3 tournies, 2 wins, 3 final tables

hey all,long time lurker, one of my first posts.over the last 4 days i've been in 3 ten dollar MTT's on stars. (ID twebza, but the pokerdb hasnt been updated yet to reflect my last few days.) I've made the FT in 3 of them, and i've won 2 of them. my winnings add to just about 5k. there were roughly 1200 entrants in each.yes it felt good to brag.but my serious question, are results at this level indicative of what i can do at the next level? will my game carry over to middle/lower high stakes? will i be a winning player if i keep the same game that propelled me in these tournies?best,twebza

same game...and same luck..play 3 more tournies, i'll bet you your 5k you don't make a final table in any of them.$10 MTT 1,000 entries minimum.- Jordanps - i will actually bet if you want..but not 5k, I'll lay 2k down though. that is if you are that comfortable with your "skill" in these things.:club:

luck is an element in that my hands weren't cracked. luck won't get me to the final 9 three times in a row when there is 1200, 1200, and 860 people. i thought the same thing, "there's no way this is happening again" but it has. what do u think about higher stakes

well thats not even totally true. in the one tourn where i got 9th, 13 handed i was AI preflop with AA v KJ. board read x x 9 T Q. so i wont even say that much. but you get the point

does that mean you'll take the bet?we can use MODS on the site and send them 2k each.if you make 3 final tables in 3 mtts you get my 2kif you miss one, i get your 2khow's it sound?$10 MTT 1k or more entries- Jordan

nah im not stupid. variance makes poker a cruel game, and im willing to admit that i wont make 3 more in a row. i probably wont even make one in my next 10. please look at my original question though... thanks guys

luck is an element in that my hands weren't cracked. luck won't get me to the final 9 three times in a row when there is 1200, 1200, and 860 people. i thought the same thing, "there's no way this is happening again" but it has. what do u think about higher stakes
Depends on what you view as higher stakes.$50 MTT aren't "higher" stakes...I'm not even I'd say $100 is...You'd have to ask more of the "higher" stakes MTT players here, but I bet they'd tell you you don't really notice much change till the $300 and higher buy ins...but even then there are so many donkey's that play MTTs in general...i dunno. I think you should take your 5k bankroll and start playing the $200 - $300 range (sike).In seriousness, move up I guess, and I really wouldn't worry about the skill level.- Jordan
what do all those abbreviations mean tp/mm etc.brb in a few hours
if you're going away for a few hours, dont say "brb", because it stands for Be Right Back, which you obviously won't. Turn Pro/Make Millionsand try out some $20 and $30 tournies, same bunch of people, and if you win you get twice as much.
Depends on what you view as higher stakes.$50 MTT aren't "higher" stakes...I'm not even I'd say $100 is...You'd have to ask more of the "higher" stakes MTT players here, but I bet they'd tell you you don't really notice much change till the $300 and higher buy ins...but even then there are so many donkey's that play MTTs in general...i dunno. I think you should take your 5k bankroll and start playing the $200 - $300 range (sike).In seriousness, move up I guess, and I really wouldn't worry about the skill level.- Jordan
Bzzzzzt. Wrong!
Bzzzzzt. Wrong!
enlighten us then, fascist.- Jordan
Bzzzzzt. Wrong!
enlighten us then, fascist .- Jordan
that was funny
Bzzzzzt. Wrong!
enlighten us then, fascist.- Jordan
Snicker to the facist comment. Nh.Seriously, if you think there is no skill difference between a $50 and a $10, you are on crack. In most 50s that I play on Stars, I am seeing a LOT of flops if I crack 10%, because there are so many weak-tighties that I can liberally raise preflop and take down the blinds without any effort. In a $10, I am shocked if I don't crack 16 or 17%, because people will call your preflop raises with anything.I think that the skill level between 10 and 20 is not discernable. In later stages, I can tell whether I am playing a 20 or a 30. Since 30s are rare, I will use 20s as my reference point. I would say that there is very little difference between 10s and 20s. There is a large large difference between 20s and 50s. There is a massive difference between 20s and 100s.Now the next question is-what is the easiest tourney on stars to accumulate chips? I will give you a hint-it has the largest prize pool.