A six max game was breaking up, but the remaining guy was a donkey, so I played him until more players came. The hand converter is confused by HU hands, but I have the SB and am OOP on all odd numbered hands. This is a 3/6 game with a $1 SB.Hand 1Preflop: econ_tim is BB with T:heart:, J:heart:. Button posts a blind of $3. econ_tim raises, Button (poster) calls.Flop: (4 SB) 7:club:, Q:spade:, 3:diamond: (2 players)econ_tim bets, Button calls.Turn: (3 BB) 2:club: (2 players)econ_tim bets, Button calls.River: (5 BB) 5:heart: (2 players)econ_tim checks, Button checks.Final Pot: 5 BBResults in white below: Button has 2h 4h (one pair, twos). econ_tim has Th Jh (high card, queen). Outcome: Button wins 5 BB. Hand 2Preflop: econ_tim is Button with 4:heart:, 2:club:. econ_tim posts a blind of $3. BB calls, econ_tim (poster) checks.Flop: (2 SB) A:diamond:, 7:heart:, 8:heart: (2 players)BB checks, econ_tim checks.Turn: (1 BB) 3:spade: (2 players)BB checks, econ_tim checks.River: (1 BB) 3:club: (2 players)BB checks, econ_tim checks.Final Pot: 1 BBResults in white below: BB has 9d 5s (one pair, threes). econ_tim has 4h 2c (one pair, threes). Outcome: BB wins 1 BB. Hand 3Preflop: econ_tim is BB with J:club:, 7:club:. Button posts a blind of $3. econ_tim raises, Button (poster) calls.Flop: (4 SB) A:club:, T:heart:, 4:diamond: (2 players)econ_tim bets, Button folds.Hand 4Preflop: econ_tim is Button with T:spade:, 7:club:. econ_tim posts a blind of $3. 1 fold.Hand 5Preflop: econ_tim is BB with T:spade:, 3:diamond:. Button posts a blind of $3. 1 fold.Hand 6Preflop: econ_tim is Button with A:spade:, 4:heart:. econ_tim posts a blind of $3. BB calls, econ_tim (poster) raises, BB calls.Flop: (4 SB) 3:spade:, K:club:, 4:diamond: (2 players)BB checks, econ_tim bets, BB calls.Turn: (3 BB) 2:spade: (2 players)BB checks, econ_tim bets, BB calls.River: (5 BB) 9:club: (2 players)BB checks, econ_tim checks.Final Pot: 5 BBResults in white below: BB has 5s 6h (straight, six high). econ_tim has As 4h (one pair, fours). Outcome: BB wins 5 BB. Hand 7Preflop: econ_tim is BB with 2:spade:, 6:spade:. Button posts a blind of $3. 1 fold.Hand 8Preflop: econ_tim is Button with 5:diamond:, 6:diamond:. econ_tim posts a blind of $3. BB calls, econ_tim (poster) checks.Flop: (2 SB) 3:diamond:, 8:heart:, K:heart: (2 players)BB checks, econ_tim checks.Turn: (1 BB) K:diamond: (2 players)BB bets, econ_tim folds.Hand 9Preflop: econ_tim is BB with T:diamond:, 6:heart:. Button posts a blind of $3. econ_tim calls, Button (poster) checks.Flop: (2 SB) 7:heart:, 7:spade:, 8:club: (2 players)econ_tim checks, Button checks.Turn: (1 BB) 2:spade: (2 players)econ_tim checks, Button bets, econ_tim folds.Hand 10Preflop: econ_tim is Button with T:diamond:, Q:heart:. econ_tim posts a blind of $3. BB raises, econ_tim (poster) calls.Flop: (4 SB) 7:heart:, T:club:, 6:spade: (2 players)BB bets, BB calls.Turn: (4 BB) J:spade: (2 players)BB checks, econ_tim bets, BB calls.River: (6 BB) J:heart: (2 players)BB bets, econ_tim calls.Final Pot: 8 BBResults in white below: BB has 5d 5c (two pair, jacks and fives). econ_tim has Td Qh (two pair, jacks and tens). Outcome: econ_tim wins 8 BB. Hand 11Preflop: econ_tim is BB with 3:spade:, 3:heart:. Button posts a blind of $3. econ_tim raises, Button (poster) calls.Flop: (4 SB) 6:diamond:, 9:spade:, 6:club: (2 players)econ_tim bets, Button folds.Hand 12Preflop: econ_tim is Button with A:spade:, 5:spade:. econ_tim posts a blind of $3. BB calls, econ_tim (poster) raises, BB calls.Flop: (4 SB) 7:spade:, 7:club:, 5:diamond: (2 players)BB bets, econ_tim calls.Turn: (5 BB) Q:spade: (2 players)BB bets, econ_tim calls.River: (7 BB) 4:spade: (2 players)BB checks, econ_tim bets, BB calls.Final Pot: 9 BBResults in white below: BB has 3c 3s (two pair, sevens and threes). econ_tim has As 5s (flush, ace high). Outcome: econ_tim wins 9 BB. Hand 13Preflop: econ_tim is BB with K:diamond:, T:diamond:. Button posts a blind of $3. econ_tim raises.Final Pot: 1.50 BBHand 14Preflop: econ_tim is Button with 4:spade:, 4:heart:. econ_tim posts a blind of $3. BB calls, econ_tim (poster) raises, BB calls.Flop: (4 SB) 3:diamond:, 6:heart:, 7:heart: (2 players)BB checks, econ_tim bets, BB folds.Hand 15Preflop: econ_tim is BB with J:diamond:, K:spade:. Button posts a blind of $3. econ_tim raises.Hand 16Preflop: econ_tim is Button with 4:heart:, T:club:. econ_tim posts a blind of $3. 1 fold.Hand 17Preflop: econ_tim is BB with 7:spade:, Q:spade:. Button posts a blind of $3. econ_tim raises, Button (poster) calls.Flop: (4 SB) 9:club:, Q:diamond:, 6:heart: (2 players)econ_tim bets, Button calls.Turn: (3 BB) 3:spade: (2 players)econ_tim bets, Button calls.River: (5 BB) T:club: (2 players)econ_tim bets, Button calls.Final Pot: 7 BBResults in white below: Button has 8h Ad (high card, ace). econ_tim has 7s Qs (one pair, queens). Outcome: econ_tim wins 7 BB. Hand 18Preflop: econ_tim is Button with 2:spade:, T:spade:. econ_tim posts a blind of $3. 1 fold.Hand 19Preflop: econ_tim is BB with 5:spade:, 6:heart:. Button posts a blind of $3. 1 fold.Hand 20Preflop: econ_tim is Button with K:spade:, Q:spade:. econ_tim posts a blind of $3. BB calls, econ_tim (poster) raises, BB folds.

why are you posting all these together?
cause its better then creating like 20 seperate threadstim, I'll give u thoughts when I sober up. I'm glad though that u posted a HU session as HU limit is something that I've been meaning to get into a lot more. Hopefully soon we'll be getting a short handed section :pray:

Hand 12Preflop: econ_tim is Button with ASuit: Spade, 5Suit: Spade. econ_tim posts a blind of $3.BB calls, econ_tim (poster) raises, BB calls.Flop: (4 SB) 7Suit: Spade, 7Suit: Club, 5Suit: Diamond (2 players)BB bets, econ_tim raises, BB 3-bets, econ_tim calls.Turn: (5 BB) QSuit: Spade (2 players)BB bets, econ_tim calls.River: (7 BB) 4Suit: Spade (2 players)BB checks, econ_tim bets, BB calls.Final Pot: 9 BBResults in white below:BB has 3c 3s (two pair, sevens and threes).econ_tim has As 5s (flush, ace high).Outcome: econ_tim wins 9 BB. Tim, do you plan on calling the river if its a blank?

why are you posting all these together?
it's a session
okI just thought we preferred separate hands.i guess in these HU things it helps for all of us to see several hands to get a sense of the tempo etc..okI thought you might be drunk again.

1 - 5: I play the same6: Value bet the shit out of that river.7: Fine8: I probably would have bet the flop. You have been playing really honest, and this is a hard flop for him to call without a peice of it (K high, no straight draws). 2:1 on your money is looking good here.9: I bet here too. He may fold and if not, you could have up to 10 outs (7 at least). Bet and see what happens.10: Raise/fold the river. You don't have to worry about tricky stuff from this guy, and you haven't got out of line yet. I see weak players donk obvious scare cards on the river with weak made hands all the time. I think it's an excellent line that works well for them since it freezes most TAGs, and sometimes folds hands like 7x. And while they will almost always call a raise (the weakness in their line), they rarely have to because most players aren't raising here without a J)11: Good12: Very good. I bet a lot of people are going to tell you to raise the turn here, but I don't like that. Usually villian will lead the river anyway, and you can pick up bets then. Too often you get 3-bet on this turn.13-20: All good.Very nice Tim.

What is the blind structure for this game your at?  Is it sb first to act and OOP for the entire hand?
on party, they don't adjust for sb/button play, so the button is the BB for all hands(which would make me want to raise a ton otb/bb in these situations). the blind structure is a 1/3 structure at party. I know that AP just switched to a 2/3 strucutre for 3/6
What is the blind structure for this game your at?  Is it sb first to act and OOP for the entire hand?
Yeah. That's what happens when 6-max games bread down. It sucks.
I'd have just quit the game with this kind of structure unless I'm up against a total donk.

As for your hands and what I can make out of it.Hand #6, value bet the riverHand #8. I'd probably bet the flop to try and steal the pot. Witht eh way you played it, raising the turn is not too bad either if your opponent tends to bet whenever shown weakness.Hand #9. I bet my gutshot here and try to take it down.Hand #10, I raise/fold the river, seems like he has a weak pair and doesn't want it to be checked down.Everything else I play the same way.

Tim, do you plan on calling the river if its a blank?
yes, i think the flop 3-bet is a 5x or worse often enough to show my hand down
I fugured since it seems like the proper play which is why I would probably raise his bet on the turn. It gives you the option to check the river behind him alot, gains you another bet if you flush out on the river or hit an A, and adds some FE.basically, a free card play on the turn, but youve got decent showdown value even if you miss.
Tim, do you plan on calling the river if its a blank?
yes, i think the flop 3-bet is a 5x or worse often enough to show my hand down
I fugured since it seems like the proper play which is why I would probably raise his bet on the turn. It gives you the option to check the river behind him alot, gains you another bet if you flush out on the river or hit an A, and adds some FE.basically, a free card play on the turn, but youve got decent showdown value even if you miss.
against this player, he figures to have a 7 a fair percentage of the time. when he does, we will get 3-bet on the turn. that really hurts us because we have to call. just because we plan to call a river bet, doesn't mean we should raise the turn. we aren't good on the turn enough against this player to warrant a raise, and we certainly aren't folding a better hand. yet we are good often enough to call the river bet.also, when he bets the turn, he's usually betting the river too. given the player description, he will usually call a raise. so if we improve, we will usually pick up an extra bet anyway.
1 - 5: I play the same6: Value bet the censored out of that river.7: Fine8: I probably would have bet the flop. You have been playing really honest, and this is a hard flop for him to call without a peice of it (K high, no straight draws). 2:1 on your money is looking good here.9: I bet here too. He may fold and if not, you could have up to 10 outs (7 at least). Bet and see what happens.10: Raise/fold the river. You don't have to worry about tricky stuff from this guy, and you haven't got out of line yet. I see weak players donk obvious scare cards on the river with weak made hands all the time. I think it's an excellent line that works well for them since it freezes most TAGs, and sometimes folds hands like 7x. And while they will almost always call a raise (the weakness in their line), they rarely have to because most players aren't raising here without a J)11: Good12: Very good. I bet a lot of people are going to tell you to raise the turn here, but I don't like that. Usually villian will lead the river anyway, and you can pick up bets then. Too often you get 3-bet on this turn.13-20: All good.Very nice Tim.
First of all nice jobI have never played a hand at party so I don't know if you can get the histories right away. I will assume that you can. I would see that he makes this weak play on hand 10, and that would dictate the play on hand 12. So I will be the one saying raise the turn on hand 12, feeling that first off your 5 may be good. Just from earlier plays he would slow play a 7, ie checking the straight on hand 6, and there is no preflop raise to make you think he has a pp larger than a 5. Having said that if you somehow could be sure he would bet when the flush card hits, then I to would just call the turn. You really can't know that so I would raise here. Hand 18, because you are pounding on this guy, I would play the 56o. Sometimes in HU matches being out of position is a good thing, you can bluff first, so Id play the 56o here. At this point in the match it is obvious he is outclassed, and I'd be taking as many flops with this guy as I could. well done sir
Hand 18, because you are pounding on this guy, I would play the 56o. Sometimes in HU matches being out of position is a good thing, you can bluff first, so Id play the 56o here. At this point in the match it is obvious he is outclassed, and I'd be taking as many flops with this guy as I could.
I'd normally play the 56o. Remeber these hands have two differences from a normal HU match. First, the Button is the BB, and second the SB is 1/3rd of the BB.I know both of these differences mean I should play fewer hands from the SB, but I'm not sure what the cutoff is. Plus, I think this guy will check from the BB a lot, so I can see cheap flops. If it were 56s, I'd play it.
8: I probably would have bet the flop. You have been playing really honest, and this is a hard flop for him to call without a peice of it (K high, no straight draws). 2:1 on your money is looking good here.
This guy was giving way too many free cards and calling down with the wrong hands. So my plan was to bet made hands (or strong draws) and check otherwise. But I think I could have bet some more. I think the wheel draw would have been a good hand to bet.

