Kurt, I look at creation from this angle, and it is the complete opposite of what someone said earlier. All of this order could not have come from chaos. I don't know of one thing that has been built that just appeared as a result of an explosion, or of things colliding- it doesn't work like that. Intelligent design, in my mind, is the only option.
Where'd god come from?
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the begining and the end- at some point you would have to accept that he just is and always was.
Ok.So why can't the universe be eternal?
Right now though what I am trying to do, slowly, in the is thread is just take the focus off of a God figure and just show that the idea of intelligent design has more merit than some would give it. Could we agree on that for starters?
Intelligent design's merit in what?The classroom? Should never be there.As a theory or whatever? Seems as logical as when we thought gods threw lightning and stuff. We don't know the origins of the universe, so we just go ahead and say some unknowable being through unknowable means did it. Why can't we just admit that we don't know and move on?
The Earth could not be eternal, even science will tell you that it was not built to last, and is slowly and in some ways rapidly breaking down. It was built to die, just like you. As much as evolution should/could be in the classroom so should/could intelligent design.
Intellgent design is hardly scientific. If someone wants to learn about God or intelligent design, that should be left up to the churches or other institutions of theology. Otherwise, we are summing up a very complex and intriguing scientific process by just saying, "Because God made it that way."It also will defeat the purpose of discovery, as soon the kids will realize that all the answers in life - all the questions they have - can be falsely simplified into a cover-all phrase.
I didn't say that intelligent design was scientifis. Can you read? So, then by your logic what we should teach is other s hit we can't prove, which makes no sense. The argument for a intelligent being behind the design of the universe is stronger than any other. I am not going to repeat myself, I have already made the argument and so far all I get back is pretty much just anger. Where does the anger come from? Fear. Why are they afraid? I don't know, only they can tell you. You know what I find from these conversations? The hate that unbeleivers claim all religion stands for is nothing compared to the hate that spews out of there mouths when spewing there views/lack of views. It is a definite eye opener.
way to get onto someone for cussing in this thread, then go ahead and cuss yourself.[/b]
I never have really considered s hit a swear word, but we can debate that too if you like, I am game.
  • Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter 3:21- The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us.(not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answere of a good conscience towards God) by the ressuraection of Jesus Christ.
Now you see, the word 'also' in there really fucks your argument up.Just sayin'
Also meaning just as, where he is reffering to the previous scripture where- get this- 8 souls were saved by water. See, if you can read you will find that he is drawing a correlation between Noahs Ark and Baptism. I don't see why you would feel the need to swear in this conversation, but whatever. You can't read, so I will let it go and just feel bad for you. Must make it hard to make cookies, or put together a train set, or figure out a baggie of Lik M Aid. So sad.
That again is wrong Lois. Verse 21 does not in fact have anything to do with the water baptism and it is a pretty easy one to see. Verse 21 starts off with the phrase "corresponding to that" Well lets go to verse 20 to see what options we have: it could be the flood, the ark, Noahs family, or water. So the only 2 logical choices are water or the ark. Lets compare the choices: The flood waters caused distruction to the world wiping out the disobedient on the earth. Doesnt seem like that could be the correct option. what about the ark? Please turn to Hebrews 11:7 where we read "By faith Noah, being warned by God about things not yet seen, in reverence prepared an ark for the salvation of his household, by which he condemned the world, and became an heir of the righteousness which is according to faith." Well that sounds a lot more promising and did u notice what word was used twice? FAITHSo we find that b/c Noah put faith in God and went into the ark he was saved. So now back to 1 Peter 3:21" Baptism now saves you not the removal of dirt from the flesh but an appeal to God for a good conscience through the resurrection of Jesus Christ."Again it makes it clear. The baptism doesnt save you in the get wet sense but in the appeal to God for a good conscience.So we see that in order to get to the baptism based off of these verses you had to: Belief in Gods plan, Have faith in Him to deliver you from evil, and have repentence towards God. All of which can be done without water.
