the offical fcpfc standings

Couldn't you just assume the unwanted party did NOT play (even if he wins 1st) and give the 1st place points to 2nd, and 2nd place to 3rd, etc.? I know that it's a pain having the unwanted party in the game, but I think that would be the fairest way to go. It would be really not too different from playing a game where someone doesn't show up. Just treat it the same way.Just my opinion...
No, because in your scenario, I could sit with my teammate, wait until it's just the two of us in a hand, then chip-dump to him giving us a huge advantage over the rest of the table.
  • Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter one bit whether he was dumping to his teammate or not, if two members of the same team were not there, it is very likely the outcome of the match would have been different. This means the results should be voided... I feel bad for Royal and understand his frustration, but everyone needs to realize that consistency in these situations is really important to the integrity of the whole affair. We've all said it before, but this is the FIRST time we've had a forum challenge, and there are bound to be issues. I actually think its going more smoothly than most would have predicted at the beginning. I would be saying the same thing if my team won the match last night. It's too bad none of you know me personally, because you would know that is the truth... Royal , it sucks that you are the only team that has been affected by ALL of the "shady" matches. I think you need to look at the situation objectively though and lets do the right thing...

OK, just got back from work, and since I was in the match, I want to say a few things:1. teneight raised with 74 or 94 and got 2nd pair on the flop. He then went all in on the turn. It was the hand right after everyone agreed to have teneight sit out. Smokewagon's asked teneight "does that work teneight?" and literally 5 seconds later he raised. I knew as soon as he raised that he didn't have a hand and he was just getting rid of his chips.2. I REALLY wish we would have placed in this match so I could still say the match should be replayed. But Royal, you would find a way for any ruling to go against your team no matter what took place.3. There was no way we could have just suddenly stopped the game. As soon as I brought up there were 2 people on the same team playing (before the first hand) people were betting and raising and playing poker. There was no way we could have had everyone stop - case in point, we all asked teneight to sit out, but he didn't.4. I told all of you (it was directly to Figger) about 3 or 4 weeks ago that this would happen towards the end. There were 2 people signed up from the same team for one of these, and they talked to each other about who would play. I asked Figger, "why is it that 2 people from the same team can sign up for the same tourny?" I then said, "something needs to get fixed, because we are going to have a problem in the last few matches with people sitting in because they missed their match." There are a lot more tickets in people's accounts right now than there are tournies left to be played.This will become a problem again in the last few matches. The even bigger problem is that most of the teams don't communicate with each other so they don't even know who else is on their team. People will sign up just to play -they don't know who their teammate is. And if they do, they probably don't know what their FCP PR sn is.I don't know what is going to get done with this, but I don't think we should take one teams result out and move everyone up one spot. It should either be canceled or kept as it was played.But like I said to Nell after he called an all in w/ KQs half way through the match: "would you have made the same call if you didn't have all of teneights chips?"

2. I REALLY wish we would have placed in this match so I could still say the match should be replayed. But Royal, you would find a way for any ruling to go against your team no matter what took place.can i have your permission to put this in my sig?i love it hehe

2. I REALLY wish we would have placed in this match so I could still say the match should be replayed. But Royal, you would find a way for any ruling to go against your team no matter what took place.can i have your permission to put this in my sig?i love it hehe
whatever, but you know it's true...
whatever, but you know it's true...
lol! i know its true! which is why i'm shocked it took this long for someone to say it.but i stand by my views, and am Royaly_toured that we have been screwed the most out of these stupid things and now we stand a chance to bubble ( as they might say)ok using "as they might say" was extremely gay, and i'm sticking with it
But like I said to Nell after he called an all in w/ KQs half way through the match: "would you have made the same call if you didn't have all of teneights chips?"
This is the most important statement regarding this situation. To those who don't think it changed the outcome because TeaBag didn't dump to his teammate, this is how it changed it. He was able to play looser than he otherwise would have. Without his large stack, I don't see how Nell calls my last hand to bust me. For those that weren't there here's how it went down:I'm in the BB and Nell raises on the button. I re-raise thinking it's a steal, Nell flat calls. Flop comes A-K-blank rainbow. I push (about pot size) and Nell calls with A2d. My cards are irrelevant, because I would have done that with any two and I think the majority of the time I'm not called. I guess my big mistake on that hand was defending against the big stack. I don't see Nell calling that if he has an average sized stack though, but maybe I'm wrong. That's not to take anything away from Nell, he played great and as I've commented a couple times now, he made a great call. I do think TeaBag's actions changed the outcome though. I don't really care one way or the other if it's thrown out. We're pretty much out of the running anyways and without anyone scheduling us, it's hard to catch up. So take what I say with a grain of salt.It makes me wonder how much someone's life must suck to make them spam forums and ruin other people's games.

