• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no god.
F'd your P.
You do realize, that to be able to make such a claim, allin, you need to have absolute knowledge, which you do not. To be able to say "there is no god" you have to have complete knowledge of everything.You don't have that knowledge, thus your statement is foolish.
and you making an absolute statement of "there is a god" is equally foolish.
Nope, here's why.I have the evidence of personal experience. I have experienced God.Look at it this way. You guys are making an absolute statement equally ludicrous to "there is no tea in china." In order to make that statement, i have to have absolute knowledge of China, but in order to DISPROVE that statement, I must simply have evidence of some tea in China.
if christianity is correct, i'd rather go to hell
That might be the most absurd and untrue statement said so far.
sorry, i didn't know that christians not only brainwash, but they also know the real truth behind my preferences.wow, you really ARE almighty
there is no god.
F'd your P.
You do realize, that to be able to make such a claim, allin, you need to have absolute knowledge, which you do not. To be able to say "there is no god" you have to have complete knowledge of everything.You don't have that knowledge, thus your statement is foolish.
Nope, here's why.I have the evidence of personal experience. I have experienced God.Look at it this way. You guys are making an absolute statement equally ludicrous to "there is no tea in china." In order to make that statement, i have to have absolute knowledge of China, but in order to DISPROVE that statement, I must simply have evidence of some tea in China.
how the hell do you have evidence you've experienced god? maybe they were just some funky shrooms one night?
sorry, i didn't know that christians not only brainwash, but they also know the real truth behind my preferences.wow, you really ARE almighty
You'd rather spend an eternity in hell, a place of torture that will never, ever, ever end than spend eternity with God? Does that sound logical? It seems logical to me that since you are able to type you wouldn't make that statement truthfully with understanding.
there is no god.
F'd your P.
how the hell do you have evidence you've experienced god? maybe they were just some funky shrooms one night?
How does a child have evidence a burner is hot?
You'd rather spend an eternity in hell, a place of torture that will never, ever, ever end than spend eternity with God? Does that sound logical? It seems logical to me that since you are able to type you wouldn't make that statement truthfully with understanding.
i have perfect understanding of the situation, and yes, i'd rather go to hell than go to heaven. i'll fit in much better.

Not tryin to correct your or anything Steppin...just want to make some additions to ur points:

I don't know Hebrew, so I can't say I've ever read the Old Testament in its original language. However, I suspect that at some point in history, through the translations and versions of the bible, a pretty accurate translation into English would not be too hard.
Yes you would think that would be true but many problems exist mainly we dont always have words to match up with the Hebrew and for that matter the greek. The NASB version is the "closest" we have to the original text as it is a word for word translation. (NIV is a phrase for phrase). Even still the NASB can be difficult at times to read b/c well something is always lost in the translation. English grammar isnt the same as Hebrew grammar or greek grammar and that isnt necessarily accounted for b/c often the sentences wouldnt make sense if it was literally translated. So some arranging must be done. I hope that makes sense...Im not always skilled at presenting a clear picture
One can only conclude that this apparent contradiction (note I wrote apparent) has a purpose for being there.There is also Genesis 2:5 to 2:8 which is a different account than chapter 1 of when man was created.
again i am not tryin to call u out but i dont mind at least tossin out some of the ideas on it so that all who read might at least get an answer...verse 2:5-8 is fairly similar to 2-19 in that it seems to be a contradiction in our eyes. The problem lies that we have different gramatical ideals then they did. This leads to a few ideas as to why it is the way it is: 1. It is a common theme of the Hebrew writing to start with the end and work back...ie talk about the house first and then discuss how it was built. so that coudl be a possibility.2. the second is that while God put the plants trees shrubs etc..there, he had not given them the ability to multiply yet. this would seem logical as there was nobody to cultivate the land yet as man didnt exist. There are a few other possible solutions but those are 2 good ones to consider.
there is no god.
F'd your P.
burning the hell out of their hand and running to mommy to show the burn.show me your "God Wuz Here" tattoo and maybe i'll believe you.
there is no god.
F'd your P.
Do you have a real answer?
there is no god.
F'd your P.
Do you have a real answer?
he gave a real answer. the 'christian' answer, which consists of an obscure question that bares no relevance on the topic at hand, and he'll sit back now with his arms crossed (or in praying fashion) with a smug grin on his face as we "fall into his trap" and answer the question, which somehow "proves" his point.

Look, I'm not going to go on with this, Pupsta. Here's why:You are not seeking knowledge. You are prideful. However, I am not completely unreachable.If you want to learn how not to go to hell, you can always private message me and I will respond in complete sincerity with the most important news you could ever hear.Have a good one,Guinevar

Look, I'm not going to go on with this, Pupsta. Here's why:You are not seeking knowledge. You are prideful. However, I am not completely unreachable.If you want to learn how not to go to hell, you can always private message me and I will respond in complete sincerity with the most important news you could ever hear.Have a good one,Guinevar
you're right, i'm not seeking knowledge from you.no human being on this planet has the knowledge of the afterlife. you don't know until you GET to the afterlife. seeking knowledge from you or from pastor bob or reverend joe is like asking stevie wonder to read a map of oshkosh and give me directions.i know exactly how i can avoid hell. i can die. that'll put me 6 feet into the ground, not in some fiery pit.
This didn't help your case.
no human being on this planet has the knowledge of the afterlife. i know exactly how i can avoid hell. i can die. that'll put me 6 feet into the ground, not in some fiery pit.
More absolute statements without absolute knowledge.
no human being on this planet has the knowledge of the afterlife. i know exactly how i can avoid hell. i can die. that'll put me 6 feet into the ground, not in some fiery pit.
so how can you tell me how to avoid hell without absolute knowledge? or do you have absolute knowledge and are just modest?
You do realize, that to be able to make such a claim, allin, you need to have absolute knowledge, which you do not. To be able to say "there is no god" you have to have complete knowledge of everything.
None of us do have complete information.The information that we have is so incomplete that it's difficult to say anything on these matters with any authority.If i was to die tomorrow and be faced with my creator, it seems more plausible that we'd be having a good laugh at people insane enough to be certain of his or her existence than it is that i'd be condemned to hell.
I have the evidence of personal experience. I have experienced God. Look at it this way. You guys are making an absolute statement equally ludicrous to "there is no tea in china." In order to make that statement, i have to have absolute knowledge of China, but in order to DISPROVE that statement, I must simply have evidence of some tea in China.
If claiming that you have untestable, unfalsifiable evidence will suffice, let the records show that I've experienced Asdf; the god of crapulence. ...In all honesty, maybe some day I'll hallucinate my way into a life of faith. I dont know.
so how can you tell me how to avoid hell without absolute knowledge? or do you have absolute knowledge and are just modest?
You misunderstand me. I am not saying one must have absolute knowledge to know any fact at all. I can know 3 * 9 = 27 and not know everything. Just like I can know how to not go to hell and not have absolute knowledge.
You misunderstand me. I am not saying one must have absolute knowledge to know any fact at all. I can know 3 * 9 = 27 and not know everything. Just like I can know how to not go to hell and not have absolute knowledge.
your "knowledge" of how to avoid hell is exactly equal to my "knowledge" that there is no hell.so we're even.
your "knowledge" of how to avoid hell is exactly equal to my "knowledge" that there is no hell.so we're even.
Nope. I'm pretty sure you realize you aren't even considering the fact you can't make absolute statements without absolute knowledge.You do understand that, right?Off to bed.
Nope. I'm pretty sure you realize you aren't even considering the fact you can't make absolute statements without absolute knowledge.You do understand that, right?Off to bed.
what in the hell are you talking about? lolso your "knowledge" of hell is right because it just is, but my "knowledge" of the lack of hell is wrong because it'd be an 'absolute knowledge"?is this correct?
Nope. I'm pretty sure you realize you aren't even considering the fact you can't make absolute statements without absolute knowledge. You do understand that, right?
There is a magical three headed horse that cruises through the universe devouring planets.Is it unreasonable to say im wrong?Or how about this.Are you close enough to being certain that im wrong that entertaining the possibility of me being right is pointless? I dont think anyone will say that it's completely absurd to entertain the notion of a god. Most "atheists" just think that it's so unlikely that they dont need to put it up there on a list of truths they view as probable.
Nope. I'm pretty sure you realize you aren't even considering the fact you can't make absolute statements without absolute knowledge. You do understand that, right?
There is a magical three headed horse that cruises through the universe devouring planets.Is it unreasonable to say im wrong?Or how about this.Are you close enough to being certain that im wrong that entertaining the possibility of me being right is pointless? I dont think anyone will say that it's completely absurd to entertain the notion of a god. Most "atheists" just think that it's so unlikely that they dont need to put it up there on a list of truths they view as probable.
Heres the thing with this kind of argument. It was what woudl be called a "brain in a vat argument." You can make this statemen and u might even believe its true. But now the burden is on your to prove it exists which you cannot prove therefore the argument is not logical.