Right now you are no longer using KJV, and I cannot contend with any other version- it is the most sound translation known to man. Can you even read? And, were baptized- how many time did I show you this being said? An action, connected to the rest of Christ teachings, taught by Christ himself again and again and again and again- but, you are right, it's not neccesary. IT WOULD NOT BE NECCESARY TO FOLLOW WHAT CHRIST TAUGHT IF YOU BELEIVED IN HIM. If that were the case, why follow Jesus at all? You might as well call him Jebus or Devil Goat, and do something else. Anything less than complete obedience is a failure. The best part- I showed about 7 scriptures of Baptism you produced one example of not, and I didn't even use them all, I just picked a few. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
First off I use NASB it is the most literal translation available as it is a word for word translation. Ask around and ull find that I am correct. You are so blind to the truth Lois!!! it is quite shocking. You may have have showed 7 scriptures but I showed for each verse how baptism is not the necessity of the verse. You attempted to answer 3 of mine and all 3 were wrong. CHRIST NEVER TAUGHT THAT BAPTISM WAS NECESSARY FOR SALVATION!!!!! ILL REPEAT: CHRIST NEVER TAUGHT BAPTISM WAS NECESSARY FOR SALVATION. You have yet to provide a single verse that can make that case. JOHN 3:16 NOW THESE ARE JESUS'S WORDS "FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD, THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THAT WHEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL NOT PERISH, BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE." That is what Jesus taught. Those are his words. Baptism was a way of showing ur devotion to that person. Even John the Baptist said it clearly when he said: "As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not firt to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit"do you see? any baptizing by Jesus was Baptism of the Holy Spirit!!! It is very simple!!!!
Johns baptism was purely a water baptism- " Unless he be born againfof the water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. " Jesus words, not mine. And with that, I am done with you, to never speak to you or look at this thread again. You are biblically unhelpable. Good luck.
giant anal sex rabbits?
Any Video ?
HA! I check in on the "God" debate, and the first post I come across is a squirrel inquiring about anal sex rabbits video. Thanks!I just found this in an article I was reading, oddly enough. It's talking about 7th and 8th centuries, BC, that's Before Christ. I wonder why so many of "His" people were running around slaughtering each other. (I know why, because they wanted to dominate the world, to be a superpower). What I don't know is if "He" was commanding them to do it! "They (the Assyrians) brought to perfection a systematic terrorization of their adversaries…. The accounts of their campaigns enumerate with wearisome monotony the punishments inflicted after each victory; to flay men alive, to impale them by hundreds, to cut off arms, legs, noses, and ears, and then to keep their mutilated rivals shut up in cages—such was the invariable custom of their generals. Small wonder that the very names of the Assyrians inspired panic terror, and that the mere approach of their armies often forced strong kingdoms and cities to surrender and beg for mercy” (M. Rostovtzeff, The Ancient World, vol. 1). And s hit is such a cuss word, you effin' &*%((%*$! I have always wondered who defines cusswords, though. "That's a cuss word, and so, none of "God"'s people can say it." Seems pretty idiotic to me. but then, so does christianity!
Kurt, I look at creation from this angle, and it is the complete opposite of what someone said earlier. All of this order could not have come from chaos. I don't know of one thing that has been built that just appeared as a result of an explosion, or of things colliding- it doesn't work like that. Intelligent design, in my mind, is the only option.
Where'd god come from?
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the begining and the end- at some point you would have to accept that he just is and always was.
Ok.So why can't the universe be eternal?
Right now though what I am trying to do, slowly, in the is thread is just take the focus off of a God figure and just show that the idea of intelligent design has more merit than some would give it. Could we agree on that for starters?
Intelligent design's merit in what?The classroom? Should never be there.As a theory or whatever? Seems as logical as when we thought gods threw lightning and stuff. We don't know the origins of the universe, so we just go ahead and say some unknowable being through unknowable means did it. Why can't we just admit that we don't know and move on?
The Earth could not be eternal, even science will tell you that it was not built to last, and is slowly and in some ways rapidly breaking down. It was built to die, just like you. As much as evolution should/could be in the classroom so should/could intelligent design.
Intellgent design is hardly scientific. If someone wants to learn about God or intelligent design, that should be left up to the churches or other institutions of theology. Otherwise, we are summing up a very complex and intriguing scientific process by just saying, "Because God made it that way."It also will defeat the purpose of discovery, as soon the kids will realize that all the answers in life - all the questions they have - can be falsely simplified into a cover-all phrase.
I didn't say that intelligent design was scientifis. Can you read? So, then by your logic what we should teach is other s hit we can't prove, which makes no sense. The argument for a intelligent being behind the design of the universe is stronger than any other. I am not going to repeat myself, I have already made the argument and so far all I get back is pretty much just anger. Where does the anger come from? Fear. Why are they afraid? I don't know, only they can tell you. You know what I find from these conversations? The hate that unbeleivers claim all religion stands for is nothing compared to the hate that spews out of there mouths when spewing there views/lack of views. It is a definite eye opener.
way to get onto someone for cussing in this thread, then go ahead and cuss yourself.[/b]
I never have really considered s hit a swear word, but we can debate that too if you like, I am game.
heh, ok. "do as i say, not as i do" pretty damn typical or wait, is damn a swear word too?
