Great poker player, really bad blogger, not very smart guy, very inarticulate individual... We didn't need a blog directly addressing your lack of formal education. It's clear from all your blogs, that you never graduated from high school; it's evident in your writing style, and thinking process (e.g., how you discuss religion).You play poker buddy--better than most--don't be too hard on yourself, you can't have it all.

Great poker player, really bad blogger, not very smart guy, very inarticulate individual... We didn't need a blog directly addressing your lack of formal education. It's clear from all your blogs, that you never graduated from high school; it's evident in your writing style, and thinking process (e.g., how you discuss religion).You play poker buddy--better than most--don't be too hard on yourself, you can't have it all.
Why are you here? Isnt it a school night? Homework time, dinner than beddy bye!

all i know is:DN:"bloody hell, I was in walking right by Rittenhouse at exactly the same time. I could have asked you for money or something"

235 posts... you read my blog... you love me! I know you love me, lol. How else can you explain spending so much time at my forum. Maybe you don't know it yet, but secretly, you love me.
Great poker player, really bad blogger, not very smart guy, very inarticulate individual...  We didn't need a blog directly addressing your lack of formal education.  It's clear from all your blogs, that you never graduated from high school; it's evident in your writing style, and thinking process (e.g., how you discuss religion).You play poker buddy--better than most--don't be too hard on yourself, you can't have it all.
235 posts... you read my blog... you love me! I know you love me, lol. How else can you explain spending so much time at my forum. Maybe you don't know it yet, but secretly, you love me.
I think that said it all, we all love you DN.
Great poker player, really bad blogger, not very smart guy, very inarticulate individual...  We didn't need a blog directly addressing your lack of formal education.  It's clear from all your blogs, that you never graduated from high school; it's evident in your writing style, and thinking process (e.g., how you discuss religion).You play poker buddy--better than most--don't be too hard on yourself, you can't have it all.
n.h. D. :-)
I love you Daniel.
You're a great poker player. I admire you for that--no secret there.But you're not exactly the brightest guy in the world--outside of poker. I read your blog for poker; however, the idiotic things you've come up with to say on your blog are just a bonus. For my friends and I, it's pure comedy. The pure poker blogs are good, but everything else is laughable. What I'm saying is that you seem to call attention to the fact that you don't have a high school degree or, at least, a year or two of college. Nobody sees you as a smart guy, they see you as a great poker player. Don't fake literary, political or religious knowledge, it makes you look ridiculous. I'm just sayin': great poker player, not very bright guy outside that world.(I love how you do understand I'm a troll, and responded accordingly)
You're a great poker player.  I admire you for that--no secret there.But you're not exactly the brightest guy in the world--outside of poker.   I read your blog for poker; however, the idiotic things you've come up with to say on your blog are just a bonus.  For my friends and I, it's pure comedy.  The pure poker blogs are good, but everything else is laughable.    What I'm saying is that you seem to call attention to the fact that you don't have a high school degree or, at least, a year or two of college.  Nobody sees you as a smart guy, they see you as a great poker player.  Don't fake literary, political or religious knowledge, it makes you look ridiculous.  I'm just sayin':  great poker player, not very bright guy outside that world.(I love how you do understand I'm a troll, and responded accordingly)
I don't get it....because DN does not have as formal an education as you, he is not allowed to express his viewpoints on religion, novels, or politics? He is entitled to his opinion as well. If you and your cronies get a kick out of it, good for you. I don't really see the point of this thread at all....if you think DN is not a smart guy, did you really need to start a thread just to state it? What is the purpose - to try and draw attention to yourself or to try and receive the inevitable flames to follow? Or do you just feel special because you got DN to respond to one of your posts.....help the rest of the world understand your cause, fanboy.

DN is very intelligent to me. He has excellent writing skills, can be very analytical, and he backs his information up. In my oppion ntelligence is something people are born with and schooling only helps you learn more information. Although I don't agree with him on everything, I respect him for giving an honest opinion on how he views the world. If you told us all of your secrets and thoughts I'm sure everybody would disagree with you in some way.

LOL! So "getarealjob", I don't see any of your articles in CardPlayer or any other poker publications in which you get paid for. LOL!

how can you possibly say that he isn't smart. Lots of people dropped out of school and went to pursue things they love, and became very successful. For instance, Kanye West, dropped out of college, pursued a rap and producing career, now he's making the big bucks. College isnt for everyone.Plus, back to my point about being smart. Poker requires much thinking. It requires that you use both of your intelligences to be successful at the game.Crystallized Intelligence: It consists primarily of specific, acquired knowledge. For example, a child who has just learned how to recite the fifty states of America now owns a new piece of crystallized intelligence; but their general ability to learn and understand has not been altered. Is more dynamicFluid Intelligence: is a simple, innate, general ability, which stays fairly constant throughout life. It includes such abilities as problem-solving, memory, learning, and pattern recognition.I use more of crystallized intelligence when I play poker, probably because I have a good memory and can remember strange and many things from my childhood. I usually play off of "feel" for the game since I try to remember what my opponent did in a similar situation, and I'll use that information to make my best decision.Others better at math, and are better at using logic, and detecting patters, and doing calculations on the spot, which is pure fluid intelligence. I'm trying to improve.Obviously, great players are good at both.Ok, so whoever started this post, let me ask you this:If you are better at english than me, but i'm better at math than you, are you smarter than me?There's no way of telling, intelligence is classified in so many different ways, that it wouldnt be fair for you to compare yourself to DN or mock his intelligence, unless you take an IQ test against him.And hey, he could be in mensa for all you know 8)

