Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:diamond:, J:club:. CO posts a blind of $0.50. MP1 posts a blind of $0.50. UTG calls, 3 folds, BB checks.Flop: (6.50 SB) 8:spade:, 2:diamond:, 9:spade: (5 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls, How thin was this flop call? I have the correct odds to call for 5 outs but how many do you think i have? I know i have at least 3 for my gutterball, 2 jacks probably, and maybe a non spade queen, although that would complete the JT straight. I figured myself for probably 7 outs which would make the call correct, I guess i'm just looking for input from you guys. Also, could someone explane the theory of partial outs, or maybe direct me to an article about it. I believe it was in SSHE, and have heard people talk about it, but i was wondering if there was some sort of formula based on how many players in the pot and such.Also, i know this would be to mix it up, but could i raise preflop to gain position or is that just spewing?

Good flop call.I give you 3.5 outs for your gutshot.1.5 out for your overs.5 outs. With implied odds, warrants a call. And I think 5 outs is a bit on the conservative side. 5.5 may be a more accurate estimate.BTW, I usually lead at this flop.

Screech, What is your reasoning behind leading this flop. This is a 6 way pot, are we trying to clean up our Q & J outs, do we have equity? I can't see us winning this pot outright. Also, when determining partial outs, is it just an educated guess, or is there more to it than that?

I lead the flop because usually when I will call a bet I would rather bet myself.Overcards + a gutshot is a great hand to bet You may set yourself up to win the hand UI later, or you may increase your equity by cleaning up outs, or you may buy the button and a free card on the turn. So much more good comes from betting in this situation than calling.