rounders/forum challenge

So i just got knocked out of the Forum Challenge in 8th place. Stupidly donked off some chips with AJ for the most part but the last hand i had about 1000 chips left. I was in the cut off i think so i raised the standard 3x the BB. AJoff calls me flop comes A9X ihe checks so do i hoping to get an all in on a later round. Turn card 9 he checks so do i. River X he bets 500 or something i raise all in. And what does he flip up AA. WOW! There is some rounders deja vue for ya. Not quite as big a loss. You have some payback coming for that gift AJoff

So i just got knocked out of the Forum Challenge in 8th place. Stupidly donked off some chips with AJ for the most part but the last hand i had about 1000 chips left. I was in the cut off i think so i raised the standard 3x the BB. AJoff calls me flop comes A9X ihe checks so do i hoping to get an all in on a later round. Turn card 9 he checks so do i. River X he bets 500 or something i raise all in. And what does he flip up AA. WOW! There is some rounders deja vue for ya. Not quite as big a loss. You have some payback coming for that gift AJoff
Except you have 2 pair losing to a boat, whereas in Rounders Mike had a smaller boat. So really, not that deja-vuish.
This would read so much easier if you didn't have AJ or his name wasn't AJoff. Just saying.....
Except you have 2 pair losing to a boat, whereas in Rounders Mike had a smaller boat. So really, not that deja-vuish.
No, look again. Aces full over 9's full.
where does he say he has A9?Either he's got AJoff, or that was his opponent... if that's the case, he never says what he has.
Sorry i wrote this wrong i had A9 on this hand the AJ was earlier on. So if any of you want to claim you could make this laydown i would love to hear it
where does he say he has A9?Either he's got AJoff, or that was his opponent... if that's the case, he never says what he has.
His opponent was AJoff
Sorry i wrote this wrong i had A9 on this hand the AJ was earlier on. So if any of you want to claim you could make this laydown i would love to hear it
well, in that case... jesus, my head hurts from the confusion.
I was doing pretty well...then I lost my connection and finished in 4th.  :club:
Better to go out that way than have to deal with what happened to me...NO_LIMIT TEXAS_HOLDEM $0+$0 (Real Money), #48,256,907 FCP Forum Challenge Multi Table Tournament, 26 Jan 2006 9:41 PM ET Seat 2: SAM_Hard80 ($1,525 in chips) Seat 3: Figger0 ($4,580 in chips) Seat 4: vvganeshavv0 ($8,052 in chips) Seat 5: Custom36 ($680 in chips) Seat 7: ajs510-fcp ($7,663 in chips) ANTES/BLINDSSAM_Hard80 posts blind ($75), Figger0 posts blind ($150).PRE-FLOPvvganeshavv0 bets $450, Custom36 folds, ajs510-fcp calls $450, SAM_Hard80 folds, Figger0 folds.FLOP [board cards 10H,7C,9S ]vvganeshavv0 bets $500, ajs510-fcp calls $500.TURN [board cards 10H,7C,9S,KD ]vvganeshavv0 bets $1,000, ajs510-fcp bets $2,000, vvganeshavv0 bets $6,102 and is all-in, ajs510-fcp calls $4,713 and is all-in.RIVER [board cards 10H,7C,9S,KD,JC ] (Sure, why not...a 4 outer straight) :shock: SHOWDOWNvvganeshavv0 shows [ KH,QH ]ajs510-fcp shows [ 9C,9H ]vvganeshavv0 wins $389, vvganeshavv0 wins $15,551. SUMMARYDealer: ajs510-fcpPot: $15,940SAM_Hard80, loses $75Figger0, loses $150vvganeshavv0, bets $8,052, collects $15,940, net $7,888Custom36, loses $0ajs510-fcp, loses $7,663I'm still steaming...that was so horrible it's beyond words.

In my opinion you should have raised him on the flop and the turn. He didn't even play it that badly. He bet at the pot on the flop, you called. He hit top pair and a gutshot on the turn, and he bet. You again only called. And of course his hand plays itself on the river. Could have been avoided.

In my opinion you should have raised him on the flop and the turn. He didn't even play it that badly. He bet at the pot on the flop, you called. He hit top pair and a gutshot on the turn, and he bet. You again only called. And of course his hand plays itself on the river. Could have been avoided.
I hope you're not talking about ajs, since they got it all in on the turn. Not saying the min-raise isn't ugly as hell, though.
I hope you're not talking about ajs, since they got it all in on the turn. Not saying the min-raise isn't ugly as hell, though.
I wanted him to push, and he'd been playing so aggresively that I knew if I dangled the carrot he'd give me exactly what I wanted.
Absolutely, it could have been avoided. The point is that I had him exactly where I wanted him, and then got rivered by a 4-outer he was 9% to hit.
I was doing pretty well...then I lost my connection and finished in 4th. :club:
Better to go out that way than have to deal with what happened to me...NO_LIMIT TEXAS_HOLDEM $0+$0 (Real Money), #48,256,907 FCP Forum Challenge Multi Table Tournament, 26 Jan 2006 9:41 PM ET Seat 2: SAM_Hard80 ($1,525 in chips) Seat 3: Figger0 ($4,580 in chips) Seat 4: vvganeshavv0 ($8,052 in chips) Seat 5: Custom36 ($680 in chips) Seat 7: ajs510-fcp ($7,663 in chips) ANTES/BLINDSSAM_Hard80 posts blind ($75), Figger0 posts blind ($150).PRE-FLOPvvganeshavv0 bets $450, Custom36 folds, ajs510-fcp calls $450, SAM_Hard80 folds, Figger0 folds.FLOP [board cards 10H,7C,9S ]vvganeshavv0 bets $500, ajs510-fcp calls $500.TURN [board cards 10H,7C,9S,KD ]vvganeshavv0 bets $1,000, ajs510-fcp bets $2,000, vvganeshavv0 bets $6,102 and is all-in, ajs510-fcp calls $4,713 and is all-in.RIVER [board cards 10H,7C,9S,KD,JC ] (Sure, why not...a 4 outer straight) :shock: SHOWDOWNvvganeshavv0 shows [ KH,QH ]ajs510-fcp shows [ 9C,9H ]vvganeshavv0 wins $389, vvganeshavv0 wins $15,551. SUMMARYDealer: ajs510-fcpPot: $15,940SAM_Hard80, loses $75Figger0, loses $150vvganeshavv0, bets $8,052, collects $15,940, net $7,888Custom36, loses $0ajs510-fcp, loses $7,663I'm still steaming...that was so horrible it's beyond words.
raise the flop

that was a pretty sick tournament overall, I got hit in the face with the deck from the beginning and then AJS hit his three outer against my kings and it was all downhill from there.the rounders hand was pretty crazy though, glad I was on the good end of it

Come on nritchi, I was counting on you for some points for our team.It takes a true donk to lay that down, I could, Gov could, you're off the team :club:
I'm thinkin The Donk Squad goes all the way but not by making those donk plays. Jk/jk