nlhe rules question 2

This is my second general rules question in two days. This one probably won't be as controversial.In a tournament, when the blinds are raised and chips are replaced with higher denomination chips, what is the protocol on remainders?I (wrongly?) believed values were always rounded up to the next chip value.For example, if $25 chips will be removed and now the lowest denomination will be $100, how much does a player with $525 end up with?Logically it should be $500, but I always thought it was wrong to take any money from a player that he has earned. Would this player be rounded up to $600?What is the protocol in major MTT's and what is typical in home games?

A little further explanation (no offense Royal)If you have for ex. players with stcks of a-525 b-575 c-550 and d-625 after coloring up there even numbers of $25 chips (ie. 4 $25 chips gets 1 $100 chip) the protocal would be thus.Cards are dealt as per the number of odd $25 chips you had.a receives 1 cardb receives 3 cardsc receives 2 cardsd receives 1 cardAll $25 are pulled in and equal $175 so 2 $100 chips are awarded, odd numbers of $25 chips are rounded up (ie $375 is 4 $100 chips, $225 is 3 $100 chips). The highest card dealt will get one the next highest card dealt gets the other chip. Each player may only win 1 chip in a race. No player may be raced out of a tournament meaning if all you had was 1 $25 chip you would be given 1 $100 chip and allowed to remain.

A little further explanation (no offense Royal)If you have for ex. players with stcks of a-525 b-575 c-550 and d-625 after coloring up there even numbers of $25 chips (ie. 4 $25 chips gets 1 $100 chip) the protocal would be thus.Cards are dealt as per the number of odd $25 chips you had.a receives 1 cardb receives 3 cardsc receives 2 cardsd receives 1 cardAll $25 are pulled in and equal $175 so 2 $100 chips are awarded, odd numbers of $25 chips are rounded up (ie $375 is 4 $100 chips, $225 is 3 $100 chips). The highest card dealt will get one the next highest card dealt gets the other chip. Each player may only win 1 chip in a race. No player may be raced out of a tournament meaning if all you had was 1 $25 chip you would be given 1 $100 chip and allowed to remain.
thanks, im lazy :-)

The race typically happens like this....Let's say it's time to color up the $25's to $100's.All the $25's are stacked to make even $100's if you have $525 in $25's you get 5 $100's and the remaining $25 is equal to 1 card. If someone has $575, they get 5 $100's and then the remaining 3 $25's give him 3 cards.everyone with straggelers is in the race. If you get more than one high card you are only eligible for 1 higher chip. In the above example let's say that $200 worth of $25's are in the race, the player that got 3 high cards can only get 1 chip. Even if he get's 3 aces for his stragglers. The next highest card would get the remaining chip.

My friends refuse to color up......first they just didn't want to bother and now because they know it drives me insane !
Count your low denom chips out one at a time very slowly.
kudos on the explanation, concise and accurate. Not that I'm some high and mighty that needs to be impressed but I always like good explanations.