Another thing I didn't say:I do not think teneight did this on pupose. He thought he was supposed to play, and he probably didn't know the enforcer was his teammate. He signed up 1 min before the tourny started, so maybe he didn't even look to see if someone else on his team signed up. He was probably in a rush to get in the game for his team.

Another thing I didn't say:I do not think teneight did this on pupose. He thought he was supposed to play, and he probably didn't know the enforcer was his teammate. He signed up 1 min before the tourny started, so maybe he didn't even look to see if someone else on his team signed up. He was probably in a rush to get in the game for his team.
If that's the case then why wouldn't he just sit out when he was asked to? He may not have joined the game with malicious intentions, but his in-game actions were definately uncalled for. Also, say he wins the pot against nell (whether it be through a suckout or hypothetically nell didn't have KK). Do you really think he would have sat out then? I sure as hell don't, he would have kept playing.

Bottom line of this whole thing...1) Teneight paid his money to be in the tourney.His banning from the forum shouldn't affect his participation, unlesshe was refunded his money. To think he still isn't on Fcp, and readingthe threads, including this one, is just naive.2) If ANY team enters 2 players in the same tournament, they shouldbe disqualified if one of those two players doesn't sit out immediately upon figuring out that there are two guys from the same team.Not disqualified from that particular tourney, but the ENTIRE fcpfc.Maybe knowing that entering 2 players would cost all 9 guys their buy-in would dissuade teams from pulling this.In the case of last night, if teneight wasn't going to sit out, the otherplayer from his team should have been made to sit instead.3) You can't change the rules (ie. playoff structure) with only oneor two weeks to go. You can, however, learn from what did and didn't work this time and make it better for the next time.This tourney has been a lot of fun, and hopefully when we take thisthing down, minus the two defectors, Smoke can keep the team together for round #2.

If that's the case then why wouldn't he just sit out when he was asked to? He may not have joined the game with malicious intentions, but his in-game actions were definately uncalled for. Also, say he wins the pot against nell (whether it be through a suckout or hypothetically nell didn't have KK). Do you really think he would have sat out then? I sure as hell don't, he would have kept playing.
I agree with that
Of course he would have kept playing.that was his intentions from the moment Smoke asked him and he didnt replyYou could tell he wanted to double up or bust.everyone said since enforcer has more chips, perhaps its wise that he remain for the team, but teneight is a retard and thought if he doubles, he would say something stupid like "well now enforcer should leave"blah blah. man i'd really like to choke that kid.

My only comment is that one person doubling up through someone who shouldn't have been playing has a huge effect on everyone at the table. How would you like to be the person sitting to the right of the person with the big stack? It changes dynamics in terms of positions, blind steals, the way hands play out. I'm not saying Nell didn't play great. What I am saying is that the wayt hat everyone played was affected by teneight's participation.In a similar vein, it doesn't really make sense to move people up one spot, since people would play different depending on which position they were in - hands will play out different on the bubble as opposed to one or two spots off of it. Imagine being a tournament where you have no idea what the payout structure is like - crazy.

This really sucks. I never get scheduled to play in these things, then when I finally get to play in one and I WIN it, it looks like my points won't count. As far as me playing differently, well ya it made a small difference I guess, but the only had where it really changed things is when I called a short stack's all in with KQs, and even there I might've called anyways. I play pretty loose in the early going in tournaments, especially when we start with big stacks like we did.If anything, Enforcer's points should be voided, and that's it.