i havnt gone through any of the replies yet. This is what i noticed.I think a turn bet in hand 2 is good.In hand 6 I would have bet the river with A4 or whatever it was. Got lucky and missed a check/raise though. :wink: I hate folding in hand 8. I cant think of anything else to do but I think I would have bet the flop once he checked. Having checked, im not sure how bad calling the turn is and betting the river no matter what if he checks...definately bet the flop in hand 9 though. Its dry and you have a piece.hand 10 is an easy river raise. He would check/raise a J as hes shown by trying to check/raise the straight.

1 - 5:  I play the same6: Value bet the censored out of that river.7: Fine8: I probably would have bet the flop.  You have been playing really honest, and this is a hard flop for him to call without a peice of it (K high, no straight draws).  2:1 on your money is looking good here.9: I bet here too.  He may fold and if not, you could have up to 10 outs (7 at least).  Bet and see what happens.10: Raise/fold the river.  You don't have to worry about tricky stuff from this guy, and you haven't got out of line yet.  I see weak players donk obvious scare cards on the river with weak made hands all the time.  I think it's an excellent line that works well for them since it freezes most TAGs, and sometimes folds hands like 7x.  And while they will almost always call a raise (the weakness in their line), they rarely have to because most players aren't raising here without a J)11: Good12: Very good.  I bet a lot of people are going to tell you to raise the turn here, but I don't like that.  Usually villian will lead the river anyway, and you can pick up bets then.  Too often you get 3-bet on this turn.13-20: All good.Very nice Tim.
i like your style 8)
Hand 18, because you are pounding on this guy, I would play the 56o. Sometimes in HU matches being out of position is a good thing, you can bluff first, so Id play the 56o here. At this point in the match it is obvious he is outclassed, and I'd be taking as many flops with this guy as I could.
I'd normally play the 56o. Remeber these hands have two differences from a normal HU match. First, the Button is the BB, and second the SB is 1/3rd of the BB.I know both of these differences mean I should play fewer hands from the SB, but I'm not sure what the cutoff is. Plus, I think this guy will check from the BB a lot, so I can see cheap flops. If it were 56s, I'd play it.
I don't know the cutoff either, and I agree with the $1 small blind you should play less hands.