party poker sent me 50$?

you have to play 500 raked hands, or else the money will disappear. You cannot cash it out unless you play 500 raked hands. The deadline for the raked hands is likely to be soon. Check your account for details.

Not so sure about the 500 raked hands. I too received the $50 (and the cheesy hat) and don't think I played 500 hands before cashing out. I played stud hi-lo for a bit (really loose, great game) and then took a shot at the 2-4 for fun. Tripled it up one night and decided to cash out (after I kept having connection problems with my school T1). Didn't have any problem with it and I am pretty sure I didn't get the 500 hands in. But I might have, poker tends to make the time fly.

Party, among a few other sites, has been known to randomly throw money into player's accounts simply for having the account. From what I've seen, it's most frequently former real-money players who played a decent amount. It's kinda like giving a former addict a fix after he's been clean for a year, I guess.My personal recommendation for such a windfall is to try to run it up and enjoy yourself while doing it. I knew a guy who took one of these $50 depo's on party (he was playing at stars at the time and had no $ in his party account) who ran it up in a very disciplined fashion:[wednesday]Plays nl50 with his $50, doubles it up [$100] while clearing the 500-hand requirement.Plays a 50+5 STT. Wins for a net of $195 then cashes it all out, save $50. [For those who don't know, Partypoker has that steps tournament deal where you ensure that they rake as much of your money as possible from start to finish. You can buy in at any step, but with a $11 buyin [step 1] you can run a few dollars into $5k or so for the STTs and $9k in the 2TTs. The ingenious part of this scam is that only the step 5s pay out a signifcant amount of cash [i.e. a multiple of the buyin as opposed to a tiny fraction of it]. A direct buyin for a step 5 is 1k, step 4 is 500, step 3 200, step 2 50, step 1, 11. 99% of the prize money between step 1 and 4 is in the form of entries into other step tourneys. Thus, party ensures that their return players can't cash out until they're broke or until they climb the rungs of this slippery ladder to the top. end rant.]Anyways, my friend......plays a step 2 STT. Wins.[thursday]...plays a step 3 STT. 2nd place for a step 4 seat....plays a step 4 STT on Friday. Squeaks by for a step 5 seat.[friday]...with a whole bunch of friends sweating, he plays his step 5 STT. Barely makes it to the money [t1400 w/ t10000 total in play]. Doubles up, busts a shortstack and gets headsup w/ even stacks.$50>4500 in 2 days. Thank you, party!my own personal parlay stories:1) I came home from a party drunk one night (no, I wasn't driving) in January and decided to play a 50+5. I got 2nd, so I played a $100+9 and won. Then I played 10/20 (still drinking) and made 20 bets or so in a half an hour, at which point my spidey senses told me it was time to do something more fiscally sound--such as sleeping or playing counterstrike.2) Last winter I played a 30+3 stt on party and got 3rd with the intention of a full parlay. I played a $50+5 and got 2nd. Then I played a $100+9 and won. My ROI in those 100+9s is tremendous, although I've only played 4 :roll: -adam, listening to gomez - devil will ride.mp3

they put $50 in my account about 6 months ago.. I never knew why, but I haven't made a deposit since and have cashed out on a few occassions. Thank you Partypoker...gotta like that free money :D

I only got $20. What the hell!
They sent me $20 on two occasions as it turned out, but I never logged in to notice, so they took it back out and came back with the $50. Maybe I should have waited til they went for $100. :D
damn I didnt get anything :D So its some kind of special promotion?
As others have said, they tend to do this random 50 when you used to do real money for a while, then quit playing at party (like empty or near empty account balance). So to get you to play there again they'll randomly give you 50 bucks.If you never stopped playing at party you won't get the random 50. But you will have been able to get the reload bonuses they offer just about every month. Shrug.

Yeah, i got something like 25 bucks a while back and blew it all. I was free and it wouldn't let me cash it out, so i played some high limit table and lost it real fast, i had to go to work anyway and didn't want to get my hopes up all day about getting to play.