What I'm saying is that you seem to call attention to the fact that you don't have a high school degree or, at least, a year or two of college. But you're not exactly the brightest guy in the world--outside of poker.
Education and intelligence are 2 completely different things. The intelligent are not always educated and the educated are rarely intelligent.Ironically only the educated fail to see that. I suspect it's a pleasant mix of insecurity and arrogance brought upon by a lack of an ability to think for ones-self. I could be wrong, but who knows.You go by the name 'getarealjob' so maybe you might listen to me, as I have a real job, and part of that real job is to interview others to work with our team. Our work is not flipping burgers either - newbies start on 6 figures (and that's £'s, not that worthless US rubbish :wink: ) so we are always looking for, and demanding, the best. Ironically the best are rarely 'educated' by your standards.We find those that are formally educated at the higher levels tend to be constrained by that education & it takes us months to beat the elitism and structured thinking out of them so they can acheive their full potential.The 'self-starters', the survivalists, somehow manage to hit the ground running. It's almost like they've been doing it their whole lives....This is not to say that education is wrong or shouldn't be pursued. It is a great thing and in any country that is lucky enough to have it, I feel every person should be encouraged to partake. It simply seems to produce a by-product; a ready supply of fools that think they are superior for it. Usually young males from 'comfortable' backgrounds - but that is a whole different bag of beans
Nobody sees you as a smart guy
You fit the 'educated' profile beautifully. DN is not educated, therefore he is not smart. Furthermore, because you need to justify your superiority to keep the waves of insecurity down, you arrogantly speak for everybody.Oh, and before you ask/assume. I fall into the educated camp, so let me sum up as such:Go fuck yourselfHave a nice day now :wink:

Get a real job,You remind me of people I've met who have extensive formal educations and are dumb as posts. They only have book smarts, smarts in a particular field of endeavor I might add, but have no awareness of anything else.These people can't carry on a sophisticated discussion about politics, art, spirituality or current affairs. And yet because they have Masters degrees and Ph.Ds they somehow feel entitled to lord over their petty achievements over others who chose not to pursue a career in academia. My take on it is that these people carry with them a deep sense of inadequacy and a frustration that the world doesn't respect their "achievements" as it should.It's funny that you should criticise Daniel's writing when you have shown absolutely no ability to write anything of any decent quality.

how can you possibly say that he isn't smart. Lots of people dropped out of school and went to pursue things they love, and became very successful. For instance, Kanye West, dropped out of college, pursued a rap and producing career, now he's making the big bucks. College isnt for everyone.
I agree that you can drop out of school and be successful. I also think that despite formal education DN comes off as intelligent. However, I think that Kayne West is a complete idiot and shouldn't be compared to anyone as intelligent. Better examples of those who dropped out of school and became successful would be Bill Gates and Micheal Dell. Both dropped out of College and became billionaires. Infact if you look at the Forbes 400 richest people in America, 7 out of the top 10 didn't finish college and 1 didn't finish high school. I'm sure the majority who do not finish high school have a much harder time than those mentioned, but it is possible to be successful and smart without having a degree. Kayne West may be a successful rapper, but that in no way shows intelligence. He is a moron.

yeah, my point was that he was smart for not going to college, because if he didnt become a rap star he would go nowhere in life...btw, Einstein failed grade one, and he is one of the most intelligent people in history. Einstein admits to hating the structure of school. There are lots of people like this. School's just not for their intelligence. For example, my dad is a contractor, he is not a good writer, but he can take two pieces of wood, and use his mathematical skills to make something useful. Some people just can't do that.And there are lots of different types of intelligences as I said earlier. When Daniel dropped out of school to pursue something he loved, he was smart in a way, taking a risk by going to Vegas. The risk eventually paid off for him. About intelligences, say I am street smart, and have tons of common sense, does that make me a smarter person than your study smart, highly analytical, with no common sense counterparts? I don't think so.Personally, I think that Daniel is a good writer, but he had to practice, it didn't come naturally to him. "getarealjob" you could be shakespeare's great grandson for all I know and you may think that DN's writing isn't great. He's a pro poker player, not a poet...My point is, you may be a great writer, but that doesn't give you the right to call him unanalytical. For instance, w hile you can write a perfect essay on the dramatic and thematic purposes of Hamlet in Hamlet, DN may be able to divide 185770/5.248 in his head easily, something you may not be able to do.So, don't critize other's ability, we all have our own strengths.

classic Daniel :wink: