;oajldfjals did i blow this one again?

7 handed final 27 of the 45k on stars. I guess a lot of people busted this hand or something, because they hadn't moved us to full tables yet. Anyway, Ive been showing ALOT of patience even w/ short stacks during the tourney Ive only shown good hands. Ive also been playing at this table for about 3 hrs. by now it was a total crapshoot. People are dropping like flies, and blinds are raising like crazy.blinds 15k/30k 1.5k ante. I have 275k in chips. It folds to me in the sb w/ K9. 55k ish in the pot already. I push against a TAG BB, who does his fair share of gambling w/ hands like A10 55 etc. He has like a 500k stack. would you push?

I am curious as to why you would decide to put your entire tournament on the line to pick up 55K in chips at that juncture. Do you feel that the remaining opponents are better than you? I think a standard raise will accomplish the same thing as a push there (but I wasn't there, so who knows), with far less risk. 8)

I am curious as to why you would decide to put your entire tournament on the line to pick up 55K in chips at that juncture.  Do you feel that the remaining opponents are better than you?  I think a standard raise will accomplish the same thing as a push there (but I wasn't there, so who knows), with far less risk. 8)
I like a push here because you are low enough on chips to do it. A standard raise against the BB will either get called or played back at because in the battle of blinds the SB can raise with just about anything. If that happens, what do you do?

I probably wouldn't be pushing into someone who has me covered by a ton unless I wanted a call. Pick on the little guys.As a sidenote, I hate K9 because I busted out of the WSOP event I played almost exactly how you did here, except I pushed from the button. We were into the money, but I was getting short. BB called with AT. lol

I am curious as to why you would decide to put your entire tournament on the line to pick up 55K in chips at that juncture.  Do you feel that the remaining opponents are better than you?  I think a standard raise will accomplish the same thing as a push there (but I wasn't there, so who knows), with far less risk. 8)
I like a push here because you are low enough on chips to do it. A standard raise against the BB will either get called or played back at because in the battle of blinds the SB can raise with just about anything. If that happens, what do you do?
We havent been given the chip stacks of anyone else, but our M is about 5 right now, which isn't do or die IMO. Standard raise, if re-raised, fold and move on. 8)
We havent been given the chip stacks of anyone else, but our M is about 5 right now, which isn't do or die IMO. Standard raise, if re-raised, fold and move on. 8)
What amount is the standard raise in this situation? 75, 90? If we raise to 90 and get called there is 190 in the pot and 185 in our stack. How do we play it from here? If we get re-raised all in, there is 345 in the pot with 185 to call. 7-handed, effective M is less than 4.
What amount is the standard raise in this situation? 75, 90? If we raise to 90 and get called there is 190 in the pot and 185 in our stack. How do we play it from here? If we get re-raised all in, there is 345 in the pot with 185 to call. 7-handed, effective M is less than 4.
You are right about the M, forgot to factor that we are playing 7-handed. regardless though, I still do not think that you need to put your tournament at risk against someone who you have indicated is willing to gamble. 8)
I agree with this also. He's almost twice your stack and calling with a marginal hand isn't too far of a stretch for him. The only hands he would surely fold would be hands that he wouldn't play into a bet anyway, betting the pot would suffice without the risk that just so happens he does have a pocketful of irony.(happened to me a couple of times when I raised the BB in just so a situation for him to later reveal AA or KK, a bummer, but what ya gonna do, not take blinds at this level?)

With an effective M of 4, I would push here as K9 is ahead of a random hand. Of course, you're behind if he calls but that's the risk that you take.I look at it from a HU perspective and with an effective M that low, any K or A is usually worth a push.

are you serious? what is your screen name?
PrtyPsux, I've played at most 5-7 tourneys a month (including nutbar sessions in the 2$ tourneys, and tourneys w/ games that Ive never played, like Omaha). PokerDB me and shut up :-). edit:just saw my record on poker db. apparently i suck :club: dont check it.Anyway, thanks for the comments. I had just busted 11th the day before in the deepstack tourney, and Im afraid I might be gambling too much in the late stages, where I should probably just wait and make sure I final table. Of course this tourney is a crapshoot for the last 10-2 tables, so I guess I have to gamble, the pace slows down at the FT so If I get there w/ chips I have a bit of room. he called w/ KcJh btw...I hit my 9, then got runner runner flushed :-(