negreanu being negreanu

Date / Time: 2006-01-26 13:41:00  Title: Daniel Negreanu Doubles Through Chad Brown  Log: Daniel Negreanu and Chad Brown both check a flop of 9c-9s-3h, and the turn card is the Qs. Negreanu bets $9,000, Brown raises to $20,000, Negreanu reraises to $50,000, Brown moves all in, and Negreanu calls all in for his last $88,800. Brown shows As-Ks for a spade flush draw, and Negreanu reacts with "Oh no, you have spades." Negreanu shows 9d-7d (trip nines), and was hoping to be a bigger favorite than he actually is.  But the river card is the Kh, giving Brown a useless pair of kings instead of the flush he was hoping for, and Daniel Negreanu doubles up to a little over $240,000 in chips.    Boom....On a different note: Remember when Ted Forrest called down Chad Brown with dueces in the stud WSOP tournament and men the master spewed corona on the table?
yea that was some funny shit.

I agree with Turd on that, Forrest is one of the best ever in stud. I was just wondering if anyone thought that Chad overplayed his hand against Daniel. There are obviously other factors such as his read on Daniel that we do not know, but unless he put Daniel on a draw he knows that Daniel is committed to the pot so why not call the re-raise to 50k and try to hit your draw and minimize your losses? If he thought DN was making a move against him then I understand his play but otherwise I think he should flat call. Knowing all the action pre-flop might change my opinion, but I was wondering what everyone else thought.

I got the impression he overplayed his hand. Unless he put daniel on a queen or middle pair (10s or something). Then he COULD have as many as 15 outs (nine spades, 3 aces, and 3 kings). I still think he overplayed it. Hence the infomercial comment

I agree with Turd on that, Forrest is one of the best ever in stud.  I was just wondering if anyone thought that Chad overplayed his hand against Daniel.  There are obviously other factors such as his read on Daniel that we do not know, but unless he put Daniel on a draw he knows that Daniel is committed to the pot so why not call the re-raise to 50k and try to hit your draw and minimize your losses?  If he thought DN was making a move against him then I understand his play but otherwise I think he should flat call.  Knowing all the action pre-flop might change my opinion, but I was wondering what everyone else thought.
No.He bet his draw aggressively, just priced himself in and had to call. He figured he had two overs and the nut flush draw. And Daniel can't really call that without a boat or a 9.
I agree with Turd on that, Forrest is one of the best ever in stud.  I was just wondering if anyone thought that Chad overplayed his hand against Daniel.  There are obviously other factors such as his read on Daniel that we do not know, but unless he put Daniel on a draw he knows that Daniel is committed to the pot so why not call the re-raise to 50k and try to hit your draw and minimize your losses?  If he thought DN was making a move against him then I understand his play but otherwise I think he should flat call.  Knowing all the action pre-flop might change my opinion, but I was wondering what everyone else thought.
Without getting into too much detail, Daniel can only call if his has trips or a boat. I like the play.