daniel = will hunting?

ummmm....wow...ummHis blog entry seemed alright to me. Daniel is a smart guy. I could tell from hearing him talk that he was smart. He doesn't seem to take very much time in processing information. If Daniel wasn't in poker, he'd be successful in something else. No doubt. Probably not millionaire successful, but $60K/year successful. I imagine Daniel's blog is hard to write because he has an image to maintain since he's famous now. I can write whatever the hell I want in my blog.

Your avatar is seriously bothering me. Legal age where I'm at is about 17 I think. Oh dear, god, are we having this conversation? What is going on here? Feels like the Twilight Zone. WTF. I think I'm signing off for the night. See you guys tomorrow.

i see what you mean but i didn't get the impression that he was comparing himself to will hunting in the sense that he was a "genius" or as smart as will hunting - it seemed to me that he related to the character from a social point of view.will hunting is a bit of an "intellectual outsider" if you will... he has knowledge without the formal eduaction that would normally breed such knowledge - and above all he is street smart whereas many of the ivy league students in the movie are not.society would look at a "will hunting" as uneducated, even though he is smarter than many of the so-called academic elite - much like many top poker pros.something like that... or maybe he's just crazy. i don't know but that's what i understood.

I would say it's a bit of a stretch to assert that he was comparing himself to GWH in that blog.And by 'bit of a stretch' I mean 'quite dumb'.
these kinds of expressions never get old and they crack me up every single time... and by "every single time," i mean "every single time."
I would say it's a bit of a stretch to assert that he was comparing himself to GWH in that blog.And by 'bit of a stretch' I mean 'quite dumb'.
Says the guy who then triple posts.

Wait until you see his next entry! My sources tell me he's going to compare himself to Jason Bourne in fighting skill and athletic ability. It will also be posted in multiple languages.P.S. I can't reveal my sources because DN will kill them -- and they don't exist.

ummmm....wow...ummHis blog entry seemed alright to me. Daniel is a smart guy. I could tell from hearing him talk that he was smart. He doesn't seem to take very much time in processing information. If Daniel wasn't in poker, he'd be successful in something else. No doubt. Probably not millionaire successful, but $60K/year successful. I imagine Daniel's blog is hard to write because he has an image to maintain since he's famous now. I can write whatever the hell I want in my blog.
ROFL

lol, daniel is smart enough to make a bit more than 60k / year I think. Fact of his being one of the most arrogant people on the planet is a different story but perhaps huge success in what he does and fame all went to his head or something. ah w ell, he certainly is a genius at what he does.

is 60K a year successful???Maybe if you live in podunk middle of nowhere :?
or your mother's house......
ummmm....wow...ummHis blog entry seemed alright to me.   Daniel is a smart guy.   I could tell from hearing him talk that he was smart.   He doesn't seem to take very much time in processing information.     If Daniel wasn't in poker, he'd be successful in something else.   No doubt.   Probably not millionaire successful, but $60K/year successful.     I imagine Daniel's blog is hard to write because he has an image to maintain since he's famous now.   I can write whatever the hell I want in my blog.
or your mother's house......
With lots of microwavable dinners! :club:
is 60K a year successful???Maybe if you live in podunk middle of nowhere  :?
Considering the average income for America is somewhere around $42,000, I'd say that $60k is succesful. Making $6.50 an hour and supporting yourself without assistance is also succesful.
i see what you mean but i didn't get the impression that he was comparing himself to will hunting in the sense that he was a "genius" or as smart as will hunting - it seemed to me that he related to the character from a social point of view.will hunting is a bit of an "intellectual outsider" if you will... he has knowledge without the formal eduaction that would normally breed such knowledge - and above all he is street smart whereas many of the ivy league students in the movie are not.society would look at a "will hunting" as uneducated, even though he is smarter than many of the so-called academic elite - much like many top poker pros.something like that... or maybe he's just crazy. i don't know but that's what i understood.
That is EXACTLY what I was referring to. I'm not in any way claiming that I was as smart as Hunting, that is beyond ludicrous!