new to plo8, help wanted

Im a fairly new player to PLO8, like most converted from texas hold'em. Unfortunately i dont have a hand history, but I have a question on when it is appropriate to raise with a draw. I was in late position with 4 callers ahead of me as well as the button calling behind me. The situation occured when the flop came down 5 :club: 6 :) J :D with myself holding the A :) 2 :) 7 :D 10 :D . After the flop the BB bet the pot, 2 other players called, and I decided to call. I was thinking that if I could keep in enough players and hit the low, I could make some money if I hit my low and there were a lot of players in the pot. There ended up with 4 other players and myself seeing the turn, so I got what I wanted. The turn brought what I thought was a good card, the 9 :) . So right now, I'm sitting with the nut flush draw, another flush draw (only 10 high though) and the nut low draw. Once again, the SB checks and the BB bets the pot. There is a call and a fold in front of me. My question is should I be raising here? At the time I was thinking that if i just called, I could get at least one of the two players behind me to call, and with the draws I had i wanted to keep them in. I was also debating raising for value since, in my opinion, I had a lot of draws and I could get some value out of the other players. Like I said I'm no expert here and any critizism would be appreciated.

Your call on the flop is the move that should be debated, I think a flat call on the turn is the best play. On the flop, you have nothing except the nut low draw and a 10 high flush draw. Not knowing the players, I would guess that the BB could have A2 of diamonds, and you could be drawing for 1/4 of the pot. If i am playing a naked low draw, i like to have some kind of protection (a 3 or a 4). So a fold to a pot sized bet on the flop could be the correct move, it's likely that at least one other player has A2 and a better flush draw. That being said, since you saw the turn, I think there's too much money in the pot for you to fold, so the question is call or raise. Since you don't have anything yet, I think a call is your best option.

That being said, since you saw the turn, I think there's too much money in the pot for you to fold, so the question is call or raise. Since you don't have anything yet, I think a call is your best option.
I agree with the conclusion but not the reasoning.
Im a fairly new player to PLO8, like most converted from texas hold'em. Unfortunately i dont have a hand history, but I have a question on when it is appropriate to raise with a draw. I was in late position with 4 callers ahead of me as well as the button calling behind me. The situation occured when the flop came down 5 :club: 6 :) J :D with myself holding the A :) 2 :) 7 :D 10 :D . After the flop the BB bet the pot, 2 other players called, and I decided to call. I was thinking that if I could keep in enough players and hit the low, I could make some money if I hit my low and there were a lot of players in the pot. There ended up with 4 other players and myself seeing the turn, so I got what I wanted. The turn brought what I thought was a good card, the 9 :) . So right now, I'm sitting with the nut flush draw, another flush draw (only 10 high though) and the nut low. Once again, the SB checks and the BB bets the pot. There is a call and a fold in front of me. My question is should I be raising here? At the time I was thinking that if i just called, I could get at least one of the two players behind me to call, and with the draws I had i wanted to keep them in. I was also debating raising for value since, in my opinion, I had a lot of draws and I could get some value out of the other players. Like I said I'm no expert here and any critizism would be appreciated.
Ummm my question is..was it a 9 or an 8 of clubs...if it was the 9 you DON'T have a low yet and only have 2 draws so your definately not raising. If its an 8 then you do have the nut low but no protection.First off we should start at the beginning of the hand…I guess your biggest decision comes on the flop. Is the BB the kind of player that would play a second or third low draw with a nut flush draw strong? Or is he a nutpeddler. If he is the later then i would fold on the flop. But if you think the BB is going high i would raise here to limit the field...just incase you get counterfited and don't fill up your flush draw you might still be able to walk away with half the pot thanks to that 7 of clubs in your hand. I don't agree with just calling though...either raise or release.Now depending upon the types of hand you have seen at the table you should be able to see if the players acting behind you are relatively loose or tight. If they are really loose and won’t fold to a raise, releasing might be your best play here. Decide to raise or not with that info.Now as for the turn I would most likely not raise simply because i would want the call from another player just incase I end up getting quartered and it helps to build the pot should I hit a high club and scoop or a low club and three quarter the pot..Also with the 8 or 9 on the turn you picked up a gutshot along with both of your flush draws, while its not much its another 4 outs and ever card helps.So basically..Raise or release on the flop…Flat call the turn and then the river is easy.

Right now you have a whole lot of nothing. I am by no means an expert, but I would think that raising the turn with nothing (unless you feel that you have some fold equity and your opponent has been known to fold to a re-raise) but some draws would be terrible. However, I lost a (for me) huge amount of money yesterday to donkeys in both PLO8 and PLO who called my big bet on the turn when they had nothing but a draw, so maybe they are on to something...lol 8)

ThatPkrGuy, you are right. I meant to write that as I had a nut low draw. I had been playing with these guys for about 30 mins, and I had actually seen some of them going for the low with no high draw, when only drawing to maybe the 4th or 5th low. Basically, I felt that these people were excited just to make any sort of low, which is why I felt my A2 would have been good enough. One of the reasons why I called this flop, which seems to be the big issue here, is because I had seen most of these players paying off big pots with next to nothing, and I felt that if I my low draw, which at the time I thought was good enough to take 1/2 the pot, that the other 4 guys would pay me off, making it profitable. Also, I felt like all of these guys would at least see the turn, and maybe all 5 would see the river, so even if I got 1/4 of the pot, I would at least break even, and that I might be able to back into a winning high hand.

You have 17 outs for at least part of the pot: 4 3s, 4 4s, 4 8s, 3 7s, and KQc.5 of these outs give either a scoop or 3/4. Any 8 gives you a non-nut straight that may be good for high.5, 10, or J of clubs give you the nut flush but pair the board. Any other river card will make your decision automatic.It's hard to know how many of your outs are live, but I would definitely call the turn.

Ok so after that I feel that my best play would have been to just flat call the turn and then take whatever comes to me on the river. I'm guessing you guys are saying no to the raise on the turn is because at the time, my hand only has potential and nothing else? Well that is what happened, and unfortunately (for me) the river was the 9 :club: , so at least that made my decision on the river easy. Thanks for the replies guys.