offical dn updates for wsop circuit tunica day 3!!

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the shizzy from Cardplayer, looks pretty standard really:Daniel Negreanu Doubles Through Chad Brown Log: Daniel Negreanu and Chad Brown both check a flop of 9c-9s-3h, and the turn card is the Qs. Negreanu bets $9,000, Brown raises to $20,000, Negreanu reraises to $50,000, Brown moves all in, and Negreanu calls all in for his last $88,800. Brown shows As-Ks for a spade flush draw, and Negreanu reacts with "Oh no, you have spades." Negreanu shows 9d-7d (trip nines), and was hoping to be a bigger favorite than he actually is. But the river card is the Kh, giving Brown a useless pair of kings instead of the flush he was hoping for, and Daniel Negreanu doubles up to a little over $240,000 in chips. I don't think Brown made a bad play as long as he wasn't putting DN on a 9.

From CardPlayer:Daniel Negreanu and Chad Brown both check a flop of 9c-9s-3h, and the turn card is the Qs. Negreanu bets $9,000, Brown raises to $20,000, Negreanu reraises to $50,000, Brown moves all in, and Negreanu calls all in for his last $88,800. Brown shows As-Ks for a spade flush draw, and Negreanu reacts with "Oh no, you have spades." Negreanu shows 9d-7d (trip nines), and was hoping to be a bigger favorite than he actually is. But the river card is the Kh, giving Brown a useless pair of kings instead of the flush he was hoping for, and Daniel Negreanu doubles up to a little over $240,000 in chips.

AK WTF WAS THAT GUY THINKING, THAT'S JUST HORRIBLE PLAY BY CHAD! MERRY CHRISTMAS DANIEL.
Two overcards and the nut flush draw with a bunch of money already in the pot does not a terrible call make. It would have been a terrible laydown if he wasn't putting DN on the 9, since DN's all in was only slightly more than a minimum raise.
Yah, after he bet 40k, he had to call, but wow, I wonder what the action was before that. Wish we had more facts.
me too. But like DD said, I think I'd be a little bit more cautious with the board paired, since that eliminates a few outs
Sounds like a bad read by Chad. If he put his money in knowing he needed a spade to win then its a bad move, but I'm guessing he put Daniel on a lower spade draw or AJ type hand and figured Daniel was making a move on him.

Daniel Negreanu Doubles Through Chad Brown Log: Daniel Negreanu and Chad Brown both check a flop of 9c-9s-3h, and the turn card is the Qs. Negreanu bets $9,000, Brown raises to $20,000, Negreanu reraises to $50,000, Brown moves all in, and Negreanu calls all in for his last $88,800. Brown shows As-Ks for a spade flush draw, and Negreanu reacts with "Oh no, you have spades." Negreanu shows 9d-7d (trip nines), and was hoping to be a bigger favorite than he actually is. But the river card is the Kh, giving Brown a useless pair of kings instead of the flush he was hoping for, and Daniel Negreanu doubles up to a little over $240,000 in chips. Brown moved all-in after Daniel raised to $50k. I actually like this move. Daniel had to call off his last $88k. Move puts Daniel to the Test, and if he calls he has tons of outs. He probably though his A or K was good as well, and didnt put Daniel on the 9. So, I dont think it was a bad play at all. I would have done the same. Just my 2 cents.

you don't think dn is going to call 30k more with even a pair of queens or almost anything for that matter. After Daniel reraises my reraise. I am definately done with that hand.
You realize that the only hand Daniel can call with is a naked 9 or a boat, right? Brown's push is +EV.
you don't think dn is going to call 30k more with even a pair of queens or almost anything for that matter. After Daniel reraises my reraise. I am definately done with that hand.
You realize that the only hand Daniel can call with is a naked 9 or a boat, right? Brown's push is +EV.
Agreed. Brown made the right play. Pokerwire had it all wrong.** Edit: ** Also, if Brown hits his draw he is close to 300k in chips, and right on the chip leader's heels. WOuld put him in GREAT position to make a run to the title. He made the play that gave him the best chance at winning the whole thing.
He may call with AQ
You do realize that Negreanu reraised Chads reraise. Doubt DN would do that with a low pair. What if Negreanu had a hand like AQ. Think he mucks knowing Chad could be putting a move on him. I don't know.
Over/Under 20 minutes for the heat to kick in for the poker room
Date / Time: 2006-01-26 13:59:00 Title: Ahhhh ... Warmth! Log: Daniel Negreanu knows how to get things done. It's no longer freezing in here, and it's warming up to a nice, comfortable temperature. I think the under barely made it! lol

1 Brian Lamkin $ 450,000 2 Robert Schulz $ 240,000 3 Daniel Negreanu $ 220,000 4 Brandon Adams $ 171,000 5 Don Barton $ 170,000 6 Kia Mohajeri $ 155,000 7 Wendell Barnes $ 124,000 8 Bryant King $ 110,000 9 Mark Gregorich $ 110,000 10 Phil Galfond $ 105,000 11 Bill Edler $ 100,000 12 Hertzel Zalewski $ 83,000 13 Lee Markholt $ 76,000 14 Daniel Alaei $ 75,000 15 Ernest Shepherd $ 61,000 16 Chad Brown $ 42,000 17 Michael Tait $ 35,000 18 Galen Kester $ 32,000 19 Larry Satterwhite $ 32,000 20 George Bronstein $ 14,000

do you know wat the blinds are at?Edit:15-Minute Break; Blinds Increasing to $1,500-$3,000 ($400 Ante)Log: The players take a 15-minute break before the blinds increase to $1,500-$3,000, with a $400 ante.

They're on the bubble.
Stop being pessimistic. DN is gonna cash!!!!
Haha, I'm not pessimistic I think he is gonna cash, after all a few days ago i did say he was going reeeal deep in this tourney.