Johns baptism was purely a water baptism- " Unless he be born againfof the water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. " Jesus words, not mine.And with that, I am done with you, to never speak to you or look at this thread again. You are biblically unhelpable. Good luck.
correct Johns was the Jewish thought on baptism not the christian baptism. Youll find that if you look in the OT that it is that. So all you proved was that John was a Jew...Congrates. Again you misinterprete John 3:5 b/c of your ignorance and pride. When you feel like putting those aside you will see the truthAs for your so called verses that u paraded around as proof of baptism. I believe I answered every single one showing that baptism was never a necessity of faith but instead that baptism was a declaration of faith done after a person became a believer. You on the other hand never gave an answer for any of these versesJohn 3:16Ephesians 2:8-9Titus 3:5-6Acts 10:44-481 Corinthians 1:17 (Read the verse before it and u will see Paul in fact converted people but did not baptize them and he makes that direct pointOff the top of my head those are ones u never could give an explanation. But hey its understandable. Its hard to get around verses that say "you are saved by grace through faith alone" Kind of a clear messageLois you ran from discussion in off topic and i guess you plan to run from this too. The bible can work 2 ways. You can search for the verses to fit ur own answers (as the mormons do) or you can let it reveal itself to you. I truly pray that you will put ur pride away and choose the latter. You will find that God has so much more to say when you let Him
  • 2 years later...

OP, you fundamental bastard, why wont you just take a hike. Goddamn I hate religion. Did I say hate? Oh yeah I did. I sure do hate it cuz it's all bullshit and I'm so fed up arguing with blinded people like you. Conclusion: be a sick turd somewhere else and leave FCP far from your twisted mind.

wow. so daniel can't be spiritual because he plays poker? Interesting...
really though, read the bible. I sort of smirked when I seen that italian guy on the one edition of PAD, one with Daniel. The guy was wearing a big cross necklace and I thought, "How many gamblers get into Heaven?".. I know a fair bit about the bible, spending 400-800 on BLINDS isn't something God would see as a meaninful effort. Gambling isn't a huge "plus", I'll say that much.To say Daniel's faith is laughable is pretty stupid, and demoralizing for Mr. Negreanu. He's on the right path, as far as his personal faith is concerned. How can someone say it's idiotic to live such a way and believe in such a way, then go on about his college education furthering his disbelief in God.. blah blah.. it seemed more personal with Daniel than anything. Are you Greg Raymer? Daniel's faith only makes him stronger. Believe it or not, I'm willing to guess Daniels IQ far exceeds your own.
I know this thread cks since no one even responded to my is hell exothermic post................
I prefer the following test:http://www.ebonmusings.org/atheism/guestes...eligion101.htmlSome choice questions:3. You are a product tester and frequently bring your work home. Yesterday, while dressed in a flame resistant suit (up to 3,000 degrees) and carrying the latest model fire extinguisher, you discover your neighbor's house is on fire. As the flames quickly spread, you stand and watch your neighbor's new baby burn to death. Which of the following best describes your behavior? A. All-powerful B. All-knowing C. All-loving D. Mysterious5. You are the incarnated Son of the all-powerful and all-loving Creator of the universe. What would be a good way to demonstrate your compassion and power? A. Cure cancer forever B. Cause all the earth's deserts to bloom with food crops C. Unite the world with a common language and an end to poverty D. Conjure up a jug of wine and follow it up by walking on water6. Since we can never "know" whether or not a God exists - it is fundamentally a matter of "faith" - it's best to be a believer since you have nothing to lose, but everything to lose if your disbelief is incorrect. Keeping in mind that the fate of your soul depends on the right choice, in which God should you place your belief? For extra credit, include a brief essay justifying your choice, along with the reasons why you reject the other three. A. Zeus B. Quetzalcoatl C. Vishnu D. The Holy Trinity(*Note: Choice D assumes you were born around 400 A.D. or later, after the invention of the Trinity)21. Jesus was God, and God knows all things, including all the medical knowledge that will ever be known. Why did Jesus blame demons for the case of epilepsy he cured? A. He was suffering from a temporary case of "brain freeze" B. The Aramaic word for "demon" is the same as the word for "cranial malfunction" C. Neurology was not his specialty D. In first-century Palestine, demons really did cause epilepsy. This affliction only began to be caused by electrochemical brain activity after about 1850 A.D.25. A great sadness has come into your life which you feel you cannot bear. A friend informs you of a free counseling service which has never failed to aid and comfort many others. You call the counselor; the phone rings and rings with no answer; you finally hang up. What is the most likely explanation? A. The counselor is sitting by the phone but not answering in order to test your faith in him B. The counselor always stands ready to hear your pleas for help, but sometimes the answer is "no" C. The counselor will not answer because he wants you to profit by the spiritual strength that only comes through suffering D. The counselor is not home

Hey everyone. For those of you who are still reading this particular topic I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I agree with the OP in the sense that God plays no role in whether you win or lose a hand of poker. If DN believes in God, cool, who cares. People can believe whatever they want. But when people at a poker table start asking/praying for God's help when they are behind in a hand all in preflop like Jerry Yang did every hand during the World Series of poker main event 2007, that pisses the hell out of me. I was sincerely outraged after watching him pray to God asking him to show his miracles. That is 100% bs! Do I believe in God? Yeah. But my one main argument is that I find it hard to believe that everyone on the planet who doesn't believe in God are going to hell, when those people are so sure about their own religions and their own heavens. It doesn't overly make sense to me. But I digress...In conclusion, believing in God will not balance out your unlucky streak nor will it help your 6s hold up against AQs.

