small time pro has me tilting at the horseshoe.

I've gone on tilt before from bad beats and guys bieng donks and winning as we all have, but this time was completely different...this had me spinning.So i was in vegas a couple of weeks ago and decided to to stop into the horseshoe to checkout some poker history in person. I decide to play a little just so i can say i played at the horseshoe. I sit in an 8-16 hold'em game and buy-in for 300.i'm playing for around an hour, up about 100 when this guy named harry sits down. every one knows him, the dealers, the "locals", so i figure he's some local small time pro. No big deal i play with alot of local pros back home too. i end up hearing later that he comes in everyday, wins 2 or 300 and quits, obviously makes this his living.So the first hand i play with this guy harry: he's in early pos and raises to 16, a middle player calls, and i call on the button with Q-10 of hearts (not a great hand but i have position), both blinds fold. flop is 10-6-2 rainbow. harry bets, mp folds, i make it 16, harry makes it 24, i call. I put him on an over pair. turn comes Q, sweet i'm thinking. harry bets 16, i go 32, harry makes it 48, i call. i hope he aces or kings at this point, but if he does have queens i'm drawing dead. river comes J, harry bets and i decide to just call fearing a set of queens...he turns over AK for a runner runner st8. I don't tilt, i just think this guy is a donkey and i'm going to win my money back soon enough.a few hands later harry raises in early pos again, and everyone folds to me. I look down at KK...i finaly have this jerk, but decide to play it cute and just call. flop comes Q-7-3, harry checks, i bet , protecting my hand, but hoping he check-raises so i can three bet. I pretty sure i have the best hand unless he has aces or queens. he thinks for what seems like an hour but is really about 40 seconds then PROCEEDS TO FOLD AQ FACE UP...........WHAT!!!!!!!! I'm thinking how does this piece of crap local pro not pay me off on that hand, yet rinse me by playing his AK like total retard. i've never been on worse tilt ever, i picked up my remaining chips and headed to the cashier muttering under my breath the whole way. probably the last time i'll paly at the horseshoe, just the very thought of the place puts me on tilt.

dont play queen ten of hearts in a raised pot in a full ring game..... and he must have had a huge tell on you that you had a big hand preflop for him to fold ace queen.

I'm thinking how does this piece of crap local pro not pay me off on that hand, yet rinse me by playing his AK like total retard. i've never been on worse tilt ever, i picked up my remaining chips and headed to the cashier muttering under my breath the whole way.
No disrespect... You must have some sort of really bad live tell.

Im sorry but i mean cmon. The guy obviously is good, just from hearing what the people around you are saying, but everyone plays like a donk from time to time. He got lucky, and then he settled down and outplayed you. Why go on tilt? Realize hes a player and ****ing play cards.I used to get mad when i got outplayed but then i realized i wasnt 4 anymore so i learned from my experiences. Pussy

I've gone on tilt before from bad beats and guys bieng donks and winning as we all have, but this time was completely different...this had me spinning.So i was in vegas a couple of weeks ago and decided to to stop into the horseshoe to checkout some poker history in person. I decide to play a little just so i can say i played at the horseshoe. I sit in an 8-16 hold'em game and buy-in for 300.i'm playing for around an hour, up about 100 when this guy named harry sits down. every one knows him, the dealers, the "locals", so i figure he's some localmiddle player calls, and i call on the button with Q-10 of hearts (not a great hand but i have position), both blinds fold. flop is 10-6-2 rainbow. harry bets, mp folds, i make it 16, harry makes it 24, i call. I put him on an over pair. turn comes Q, sweet i'm thinking. harry bets 16, i go 32, harry makes it 48, i call. i hope he aces or kings at this point, but if he does have queens i'm drawing dead. river comes J, harry bets and i decide to just call fearing a set of queens...he turns over AK for a runner runner st8. I don't tilt, i just think this guy is a donkey and i'm going to win my money back soon enough. small time pro. No big deal i play with alot of local pros back home too. i end up hearing later that he comes in everyday, wins 2 or 300 and quits, obviously makes this his living.So the first hand i play with this guy harry: he's in early pos and raises to 16, a a few hands later harry raises in early pos again, and everyone folds to me. I look down at KK...i finaly have this jerk, but decide to play it cute and just call. flop comes Q-7-3, harry checks, i bet , protecting my hand, but hoping he check-raises so i can three bet. I pretty sure i have the best hand unless he has aces or queens. he thinks for what seems like an hour but is really about 40 seconds then PROCEEDS TO FOLD AQ FACE UP...........WHAT!!!!!!!! I'm thinking how does this piece of crap local pro not pay me off on that hand, yet rinse me by playing his AK like total retard. i've never been on worse tilt ever, i picked up my remaining chips and headed to the cashier muttering under my breath the whole way. probably the last time i'll paly at the horseshoe, just the very thought of the place puts me on tilt.
That guy saw through your soul. You must of had a huge tell. Try looking like Phil Ivey when you play. Honestly though, I don't know how that guy could have possibly folded that in a limit game. It's insane. In no limit, yes but limit? I just can't believe he can be that good.

Wow, thats a pretty crazy story. I used to have tilt issues, and for the most part have overcome them. However, this would tilt me like no other! AQ fold on a Q73 flop, man thats redonkulous.

Im sorry but i mean cmon. The guy obviously is good, just from hearing what the people around you are saying, but everyone plays like a donk from time to time. He got lucky, and then he settled down and outplayed you. Why go on tilt? Realize hes a player and censored play cards. I used to get mad when i got outplayed but then i realized i wasnt 4 anymore so i learned from my experiences.
No.When he gazed around the table, peering into the souls of all his opponents, he should have seen the fire of kings.Well... plus i didnt even see that the guy cold called with kings preflop. Horrible.I dont know who's worse, to be honest.
PROCEEDS TO FOLD AQ FACE UP...........WHAT!!!!!!!! I'm thinking how does this piece of crap local pro not pay me off on that hand, yet rinse me by playing his AK like total retard. i've never been on worse tilt ever, i picked up my remaining chips and headed to the cashier muttering under my breath the whole way. probably the last time i'll paly at the horseshoe, just the very thought of the place puts me on tilt.
Wow.. you sound like a real winner. BP/ML.-adam
I'm thinking how does this piece of crap local pro not pay me off on that hand.
To be completely honest, you must be a terrible live player with mega tells. If your hand was shaking, that is bad. If you bet and then look uninterested, that is bad. if you acted like you had shit, and then raised, that is bad.Just saying

But he had big slick though!Nothing can beat big slick.And if it does, it's a bad beat and deserves everyone sympathy.BIG SLICK!@!!!!Oh yeah, and if it does lose in a big pot, you get to tell everyone some shitty joke about it being the "anna kournikova". And everyone will be like, woah, that guy is wicked clever.

I'll agree with you he made a fishy suckout and a good laydown. One other thing though - i think you're blowing this guy out of proportion because he's a regular at the Horseshoe. I bet very few world class players spend their days playing the 8/16 limit games.I gotta tell you, me and my buddy did the exact same thing as you in November. We went to Vegas for two weeks and played most places. The Horseshoe was a must of course. We sat in that same game as you just to be able to say we'd been there and done that. It's like teeing of at Augusta National.The table was full of tense, self-important guys in sunglasses and plenty of jewellry. My goal was to not lose too much to these hotshots. I felt like i must be up against eight Phil Iveys (and my buddy across the table). Well, after a couple of hours of solid poker, we both had made over 600 bucks and left the hotshots shaking their heads and mumbling "those swedes sure played some wicked poker". (and we didn't win this money by making four outer suckouts)This taught me to look behind the table image.