginning when Beal was losing. About halfway through the book, Beal started winning. I swore it was Jen Harmon who was the one who changed gears. I remember something stated to the effect that the guys were playing one way and were getting beatup and she started to play conservative. I remember as I was reading this section I was really impressed with her train of thought on the situation. Anyway, I really wish I had the book with me because it was several months ago when I read it and I could quite possibly have remembered it all wrong.