Wow, what a great thread. I enjoyed the part on about page 5 when somebody (Mosley) tried to talk down to be about math. Funny, funny stuff. He of course later apologized and begged us to ignore his previous stupidity. Of course we didn't and are still laughing about it two years later. So everyone, enjoy the eternal legacy of an idiot.But yeah, this thread is what made old school FCP great.

Hey everyone. For those of you who are still reading this particular topic I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I agree with the OP in the sense that God plays no role in whether you win or lose a hand of poker. If DN believes in God, cool, who cares. People can believe whatever they want. But when people at a poker table start asking/praying for God's help when they are behind in a hand all in preflop like Jerry Yang did every hand during the World Series of poker main event 2007, that pisses the hell out of me. I was sincerely outraged after watching him pray to God asking him to show his miracles. That is 100% bs! Do I believe in God? Yeah. But my one main argument is that I find it hard to believe that everyone on the planet who doesn't believe in God are going to hell, when those people are so sure about their own religions and their own heavens. It doesn't overly make sense to me. But I digress...In conclusion, believing in God will not balance out your unlucky streak nor will it help your 6s hold up against AQs.
God doesn't send the sins to hell, he sends the person. just like a judge doesn't send the crimes to prison, he sends the criminal. This is always the part of the bible that early believers have problems with. All of these people are going to hell? If Jesus does exist, and the bible speaks how we should live our lives.. yes, yes, they are.But again, Yang's prayers could have been the reason he won. He knew who was really in control. Read the bible, it isn't that far fetched to think Jesus helped a man who promised to give much of the proceeds to charities win. Who else? Someone that wanted a bentley? lol. Jesus's hands would have been sort of tied. I don't think you take your spirituality very seriously to be this dopey. But again, I don't know either way.
God doesn't send the sins to hell, he sends the person. just like a judge doesn't send the crimes to prison, he sends the criminal. This is always the part of the bible that early believers have problems with. All of these people are going to hell? If Jesus does exist, and the bible speaks how we should live our lives.. yes, yes, they are.But again, Yang's prayers could have been the reason he won. He knew who was really in control. Read the bible, it isn't that far fetched to think Jesus helped a man who promised to give much of the proceeds to charities win. Who else? Someone that wanted a bentley? lol. Jesus's hands would have been sort of tied. I don't think you take your spirituality very seriously to be this dopey. But again, I don't know either way.
Awesome. We have established you have read the Bible. Good for you! Go read a book on any other religion and then tell me what will happen to the non believers of their religion. ie: Gadesh or BuddhaOnce again I would like to state Yang's prayers had jack shit to do with his winning. He got lucky and that is that. Maybe if I pray to God to win the lottery and donate half of the winnings to charity I will win too!
Awesome. We have established you have read the Bible. Good for you! Go read a book on any other religion and then tell me what will happen to the non believers of their religion. ie: Gadesh or BuddhaOnce again I would like to state Yang's prayers had jack shit to do with his winning. He got lucky and that is that. Maybe if I pray to God to win the lottery and donate half of the winnings to charity I will win too!
he sincerely believes in Jesus Christ, so maybe that helps? lol. He doesn't say "I believe in God", but the details aren't my cup of tea. That probably hurts your chances.