OK, just got back from work, and since I was in the match, I want to say a few things:1. teneight raised with 74 or 94 and got 2nd pair on the flop. He then went all in on the turn. It was the hand right after everyone agreed to have teneight sit out. Smokewagon's asked teneight "does that work teneight?" and literally 5 seconds later he raised. I knew as soon as he raised that he didn't have a hand and he was just getting rid of his chips.2. I REALLY wish we would have placed in this match so I could still say the match should be replayed. But Royal, you would find a way for any ruling to go against your team no matter what took place.3. There was no way we could have just suddenly stopped the game. As soon as I brought up there were 2 people on the same team playing (before the first hand) people were betting and raising and playing poker. There was no way we could have had everyone stop - case in point, we all asked teneight to sit out, but he didn't.4. I told all of you (it was directly to Figger) about 3 or 4 weeks ago that this would happen towards the end. There were 2 people signed up from the same team for one of these, and they talked to each other about who would play. I asked Figger, "why is it that 2 people from the same team can sign up for the same tourny?" I then said, "something needs to get fixed, because we are going to have a problem in the last few matches with people sitting in because they missed their match." There are a lot more tickets in people's accounts right now than there are tournies left to be played.This will become a problem again in the last few matches. The even bigger problem is that most of the teams don't communicate with each other so they don't even know who else is on their team. People will sign up just to play -they don't know who their teammate is. And if they do, they probably don't know what their FCP PR sn is.I don't know what is going to get done with this, but I don't think we should take one teams result out and move everyone up one spot. It should either be canceled or kept as it was played.But like I said to Nell after he called an all in w/ KQs half way through the match: "would you have made the same call if you didn't have all of teneights chips?"
I just want to make sure you aren't blaming me for this fiasco ??I have railed every single game and I'm usually in there early enough to catch duplicates, but last night I just was able to sign on 1 minute before the match started or I would have said something before it began.I say that there have been a few mistakes and misunderstandings during this entire season, but we have all learned what can go wrong with the set-up. We just need to leave things the way they are, finish of the season (without any more mishaps) and move forward and decide if we want to do this again.Armed with the potential pitfalls I think the second time around could be a lot better. The one thing I cannot stress enough is full participation from the team captains is essential. I counted 12 matches that were not full.Anyways, that's all I have for now.
I just want to make sure you aren't blaming me for this fiasco ??I have railed every single game and I'm usually in there early enough to catch duplicates, but last night I just was able to sign on 1 minute before the match started or I would have said something before it began.I say that there have been a few mistakes and misunderstandings during this entire season, but we have all learned what can go wrong with the set-up. We just need to leave things the way they are, finish of the season (without any more mishaps) and move forward and decide if we want to do this again.Armed with the potential pitfalls I think the second time around could be a lot better. The one thing I cannot stress enough is full participation from the team captains is essential. I counted 12 matches that were not full.Anyways, that's all I have for now.
No, I am not blaming you for this at all... I just said that it will be a problem and we should try and see if there is a way to fix it. Obviously there wasn't a way to fix it. I was basically saying I knew this would happen, that's all.

2+2 is having a tourney similar to this one, except all matches are HU limit pokerto ensure that all players play their matches, they make a substantial deposit (i think $100) along with their buy in. this deposity is returned to them after they have played all their matches and forfeited otherwise. maybe we could do something like this next time. also, it seems we had too many participants as there have been several drop outs.

That's cool. I didn't think you were, just wanted to be sure.With the lack of communication and so many less than full tournys, yes, it was bound to happen, and already happened once or twice before last night.

OK Guys. First of all I want to apologize to everyone for this mess. It has been decided to scratch tonight's match and last night's match. We're hoping to have everyone returned tickets and the matches rescheduled for the end of the season. I am currently working on this process and will post when things are more worked out. Please be patient with us. Thanks

as i said in the other thread, just HOW MANY points has team poopoo mcmuffins been ****ed out of due to cleared games?
We are going to work everything out tomorrow and will post with the details when they are available. Once again we are sorry for this complication.That being said if anyone knows the list of people who played in last nights match along with the list of people who played in tonights match that would be greatly appreciated.
We are going to work everything out tomorrow and will post with the details when they are available. Once again we are sorry for this complication.That being said if anyone knows the list of people who played in last nights match along with the list of people who played in tonights match that would be greatly appreciated.
tonights was me, specbrad, dna, cody, naturalselection, teneight, the other guy from teneights team whose name evades me, and vick.
tonights was me, specbrad, dna, cody, naturalselection, teneight, the other guy from teneights team whose name evades me, and vick.
The Enforcer I believe. Last night was myself, The Enforcer (again), Nell, WKTSWAY, AceJackoff, you and a few others I can't remember.

So how did I end up last night? Did I take a spot in the top 3.Sorry to just sit out and not care last nite guys. No one else seemed to wanna just go all in and end it, hope it all worked out.

Announcements